Halo 5 Should Look Like This...

Campaign:
Matchmaking feature should be added like it was in Reach. It was a small touch, but it encouraged players to play the campaign if they had a challenge to complete and didn’t want to jump in by themselves. An option for difficulty should be a voting option at the start of the game for all the players in the lobby. They could search by being able to choose any of the campaign levels, like in Spartan Ops.

Hide skulls before they can be used.

Campaign scoring option.

Less button pushing, if you know what I mean. (Halo 4)

If you are playing 4-player co-op, let the party leader be Master Chief and the others be their custom spartan. Reflect this in cut scenes when and if necessary.

War Games:
Certain playlists should have objective and slayer gametypes, like BTB and MLG. Keep playlists consolidated for better population.

Bring back double exp weekends.

Ammo should be available around the maps for primary weapons. Maybe just an ammo crate for whatever primary weapon you are carrying. Similar to Spartan Ops.

Vehicles should be buffed because too many people on maps have power weapons with ordinance drops, or improve ordance drops. Have them happen every 8 kills, or 5 if you get them more frequently. Let us customize our ordance drops to a nade choice, an armor ability choice and a speed boost/damage boost choice.

Put power weapons around the map only.

You should rank up faster if you win more, maybe offer a flat 1000 exp if you win, and you lose 1000 exp if you quit. Either way, encourage players to win and not quit.

Make it so that commendations can be adjusted by 343 if completing them is too easy, or too difficult.

Bring back de-scope when taking fire.

Bring back proper medal chest and all emblems from previous Halo games.

Bring back armor effects, and my katana, and let me use that katana in assassination animations.

Join in Progress needs to be fixed entirely. Don’t start games without a full lobby. Just give people the option to turn Join in Progress off. Everybody is happy.

Allow us to view party details so we don’t join a queue just to find out your friends’ game just started.

Dedicated servers need to be well maintained.

Better Ranking system, experience and skill based.

Spartan Ops:
Difficulty should be a voting option at the start of the game for all players in the lobby.

Give us firefight or something new to replace Spartan Ops.

Theater:
This feature seems to suffer with every new Halo game. Theater should be perfected and left alone. You should have direct access to your recent films from the Theater lobby. Allow us to watch any and all recent game play, in campaign, Spartan Ops, customs and matchmaking. Perhaps have a quick option at the end of any game that reminds you to save a film would be nice. At least 4 players should be able to watch a film and/or a film clip together.

Integrate the DVR feature where we can pull clips back and forth directly from our fileshare.

Bring back the Community Spotlight and 343 Favorites. Allow us to access files from Waypoint and in game. Have films rendered automatically as part of the upload process. Sharing files made in Theater could be amazing.

Get File Share at least on par with Bungie’s version.

Other:
Better Maps - Maybe a Classic Map Pack, or one classic map in each DLC pack
More Custom Game/Forge options
Better Menu Navigation
Exclusive armor, Can I haz reconz?

Improved and customizable service records. That would be amazing, especially if I can include legacy stats from previous Halo titles.

Better Marketing! Minimize preorder bonuses, don’t exclude parts of the world from DLC and if you buy a Halo 5 console, include all the limited edition exclusives with it.

Each Halo game following this should vary on maps, weapons, armor and then only add features that won’t completely break core Halo.

I like this a lot. I have some ideas for the ranking system

We need 2 ranking systems:

1. <mark>Recruit - Inheritor</mark> (a total of 20 million exp)
  2. <mark>1 - 50</mark> (Separate Skill that is, however, not independent to the exp ranking; where you have to have a certain skill to progress further up the ranks.)

Credits should work separately.

A good idea in my opinion is this: Exp can only be obtained through completing games only. This includes the double exp weekends.
Challenges gain you additional credits but NO EXP.

> Legaaal

1-50 is pretty much gone. Chances are, with Josh Menke (who did SCII’s ranking system) at 343, we’ll be seeing something new. If it goes the way of Starcraft, as many people hope, H5 will incorporate a divisional system - bronze, silver, gold, platinum, master, grandmaster, etc., with grandmaster reserved for professionals. The 1-50 system is flawed in that a pro would easily destroy any other 50, despite being the same rank, so I think Menke is a welcome change.

> 1-50 is pretty much gone. Chances are, with Josh Menke (who did SCII’s ranking system) at 343, we’ll be seeing something new. If it goes the way of Starcraft, as many people hope, H5 will incorporate a divisional system - bronze, silver, gold, platinum, master, grandmaster, etc., with grandmaster reserved for professionals. The 1-50 system is flawed in that a pro would easily destroy any other 50, despite being the same rank, so I think Menke is a welcome change.

Yeah that sounds pretty good, too. As long as it’s half decent.

I’d disagree with the stuff about 4-player co-op. I think it would be better if it was Blue Team instead of your custom Spartan.

Player 1: Master Chief
Abilities - being Master Chief[/li]

Player 2: Kelly-087
Abilities - unlimited sprinting, slight increase in jump height[/li]

Player 3: Fred-104
Abilities - Increase in melee lunge, grenades can be thrown farther[/li]

Player 4: Linda-058
Abilities - 50% Increase in accuracy, slight increase in auto-aim and RRR[/li]

Love this 343i please start looking deep into the Community for hiring because the people there now might not be the best for deciding what we get. To my knowledge we don’t have a a direct voice to 343i or Microsoft. I mean a real voice. THe forums are good but alot of amazing things are missed, here. Maybe we could elect one of the Monitors to be the go to person with ideas.

Also to the guy who said play as Blue Team. There are a few issues with that. I thought at anytime the Spartans would change teams. We don’t really know what gear they have or even if they are in the front lines still. Being Fireteam Crimson with MC would be alot better than being Blue Team, because it would improve their story while being able to tell MC’s. I know, Crimson 1,2,3 and 4. We could have the leader of Crimson, acting as the ordinance master and pilot of course without ever revealing what he/she looked like. Just simply wearing Commando armor or a armor that shows command. Not scout because that makes no sense, but War Master.

This way everyone but MC can look as they want to.

I would absolutely love to see Spartan Blue Team in a game! I wonder how the community would react if the main protagonist was Fred instead of John.

> > Legaaal
>
> 1-50 is pretty much gone. Chances are, with Josh Menke (who did SCII’s ranking system) at 343, we’ll be seeing something new. If it goes the way of Starcraft, as many people hope, H5 will incorporate a divisional system - bronze, silver, gold, platinum, master, grandmaster, etc., with grandmaster reserved for professionals. The 1-50 system is flawed in that a pro would easily destroy any other 50, despite being the same rank, so I think Menke is a welcome change.

I was not aware that he was working for 343i. I loved the Halo 3 Ranking System but it was far from perfect. I welcome a stable, visible and effective ranking system, even if it is nothing like Halo 3.

And to all those talking about building the Halo 5 campaign around the 4-player co op experience, all those ideas sound great. I loved being able to play my spartan in the Halo: Reach campaign, but playing as more than Master Chief that ties directly to the story might not work for this trilogy. Perhaps something like Reach or ODST in the future could implement these ideas to coincide with the events of Halo 4, 5, 6.

343 thought way too much into this game and ruined it. Halo was an arena shooter and should have remained as such.

They need to get rid of all this AA, sprint, armor dressing room gimicky garbage and give us a real arena halo that deserves to be called one.

If they want to innovate it should be done after they repair what they did to theater, forge, customs, etc. Then bring amazing interactive maps and awesome vehicles.

Seems 343 should phone and friend and ask Bungie for some help on this one.

Armor Abilities, Ordance and Loadouts could work if power weapons are spawned on the map only.

Ah I almost forgot Reach had Campaign Matchmaking. Never got to use it but it’d have been nice.

Which reminds me, ODST had a Resume Co-op Campaign option. That ought to be expanded on.

Campaign JiP would be nice… it really sucks to be lagged out or accidentally quit and have to sit out from the session you were in.

> I’d disagree with the stuff about 4-player co-op. I think it would be better if it was Blue Team instead of your custom Spartan.
>
> Player 1: Master Chief
> Abilities - being Master Chief[/li]
>
> Player 2: Kelly-087
> Abilities - unlimited sprinting, slight increase in jump height[/li]
>
> Player 3: Fred-104
> Abilities - Increase in melee lunge, grenades can be thrown farther[/li]
>
> Player 4: Linda-058
> Abilities - 50% Increase in accuracy, slight increase in auto-aim and RRR[/li]

This.

I’d rather not play as a reskinned Chief (Arbiter and Elites Co-op characters in Halo 3).

> Campaign:
> Matchmaking feature should be added like it was in Reach. It was a small touch, but it encouraged players to play the campaign if they had a challenge to complete and didn’t want to jump in by themselves. An option for difficulty should be a voting option at the start of the game for all the players in the lobby. They could search by being able to choose any of the campaign levels, like in Spartan Ops.
>
> Hide skulls before they can be used.
>
> Campaign scoring option.
>
> Less button pushing, if you know what I mean. (Halo 4)
>
> <mark>If you are playing 4-player co-op, let the party leader be Master Chief and the others be their custom spartan. Reflect this in cut scenes when and if necessary.</mark>
>
> War Games:
> Certain playlists should have objective and slayer gametypes, like BTB and MLG. Keep playlists consolidated for better population.
>
> Bring back double exp weekends.
>
> Ammo should be available around the maps for primary weapons. Maybe just an ammo crate for whatever primary weapon you are carrying. Similar to Spartan Ops.
>
> Vehicles should be buffed because too many people on maps have power weapons with ordinance drops, or improve ordance drops. Have them happen every 8 kills, or 5 if you get them more frequently. Let us customize our ordance drops to a nade choice, an armor ability choice and a speed boost/damage boost choice.
>
> Put power weapons around the map only.
>
> You should rank up faster if you win more, maybe offer a flat 1000 exp if you win, and you lose 1000 exp if you quit. Either way, encourage players to win and not quit.
>
> Make it so that commendations can be adjusted by 343 if completing them is too easy, or too difficult.
>
> Bring back de-scope when taking fire.
>
> Bring back proper medal chest and all emblems from previous Halo games.
>
> Bring back armor effects, and my katana, and let me use that katana in assassination animations.
>
> Join in Progress needs to be fixed entirely. Don’t start games without a full lobby. Just give people the option to turn Join in Progress off. Everybody is happy.
>
> Allow us to view party details so we don’t join a queue just to find out your friends’ game just started.
>
> Dedicated servers need to be well maintained.
>
> Better Ranking system, experience and skill based.
>
> Spartan Ops:
> Difficulty should be a voting option at the start of the game for all players in the lobby.
>
> Give us firefight or something new to replace Spartan Ops.
>
> Theater:
> This feature seems to suffer with every new Halo game. Theater should be perfected and left alone. You should have direct access to your recent films from the Theater lobby. Allow us to watch any and all recent game play, in campaign, Spartan Ops, customs and matchmaking. Perhaps have a quick option at the end of any game that reminds you to save a film would be nice. At least 4 players should be able to watch a film and/or a film clip together.
>
> Integrate the DVR feature where we can pull clips back and forth directly from our fileshare.
>
> Bring back the Community Spotlight and 343 Favorites. Allow us to access files from Waypoint and in game. Have films rendered automatically as part of the upload process. Sharing files made in Theater could be amazing.
>
> Get File Share at least on par with Bungie’s version.
>
> Other:
> Better Maps - Maybe a Classic Map Pack, or one classic map in each DLC pack
> More Custom Game/Forge options
> Better Menu Navigation
> Exclusive armor, Can I haz reconz?
>
> Improved and customizable service records. That would be amazing, especially if I can include legacy stats from previous Halo titles.
>
> Better Marketing! Minimize preorder bonuses, don’t exclude parts of the world from DLC and if you buy a Halo 5 console, include all the limited edition exclusives with it.
>
> Each Halo game following this should vary on maps, weapons, armor and then only add features that won’t completely break core Halo.

I practically agree with this entire thread, and we should have been able to use our spartans during campaign after certain missions (As soon as Infinity or after Infinity because Spartan IV were introduced) but then again, if we get it in Halo 5. I’ll be happy along with earned Skulls if they also give you some bonus armor.

Also, Skill-based achievements, and achievement earned armour will be a good bonus in my opinion.

Player v Enemy

Campaign

Longer campaign in the range of twice as long as Halo 4. Huge expansive levels if not open world with multiple ways to do the misson. Stealth, all guns blazing,etc. Optional objectives, ability to carry more than two weapons (it is single player or coop no reason why I should not be able to carry more than two weapons), secrets, more terminals, collectables, xp for doing missons. Other living Forerunners besides the Ur Didact, Ancient Humanity playing a bigger role, and the return of the Flood/Precursor threat. Bullet spongey enemies are gone.

Spartan Ops

Spartan Ops now takes place on a hub world. Players branch out and do missons. For example clear this area to allow radio signals to go through. Th players have to drive to the location in a vehicle, they can get ambushed by enemies, drop in drop out system no need to match make. Home base where players can talk with NPCs. These NPC conversations replce the weekly CGI cutscenes which were expensive to make and took time away from gameplay. CGI cutscenes are now monthly but longer. Fire Fight like missions exist, vehicle based missions make an appearance like Long Night of Solace or the trench run in Midnight. Improvements from campaign like secrets, etc.

Player v Player

Multiplayer broken down into two sections Arena and Infinity

General

Armor Abilities

Selectable, spawn with them, reusable, present in Infinity game modes only. AAs now require battery packs meaning you can not endlessly spam them. Battery packs can be picked up from fallen enemies or dead friendlies. Amor abilities can now be picked up from dead players Armor abilities are:

Thruster Pack

Promethean Vision

Regeneration Field

Auto Sentry

Power ups

Picked up on map, are fought over like power weapons. Short duration buffs. Powerups are:

Overshield

Damage Boost

Speed Boost

Jump Boost

Equipment

High powered and tier armor abilities, reusable, replaces your AA, picked up on map, eats twice as much as energy as AAs. Armor Abliities are:

Active Camo

Jetpack

Damage Burst (allows a player to send out energy pulse damaging enemy and teammates alike)

Medic (can revive non assassinated players at a cost of no shields for either player for 5 seconds)

Other

No perk like systems, Halo 4 style rank up system but longer, hidden CSR, player card system but with Halo Reach style lobby screen. Custom game modes now a part of matchmaking. Invasion returns, 3 sides, toggleable ticket spawn system. Forerunners/Prometheans and Elites are playable. Both a server browser and match making system exist. 64 player cap for large scale gamemodes like Invasion.

Arena

No sprint, no loudouts, no AAs, small maps, higher movement speed classic Halo for a new console. All 4v4 game types are arena games, small maps designed exclusively for Arena.

Infinity

Loadouts

Primary weapon, secondary, grenade, and armor abilities are selectable. Point based system, this prevents a player from spawning with game breaking combos without removing them from loud outs like plasma grenades and pistol.

Ordnance

Personal ordnance now limited to ammo, primary and secondary weapon, battery pack for AA, grenades, and armor abilities. Heavies style game mode exists where powers weapons, power ups, and equipment exist in PO in addition to the normal things in PO.

I like the Spartan Ops idea from the post above. More of an open world concept, drop in or drop out. This could include you exploring an area to find missions. These missions could be a mix of spartan ops and firefight. Maybe more skulls could be found in this open world too. Like a small scale RPG in a menu option called “Universe”.