Halo 5 should include "Classic" playlists

I’m not looking to start a war between the fans of the classic Halo games and the 343i games, but I am a life long Halo fan that has taken issue with the direction 343i has taken the games. While this wouldn’t fix Halo 5 and all of the issues I have with it, I do think it will make playing Halo 5 a much more enjoyable experience for players like myself.

My idea is that there could be two or three playlists. Perhaps a competitive Team Classic Arena playlist (ranked), A FFA and or Rumble Pit Playlist. All of which would have all spartan abilities turned off. No sprint, no thrusters, no groundpound, etc. Many classic weapons have already been added to Halo 5 such as the Halo 2 BR, Halo CE Pistol, SKRN Rocket Launcher, etc. These weapons should be featured on the maps.

From my understanding, pretty much every map from the earlier Halo games have been remade in Halo 5’s forge (Guardian, Snowbound, etc). The best of these maps could be included in the matchmaking playlists,

By adding these two playlist I think it would help slowly return many disenfranchised fans who have turned their backs on the series which would mean a longer lifespan for Halo 5’s multiplayer.

P.S On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know if there is a way to unequip a weapon skin. I don’t have anything good yet, and would rather just use the default weapons in the meantime.

I totally agree with you. They very well could incorporate classic playlists with no trouble at all. I sure hope they do, I also am a veteran to the series who would enjoy that. As for your weapon skin predicament… not a clue bud, sorry.

I like the idea. A temporary playlist could be cool if anything.

On point dude!

I dont know why they refuse to add one. Like seriously. 343 cares more about REQ money then if the game is actually good.

Agreed. 343s vision/direction of Halo is misguided. I’m truly scared to see what they will do to H6.

Ps. Default weapon skin is the first one in the list for each weapon

I’ve played on the valhalla and sand trap maps during big team (only once btw…-_-) and they were the best matches of halo 5 I’ve played.

If they were to add what you’re saying this game would get ten times better.

We need blood gulch as well!

I’d have to agree. We need classic playlists with classic games and maps however not temporary. We need rumble pit or action sack which were two of the highest played in halo 3 reach and even halo 4. They give us what we want but only on a weekend or for a week. I feel we should have more playlists that are permenant cause we don’t even have an objective play list.

Yeah they should do it. It is not as if they cant, because they turned off some Spartan abilities for the infected in the Infection playlist.

> 2533274818188380;1:
> I’m not looking to start a war between the fans of the classic Halo games and the 343i games, but I am a life long Halo fan that has taken issue with the direction 343i has taken the games. While this wouldn’t fix Halo 5 and all of the issues I have with it, I do think it will make playing Halo 5 a much more enjoyable experience for players like myself.
>
> My idea is that there could be two or three playlists. Perhaps a competitive Team Classic Arena playlist (ranked), A FFA and or Rumble Pit Playlist. All of which would have all spartan abilities turned off. No sprint, no thrusters, no groundpound, etc. Many classic weapons have already been added to Halo 5 such as the Halo 2 BR, Halo CE Pistol, SKRN Rocket Launcher, etc. These weapons should be featured on the maps.
>
> From my understanding, pretty much every map from the earlier Halo games have been remade in Halo 5’s forge (Guardian, Snowbound, etc). The best of these maps could be included in the matchmaking playlists,
>
> By adding these two playlist I think it would help slowly return many disenfranchised fans who have turned their backs on the series which would mean a longer lifespan for Halo 5’s multiplayer.
>
> P.S On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know if there is a way to unequip a weapon skin. I don’t have anything good yet, and would rather just use the default weapons in the meantime.

Oh I fully intend to start one!!! I’m sick of no CTF! I don’t give a crap about infection and griffball!!! I want the game type that helped Halo multiplayer be great until modern FPS came out

please make this happen 343, I’d settle for just one playlist. The maps would be community supplied, and the populations would be more acceptable than the MCC. Simple easy thing to incorporate, I don’t see a reason not to have one. It’ll shut me up for a while I can tell you that much.

I totally agree with OP. I am also a fan of Halo since its beginning, and I feel that the return of classic maps would be at least a minimum. In my opinion, Halo 5 maps are way more complex than the maps from the other Halos. In addition, I also think that having classic maps to play on would help “lost” players to settle in.

Removal of spartan abilities could also be a nice twist to a classic playlist, although it could be only a part of it. For instance, we could have a Classic playlist with maps from previous Halos like Lockout, Ascension, Guardians, Haven, etc., and, let’s say, two game modes. One with spartan abilities, and one without (kind of like in SWAT, where we have one with magnums and one with DMRs). I believe this would be a cool compromise between old players like me, and the new ones. Old players could practice spartan abilities on maps they know (on the half-classic mode), while still having the chance to play H3 style (on the full-classic mode).

SNPR

I completely agree with the concept of a Classic Halo playlist.

I just want to see classic maps again

This is a great idea, and 343i should take a hint from all the older Halo games and how popular they were, we need these classic gametypes back.