Halo 5 Skyjacking

I hate complaining as much as anyone else, but I have to on this one. (I love Halo 5 as a whole btw) So I just got done a match in Warzone. We got demolished, partly because two people on their team has banshees like the whole game, which is fine because they either got lucky and got that cert or the paid actual money for it, but either way, that’s not what I’m complaining about. The problem is that is wouldn’t let me skyjack them…at all. I tried and tried again, but to no avail. The only time I saw the prompt for skyjacking is when I misjudged my thrust and smacked into the front of one and died. I had at least 5 good attempts that didn’t give me the prompt. (And yes I was mashing away at my action button). I get the timing being off or something every now and again, but if I’m jumping off a building AT a banshee that is shooting me, I should be able to skyjack it. I know it is in the game, it just seems far too insensitive. Anybody else have similar issues?

You and I are having largely different experiences. I get skyjacked out of my banshees from people seemingly nowhere near me all the time.

That’s really tough luck. I have the same problems. It can’t be has bad as the Wraith and Scorp tanks. Getting splattered is bad enough but it’s worse when you hop into the gunner seat instead.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I don’t even warzone…

Sounds like you need a jet pack to get to the banshees. lol, oh how I miss you jet pack. and before you say jet packs are OP tell me this how is a gadget that makes you exposed to ground fire a OP thing while your up in the air every one on the ground is in cover.

Pro tip: Hold the button.

I have only been able to skyjack once and it was when the banshee was flying along the ground.

> 2535463404063728;6:
> Pro tip: Hold the button.

This helps. Also I easily jack banshees… Beware of flying too low

I like to lure my victims towards me, then deceive them with my thruster, throwing them out of their banshees, and laugh as I fly away with their REQ.

> 2535463404063728;6:
> Pro tip: Hold the button.

I knew someone would say this. I’ve been playing halo for years, I know how to skyjack. It feels like it’s the game.

> 2533274816702503;10:
> > 2535463404063728;6:
> > Pro tip: Hold the button.
>
>
> I knew someone would say this. I’ve been playing halo for years, I know how to skyjack. It feels like it’s the game.

It probably is the game. I held the button when it prompted me to Board the Wraith Tank.
Put me in the Wraith Tank’s gunner seat instead.

i know for the tanks you almost universally have to approach from behind.

> 2533274816702503;1:
> two people on their team has banshees like the whole game, which is fine because they either got lucky and got that cert or the PAID ACTUAL MONEY for it,

Perfect example of why Halo 5 is Pay to win

i still havent played warzone yet! i need to!

> 2810058517507654;13:
> > 2533274816702503;1:
> > two people on their team has banshees like the whole game, which is fine because they either got lucky and got that cert or the PAID ACTUAL MONEY for it,
>
>
> Perfect example of why Halo 5 is Pay to win

A rocket that I got for free takes their money out of the sky really easily…

Hold the button as they get close and don’t let go. The prompt doesn’t always come up.

> 2533274816702503;10:
> > 2535463404063728;6:
> > Pro tip: Hold the button.
>
>
> I knew someone would say this. I’ve been playing halo for years, I know how to skyjack. It feels like it’s the game.

You’re the one who said you were mashing the button.

I just hold the button and it works. Been fine past Halo games, and the lucky skyjack I got in Halo 5 was also due to well… luck and holding buttons. Hold the action button and hope for the best!

> 2810058517507654;13:
> > 2533274816702503;1:
> > two people on their team has banshees like the whole game, which is fine because they either got lucky and got that cert or the PAID ACTUAL MONEY for it,
>
>
> Perfect example of why Halo 5 is Pay to win

One spartan Laser makes quick work. No spartan laser? Communicate with teh team. A banshee can be taken out for a couple people with BRs.

Yup same with Ghosts. You used to be able to hijack just before your splattered, now you are just splattered. Also the tanks need fixed as well, tired of trying to jack them from the front because I always end up in the turret. My Spartan is half limited or the hijacking is broke in the front.