Halo 5 Story being emotional

What do you think 343 meant by saying that the Story will be emotional like Halo Reach maybe some deaths of important characters or what are your theories?

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of your squad mates died. There are 8 of them, it would be a logical decision to kill one or two of them off. Also, the Guardian is supposedly the cause of that city being leveled on te front cover and in the live action trailer. This could easily be a result of something Chief did. Also, 343 has stated that Chief is still dealing with Cortana’s death and that it helps him “contextualize” important parts from his past like him being kidnapped etc. And he’s shared all those experiences with Blue Team. So there’s a ton of potential for heavy, emotional scenes. We’ll just have to see.

With the entire game built around 4 player Co-op I doubt any of them will die. I suspect the emotion will be the entire levelling of several worlds

> 2533274906745123;3:
> With the entire game built around 4 player Co-op I doubt any of them will die. I suspect the emotion will be the entire levelling of several worlds

That’s true, although someone could easily die at the end (after the gameplay is over with)

> 2535468947915585;4:
> > 2533274906745123;3:
> > With the entire game built around 4 player Co-op I doubt any of them will die. I suspect the emotion will be the entire levelling of several worlds
>
>
> That’s true, although someone could easily die at the end (after the gameplay is over with)

I think that is highly unlikely still, considering these characters are just being introduced in this game. It’s simply too soon for any of them to be killed, particularly after coming off of a game where the death of a major character was the source of most of the drama (which is still reverberating into this game).

I don’t think you need death to be present for the game or storyline to be emotional. They could just have some close calls, or something personal or important on the line. Granted you could have some side characters die to make it emotional but there are plenty of emotions already in character interaction. One could say that after Halo: Escalation, the relationship between Halsey and Palmer is emotional.

> 2533274906745123;3:
> With the entire game built around 4 player Co-op I doubt any of them will die. I suspect the emotion will be the entire levelling of several worlds

That’s right!! You’re 1000% for right!
SparerGlint3 I doubt that too.

I hope they just don’t kill: Chief, Blue team, the Arbiter and Buck.

> 2533274892367695;8:
> I hope they just don’t kill: Chief, Blue team, the Arbiter and Buck.

I doubt they are gonna kill those characters since they are all fan favorites I have been wrong before it has been said to be more emotional than reach was

> 2533274906745123;3:

This. This is a very good theory.

> 2533274920039666;5:
> > 2535468947915585;4:
> > > 2533274906745123;3:
> > > With the entire game built around 4 player Co-op I doubt any of them will die. I suspect the emotion will be the entire levelling of several worlds
> >
> >
> > That’s true, although someone could easily die at the end (after the gameplay is over with)
>
>
> I think that is highly unlikely still, considering these characters are just being introduced in this game. It’s simply too soon for any of them to be killed, particularly after coming off of a game where the death of a major character was the source of most of the drama (which is still reverberating into this game

I suppose that’s true. I didn’t mean that death is neccesary for an emotional story, but it’s completely within the realm of possibilities. I don’t want anyone on the teams to die unless absolutely neccesary. I think it will be awesome to connect with each one of them and see how they evolve in the future games. But like others said, the guardians actions will most certainly have an impact.

Why does everyone assume that someone has to die for a story to be emotional ,if you think that you need to stop watching The Walking Dead, also never get attached to anyone in that show just to warn you. I have two ideas on how the game can be emotional without a character in Halo 5 dying. One is as stated before Cgief is still dealing with Cortana’s passing imagine if Chief of all people just has a breakdown over this, at least Blue team is there for him. Also Chief may be looking into his past and humanity which can be emotional because of his parents deaths when their planet was glassed by The Arbiter when he wasn’t so nice and his kidnapping. The Arbiter could also be an emotional character considering he killed millions perhaps billions for a lie, including his friend’s parents, that is about as much guilt as you can possibly have. And for those you have read the Kilo Five trilogy you know Jul Mdama could be an emotional character to.

I’d imagine it’s on many different levels. For one, the entire galaxy is going to be on the brink of destruction (alluded by Arbiter from the MCC trailer two E3s ago). Humanity is on the brink of civil war (as alluded to in Nightfall and #huntthetruth), Chief is struggling with PTSD, people that look up to Chief (Buck and Locke) are going to be tasked to do some shady -Yoink- against him and question the character of their hero, Halo 6 likely won’t have two split campaigns, so expect plenty of people between Blue and Osiris to be KIA, not to mention the sheer level of destruction we’ve been teased in the live action trailer.

Halo 5 is shaping up to be Mass Effect 2 in terms of storytelling and serving as a prelude to Halo 6.

i really hope that it has its ups and downs (emotionally) i feel like that would give it some depth, and make the story more intresting.