Halo 5 Spartan appearance dont be like Halo 4

In Halo 4 the spartans in multiplayer look to clean and new and yes I know they basically are they are new spartan 4’s but I want my Spartan in multiplayer to have scratches and like paint peeling off his armor I want him to look like hes been through a lot. Like how Halo reach spartans looked.

If this is going to be the darkest Halo game in Halo 5 I want it to look like the spartans have been through hell and back not freshly polished right out the the factory.

Also to note some of the armor just doesn’t look right such as the ODST armor the chest and legs and arms are fine but the helmet looks nothing like an ODST helmet and the shoulders are way to small. I want to look just like the ODST’s look in the cinematic trailers for Halo 3 ODST.

Also the spartans are so freaking bright like compared to the rest of the map they look like walking red and blue light bulbs you can get on the dynamic lighting on that which is cool it just makes the Spartans look like glow sticks which I dont want to see on Halo 5.

What do you guys think?

I think the problem with the 343 concept art is that it does not feel like any other halo in the saga.
The forerunner structures are triangular, sharp and polygonal structures, the 343 ones are just rectangular and linear, even circular.
The forerunner structures have like a “semi-hidden” core and some kind of “armor/exoskeleton” hiding it, what gives it an air of mystery and power, while the 343 ones are just rectangles with vertical/horizontal decoration and doesn’t look like they are functional, just decorative…
Halo 3 Forerunner structures
Halo 4 Forerunner structures

The armors have preety much the same problems, In HR, for example, the suit almost completely covered by the armor parts, which looks like every part has a purpose. In H4 it’s just like the armor parts are glued over the suit and they are purely decorative. That, or they are bulky, awkward parts glued together and kind of stupid…
Halo Reach armors
H4 multiplayer armors
Halo 4 Master Chief armor (look at the shoulders…)
I hope you can understand me lol

i agree the armor designs were very unimpressive in halo 4 and im hoping they take a page out of reaches book for the next game. i didnt really have a problem too much with the environment in halo 4 though.

My problem with Halo 4’s armor is the designs kind of looked too much like plastic, I’m surprised that didn’t bug them since drives me crazy. Which is odd but the same armors that in Reach look great but when there ported to H4 they looked badly textured. Hopefully they sort this issue out in H5.

Come to think of the environment did also look kind of strange.

> I think the problem with the 343 concept art is that it does not feel like any other halo in the saga.
> The forerunner structures are triangular, sharp and polygonal structures, the 343 ones are just rectangular and linear, even circular.
> The forerunner structures have like a “semi-hidden” core and some kind of “armor/exoskeleton” hiding it, what gives it an air of mystery and power, while the 343 ones are just rectangles with vertical/horizontal decoration and doesn’t look like they are functional, just decorative…
> Halo 3 Forerunner structures
> Halo 4 Forerunner structures

This is the point.

Each Forerunner rate has extremely distinctive architectural styles. The vast majority of architecture we’ve seen from the Forerunners has been from the Builders, while Halo Wars and Halo 4 shows us Warrior-Servant architecture, and the Keyship from Halo 2/3 is a Lifeworker vessel.

Then you’ve got the Miners who have a completely different style of architecture altogether. The Gatherer is extremely similar to what Bornstellar describes Miner constructs to be like - aesthetically displeasing with groups of of grapplers, lifters, and cutters on their underbellies. Forerunners also used stone to craft some of their temples which can change shape and form, like the Temple of Abiding Truth that Phillips is in on Sanghelios in The Thursday War. This sort of thing was also seen on Delta Halo during Halo 2, but in an inert form.

Forerunners don’t just have one style of architecture, you know? The same way we don’t have one style of architecture. It varies greatly across cultures and time, and the Forerunners have been around for over ten million of years as a space-faring race. We have seen the smallest glimpse of what they’ve built in a time period of about 10,000 years. We’re obviously going to be seeing things which are a departure from that as we see deeper into their society and technological capabilities, it’d be terribly dull if we found ourselves in the same grey buildings again and again every time a Forerunner structure was encountered…

Also, context needs to be taken into account here. Requiem was the very first Shield World created and it came about even before the Human-Forerunner war, Shield Worlds proper didn’t even come around for over 10,000 years following this.

How exactly are the spires impractical? They are mobile command stations which can move across Requiem, their geometry can be totally reconfigured, they serve as data attenuators to regulate the flow of communications, can relay command instructions from anywhere in the Shield World (like providing shielding over the Ur-Didact’s Cryptum), and can be used to protect areas of importance.

Halo 4 takes a lot out of the 360 right? That’s why I don’t complain much about it, also Mark V and Forerunner makes up for it. I’m not sure I like its belt shape, needs to be rectangular.

I know the Xbox One port (Sooner or later?) will complete Halo 4’s visual profile.

> Halo 4 takes a lot out of the 360 right? That’s why I don’t complain much about it, also Mark V and Forerunner makes up for it. I’m not sure I like its belt shape, needs to be rectangular.

Maybe it does but strangely Reach looked better in the design department so having something looking ‘shiney’ doesn’t just make it automatically better.

Reach does and I’m rather convinced too many resources went into the lighting for Halo 4, whereas Reach had balanced lighting that not only looked better but had an edge.

I updated my post in an untimely fashion. Mind the prompt response.

> In Halo 4 the spartans in multiplayer look to clean and new and yes I know they basically are they are new spartan 4’s but I want my Spartan in multiplayer to have scratches and like paint peeling off his armor I want him to look like hes been through a lot.

Well having their armor clean and new actually made perfect sense in Halo 4 as the war was over and a new branch of Spartans were created being trained on the Infinity.

> I think the problem with the 343 concept art is that it does not feel like any other halo in the saga.
> The forerunner structures are triangular, sharp and polygonal structures, the 343 ones are just rectangular and linear, even circular.
> The forerunner structures have like a “semi-hidden” core and some kind of “armor/exoskeleton” hiding it, what gives it an air of mystery and power, while the 343 ones are just rectangles with vertical/horizontal decoration and doesn’t look like they are functional, just decorative…
> Halo 3 Forerunner structures
> Halo 4 Forerunner structures
>
> The armors have preety much the same problems, In HR, for example, the suit almost completely covered by the armor parts, which looks like every part has a purpose. In H4 it’s just like the armor parts are glued over the suit and they are purely decorative. That, or they are bulky, awkward parts glued together and kind of stupid…
> Halo Reach armors
> H4 multiplayer armors
> Halo 4 Master Chief armor (look at the shoulders…)
> I hope you can understand me lol

I believe the Forerunner structures in Halo Wars were identical to the ones in Halo 4.

Master Chiefs armor looks a lot better in the game.

> > I think the problem with the 343 concept art is that it does not feel like any other halo in the saga.
> > The forerunner structures are triangular, sharp and polygonal structures, the 343 ones are just rectangular and linear, even circular.
> > The forerunner structures have like a “semi-hidden” core and some kind of “armor/exoskeleton” hiding it, what gives it an air of mystery and power, while the 343 ones are just rectangles with vertical/horizontal decoration and doesn’t look like they are functional, just decorative…
> > Halo 3 Forerunner structures
> > Halo 4 Forerunner structures
>
> This is the point.
>
> Each Forerunner rate has extremely distinctive architectural styles. The vast majority of architecture we’ve seen from the Forerunners has been from the Builders, while Halo Wars and Halo 4 shows us Warrior-Servant architecture, and the Keyship from Halo 2/3 is a Lifeworker vessel.
>
> Then you’ve got the Miners who have a completely different style of architecture altogether. The Gatherer is extremely similar to what Bornstellar describes Miner constructs to be like - aesthetically displeasing with groups of of grapplers, lifters, and cutters on their underbellies. Forerunners also used stone to craft some of their temples which can change shape and form, like the Temple of Abiding Truth that Phillips is in on Sanghelios in The Thursday War. This sort of thing was also seen on Delta Halo during Halo 2, but in an inert form.
>
> Forerunners don’t just have one style of architecture, you know? The same way we don’t have one style of architecture. It varies greatly across cultures and time, and the Forerunners have been around for over ten million of years as a space-faring race. We have seen the smallest glimpse of what they’ve built in a time period of about 10,000 years. We’re obviously going to be seeing things which are a departure from that as we see deeper into their society and technological capabilities, it’d be terribly dull if we found ourselves in the same grey buildings again and again every time a Forerunner structure was encountered…
>
> Also, context needs to be taken into account here. Requiem was the very first Shield World created and it came about even before the Human-Forerunner war, Shield Worlds proper didn’t even come around for over 10,000 years following this.
>
> How exactly are the spires impractical? They are mobile command stations which can move across Requiem, their geometry can be totally reconfigured, they serve as data attenuators to regulate the flow of communications, can relay command instructions from anywhere in the Shield World (like providing shielding over the Ur-Didact’s Cryptum), and can be used to protect areas of importance.

Exactly! Another thing to point out is, human architecture is different all over the world. Why would the Forerunners architecture be the same all over the galaxy?

I didn’t like how in Reach and H4 the Spartans seemed tiny. They should definitely go back to the old player models. As for colours, it would be better if they had scratches and looked less clean. Also why were the red and blue team colours less colourful then previous Halos? :S

The only real issue I had with Halo 4 spartans was the lack of proper visors.

GUNGNIR felt like an interesting change of pace, but they went way overboard with Halo 4.

Honestly, I just want my Spartan to have a cod piece.

Does anyone else think the ODST helmet looks kind of ridiculous?

Give the Master Chief another set of Mark VI armor, add Insurrectionists to the story, make Brutes semi-important again, add an option to port your Spartan from Halo 3, Halo: Reach, or Halo 4 as a character model for multiplayer, and add cameos of aforementioned multiplayer avatar in Campaign cutscenes and whatnot. That’s my wishlist.

I believe 343i wanna to put their own designs to the armour appearances, I want the halo reach armours because everything about the halo reach system is clear and fun! Halo 4 is very clean tho

I think one of the main problems with the armor, like a lot of Halo 4, is that the design is cluttered. There is no real theme or identifying characteristics to the armor. Of all the launch armors, aside from the Mark VI multiplayer armor, you probably couldn’t tell one piece from another unless you were looking close and side by side with another armor. It is almost the equivalent of someone scribbling in Z Brush until all of them are pretty much indistinguishable messes.

Only when we got the DLC armors did it actually seem they were trying to give the armor design purpose, which is bad since two of the four are just revision of older armor. Even when looking over the Halo 4 armors, it doesn’t seem any heart went into the design. With Halo 3 and Reach, the body armor designs were just place over the basic armor and they still looked better and were more recognizable than with H4.

Another thing I dislike is that there is no pelvis armor. Yes there were jokes made before H4’s release that the “metal diaper” was gone and Master Chief had no cod piece, but they still didn’t do anything about it, just changed the color of the under suit to make it look like there might be something there. If I was a front line soldier like a Spartan, I don’t think I’d be comfortable with my lower torso unprotected. For boasting pre-launch that the armor would be like stepping into a jet fight and look like every piece of it had a purpose, it obviously was not and could pretty much be taken as an outright lie. It’s just mostly cluttered, heart-less, crap design.

If you want armor that looks like each piece has a purpose, look no further than the Reach armors. The base armor for the Reach had visual sockets for other permutations. The chest looks like it can have addition parts attached to it, without looking like it compromises the protection to the wearer, and the shoulders have spots for where the pauldron armor attaches to. And the male and female variations allowed the player to be easily identified without compromising the design as well.

> Also to note some of the armor just doesn’t look right such as the ODST armor the chest and legs and arms are fine but the helmet looks nothing like an ODST helmet and the shoulders are way to small. I want to look just like the ODST’s look in the cinematic trailers for Halo 3 ODST.

It is probably because there are several subtle changes made to it for a reason I couldn’t tell you. The Halo 4 ODST helmet has more curve to its visor, like they were basing it off the Air Assault helmet. Similarly to the Air Assault, the overhang of the brim of the helmet has been greatly reduced, making it almost in line with the visor, as well as the cheek section being reduced. The broad, armored “chin-strap” design of the helmet was also changed and given a small peak over the mouth similar to the Recruit helmet. Also if you look at the old ODST helmet from the front, it has more of a trapezoid shape while the Halo 4 one has been made more round. If anything the ODST helmet is more of a remake of the Air Assault than the original ODST, that is how it looks to me anyways.

Totally agree with Halo 4’s overly-hot color palette.

Another problem I have with H4’s non-helmet armor: the shape and the skins.

The armor pieces vary in design and shape, sure, but very few stand out from the others. Halo Reach had some very unique chest/shoulder pieces that you could identify from a good distance away. In Reach I could name you every piece of armor just by looking at it.

In Halo 4, apart from the helmets, the pieces aren’t nearly distinct enough. None of the pieces dare to be very different. If the skin overlay isn’t very obvious, then I’m often unable to identify the pieces.

In sum, the shoulder and chest pieces aren’t distinct enough in shape or design, and they’re overshadowed by a heavy-handed skin. The skin too often becomes the defining feature, when in reality I feel the skin should be ancillary to the shape of the armor.

I feel like I also have to add something to this discussion, since I agree with it very strongly. The armour in Halo 1 to Reach (and especially Reach) made your Spartan look like a walking tank. The full suit was one piece that could stand on its own without anybody inside of it, so in a way, it really was a walking tank that you’d pilot. In fact, in several of the novels, When you see the Halo Reach armour, there’s an aspect of power and fear that emanates from the armour. It truly looks like a suit that can enhance the wearer’s strength and can protect him/her from damage with its thick plates and hydrostatic gel.

The Halo 4 armour, on the other hand, looks nothing more than a brightly couloured power ranger with a few bits of armour strapped on. If you tried to stand it up on its own, the skin-tight body suit would simply just flop down to the floor, leaving us with a pile of armour bits. It looks more like sports gear than a walking tank. You do not get the impression that the user would be well protected from anything, not even a little fall. Where’s the hydrostatic gel supposed to be within that tight body suit? How does simply clipping on a chest piece suddenly make the wearer stronger and faster? he old MJOLNIR armour was a single piece of armour that needed all of its components to work properly. I don’t understand how now, a user can simply walk around with a thin layer of fabric, then suddenly become super powerful with a bit of metal attached. The new MJOLNIR does not look like a unified, functional armour set.

Think of it as Iron Man’s suit versus a regular soldier’s battle gear. The original MJOLNIR is like Iron Man’s suits, highly advanced, beautiful, and looks like it could protect the wearer from anything. The new MJOLNIR looks like the regular marine armour. As simple protection, it’s fine, it’s great, it does its job. But try to pass it off as an Iron Man suit? It wouldn’t work.