Halo 5 still coming 2014

So what does the community think. Is halo 5 coming out this year? (I hope so…)

Halo 5 should get the standard 3-year dev time other Halo’s got. Hell, even CoD is doing 3-year dev cycles now.

Doubting the release of Halo 5 in 2014 is out of the question. However, whether or not ‘Halo Xbox One’ is Halo 5 or not isn’t.

Don’t expect a delay. It’s not happening.

I’m hoping that “Halo Xbox One” is not Halo 5. Which game was released 10 years ago? Halo 2. After Halo Anniversary, and the more recent Fable Anniversary, is it really out of the question for Microsoft to make a Halo 2 Anniversary? If they included multiplayer, it would be a great way to get some people to buy the Xbox One and please Halo fans for a bit longer.

After all, having Halo 5 release only a year after the new console is a risky move. Many people will not have bought the Xbox One yet, which would severely limit the game’s sales. Pushing it back to 2015 would give people more time to buy the console, and it would give more time to 343i to create a superior product.

It only makes sense for Halo 5 itself to be released in 2015, while giving us a Halo 2 Anniversary this fall.

BUT I want a halo game this year not a remake! :frowning:

I think 343 should be able to crank out Halo 5 no problem, but I guess an extra year of dev time can’t hurt, and I would really like to see Halo 2 Anniversary.

> After all, having Halo 5 release only a year after the new console is a risky move. Many people will not have bought the Xbox One yet, which would severely limit the game’s sales.

Or it could increase Xbox One sales, like the original Halo. It may lower initial launch sales, but increase them over time.

Guys, you realize it’s coming in 2014, right? A 343 guy tweeted that it’s not delayed and it’s also on the 343 website. Halo5follower soda vid on it.

> 2015.
>
> Halo 5 should get the standard 3-year dev time other Halo’s got. Hell, even CoD is doing 3-year dev cycles now.

They started developing halo 5 while in mid-development of halo 4

> BUT I want a halo game this year not a remake! :frowning:

If they do H2A properly and ship the MP as it was 10 years ago but with upgraded graphics…you’ll get to play the best halo multiplayer ever made to date.

Trust me, H2A, if done right, may well herald the return of Halo to it’s roots as a proper arena shooter.

That my friend…is a thing of beauty =]

~ Duck.

> Guys, you realize it’s coming in 2014, right? A 343 guy tweeted that it’s not delayed and <mark>it’s also on the 343 website.</mark> Halo5follower soda vid on it.

Nothing new has been posted on this website as I am aware?

> > After all, having Halo 5 release only a year after the new console is a risky move. Many people will not have bought the Xbox One yet, which would severely limit the game’s sales.
>
> Or it could increase Xbox One sales, like the original Halo. It may lower initial launch sales, but increase them over time.

Since Halo, as it stands right now, is in a declining state, I don’t think it’s in a position to push sales nearly as much as it did in the past. People will need to be convinced to buy a new console for Halo 5, and I don’t think rushing the product in 2 years is the best way to go about doing that.

I would rather see 343i take their time with Halo 5 than release it as quickly as they possibly can.

all i’ve heard/read thats confirmed so far is that a halo is coming in 2014 not that halo 5 was confirmed for 2014

Release dates have not been announced, not even remotely whispered.

I hope not. I’m willing to give 343i time to work on Halo 5 so they can give us the best game possible.

> Guys, you realize it’s coming in 2014, right? A 343 guy tweeted that it’s not delayed and it’s also on the 343 website. Halo5follower soda vid on it.

You realize “Halo Xbox One” =/= “Halo 5”, right? That tweet means nothing but that there will be a Halo game in 2014. Halo5follower is wrong.

If Halo Xbox One isn’t Halo 5 or at least some sort of NEW spinoff game then I’m just buying a PS4 and giving up on Halo. The teaser trailer implied a whole new game not a cheap rehash of an admittedly good game. Halo 2 had its lifetime and the community needs to stop beating a dead horse. That’s my thoughts on the matter.

> If Halo Xbox One isn’t Halo 5 or at least some sort of NEW spinoff game then I’m just buying a PS4 and giving up on Halo. The teaser trailer implied a whole new game not a cheap rehash of an admittedly good game. Halo 2 had its lifetime and the community needs to stop beating a dead horse. That’s my thoughts on the matter.

I agree but a spinoff would be nice, too. Better then a remake. I am a lore guy I want new halo stories not old one with good graphics.

I do want Halo 5 to come out this year, but who knows what’s gonna happen…

All signs are pointing to 2015 and I’m ok with that as the game gets a 3-4 year dev time and the more polished the better the game.