Halo 5 Servers

343 really needs to fix this travesty of a multiplayer game. The servers are the worst designed, implemented, and maintained piles of garbage compared to any other major player in the FPS gaming world. It shouldn’t be a crapshoot if I’m going to be connected anywhere in my region for a good connection.

I could be connecting via somewhere in Japan for all I know, and I have a couple videos to prove it. This is the only multiplayer game I have problems with… So I guess it’s back to ESO or Battlefield.

> 2533274835617144;1:
> 343 really needs to fix this travesty of a multiplayer game. The servers are the worst designed, implemented, and maintained piles of garbage compared to any other major player in the FPS gaming world. It shouldn’t be a crapshoot if I’m going to be connected anywhere in my region for a good connection.
>
> I could be connecting via somewhere in Japan for all I know, and I have a couple videos to prove it. This is the only multiplayer game I have problems with… So I guess it’s back to ESO or Battlefield.

prove the proof plz

> 2535415903218588;2:
> > 2533274835617144;1:
> > > 2535415903218588;2:
> > > > 2533274835617144;1:
> > > > 343 really needs to fix this travesty of a multiplayer game. The servers are the worst designed, implemented, and maintained piles of garbage compared to any other major player in the FPS gaming world. It shouldn’t be a crapshoot if I’m going to be connected anywhere in my region for a good connection.
> > > >
> > > > I could be connecting via somewhere in Japan for all I know, and I have a couple videos to prove it. This is the only multiplayer game I have problems with… So I guess it’s back to ESO or Battlefield.
> > >
> > >
> > > prove the proof plz
> >
> >
> >
> > 343 really needs to fix this travesty of a multiplayer game. The servers are the worst designed, implemented, and maintained piles of garbage compared to any other major player in the FPS gaming world. It shouldn’t be a crapshoot if I’m going to be connected anywhere in my region for a good connection.
> >
> > I could be connecting via somewhere in Japan for all I know, and I have a couple videos to prove it. This is the only multiplayer game I have problems with… So I guess it’s back to ESO or Battlefield.
>
>
> prove the proof plz

The way the servers are designed and run is not a secret… You can also look at my videos yourself.

> 2533274835617144;1:
> 343 really needs to fix this travesty of a multiplayer game. The servers are the worst designed, implemented, and maintained piles of garbage compared to any other major player in the FPS gaming world. It shouldn’t be a crapshoot if I’m going to be connected anywhere in my region for a good connection.
>
> I could be connecting via somewhere in Japan for all I know, and I have a couple videos to prove it. This is the only multiplayer game I have problems with… So I guess it’s back to ESO or Battlefield.

Are you a US player?

Yes, I am a US (west coast) user. The game worked fine for a while today, then my last two games started disconnecting me… again. Its frustrating to play when I never know if 343 is connecting me to my US region or somewhere in Europe. Magically I hop on Battlefield after my second Halo disconnect in a row, and I experience zero lag in that game. Only the Halo servers give me this issue… I never quit a game.

So do I keep trying to play when the servers disconnect me? Play until it starts banning me like yesterday? I’ve been playing halo since we LAN’d our original xboxes together in college when it first came out… this is by far the worst gaming experience ever produced under the Halo franchise.

The people on this forum who actually defend the servers need to pull their heads out of their -Yoinks!-. They are garbage and have been for a while now. I had no issues a month or two ago when the regions were locked… nowadays, almost every game is a lag fest with sudden lag spikes and players jumping all over the -Yoinking!- map when you shoot at them. 343 get your -Yoink- together, seriously. Then you wonder why your player base is dying out.

yep i having issues right now as i type, not sure if its server or just a poor code in the game.

I can pay multiplayer but cant earn any req points and my level stays at 1. If they are going to off things for sale in this game they need to get it together. Every time I play a match and don’t earn req points its like im not getting payed. I cant also see the end of match stats

> 2533274835617144;5:
> Yes, I am a US (west coast) user. The game worked fine for a while today, then my last two games started disconnecting me… again. Its frustrating to play when I never know if 343 is connecting me to my US region or somewhere in Europe. Magically I hop on Battlefield after my second Halo disconnect in a row, and I experience zero lag in that game. Only the Halo servers give me this issue… I never quit a game.
>
> So do I keep trying to play when the servers disconnect me? Play until it starts banning me like yesterday? I’ve been playing halo since we LAN’d our original xboxes together in college when it first came out… this is by far the worst gaming experience ever produced under the Halo franchise.

Im with you! Im a US player and this is by far the worst gaming experience ive ever had! P2P was better then this crap! This slowly got worse and worse as the weeks have gone by. H5 has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel…

Surely if this is impacting US players (which I blindly assume make up the majority of players) surely they will have to do something fast.
I know everyone wants more content but I would prefer a stable online experience first.
I can imagine players like me in AUS being ignored due to the population size, but if the US players start going I can’t see a future for H5.

> 2533274851539685;6:
> The people on this forum who actually defend the servers need to pull their heads out of their -Yoinks!-. They are garbage and have been for a while now. I had no issues a month or two ago when the regions were locked… nowadays, almost every game is a lag fest with sudden lag spikes and players jumping all over the -Yoinking!- map when you shoot at them. 343 get your -Yoink- together, seriously. Then you wonder why your player base is dying out.

As long as they don’t activate the region lock again. Locking out a huge portion of their fan base is just wrong!
I hope they fix the server issues for everyone… but DO NOT lock it again. That would be a total disrespect for any player that lives outside of Europe and North America that are finally able to play Warzone, BTB and any other mode that they couldn’t before and kept asking for it for so long.

> 2535459639415976;9:
> Surely if this is impacting US players (which I blindly assume make up the majority of players) surely they will have to do something fast.
> I know everyone wants more content but I would prefer a stable online experience first.
> I can imagine players like me in AUS being ignored due to the population size, but if the US players start going I can’t see a future for H5.

Im a US player and I have seen the game deteriorate severely over this past week. So much so I quit playing any arena games. And WZ was a nightmare tonight. So im just going to sit back and wait before I play more. I mean we have to enjoy it to play it. Im just not sure what to think anymore. I totally agree with you on a stable online experience should be first priority. But it doesn’t seem to be 343 approach. And make no mistake I want this fair for everyone! I feel bad for Aussie players and really for anyone outside of the US. You guys have really been more then flexible… But has Halo gotten that bad?? I mean I would be embarrassed to have this out like this. :-/

> 2533274795501334;11:
> > 2535459639415976;9:
> > Surely if this is impacting US players (which I blindly assume make up the majority of players) surely they will have to do something fast.
> > I know everyone wants more content but I would prefer a stable online experience first.
> > I can imagine players like me in AUS being ignored due to the population size, but if the US players start going I can’t see a future for H5.
>
>
> Im a US player and I have seen the game deteriorate severely over this past week. So much so I quit playing any arena games. And WZ was a nightmare tonight. So im just going to sit back and wait before I play more. I mean we have to enjoy it to play it. Im just not sure what to think anymore. I totally agree with you on a stable online experience should be first priority. But it doesn’t seem to be 343 approach. And make no mistake I want this fair for everyone! I feel bad for Aussie players and really for anyone outside of the US. You guys have really been more then flexible… But has Halo gotten that bad?? I mean I would be embarrassed to have this out like this. :-/

I am a US player. Its obvious 343 doesn’t care about their fanbase the same way that Bungie did, but at least they could provide a decent gaming experience. They were heck bent on making it 60fps taking away split screen… but I decided to try and give it a chance. They had major launch issues, but I again stayed with it to give it a chance. Here we are this far out from launch, and their servers are still hit and miss as to if I will be able to finish a game or get disconnected from their server. ESO and Battlefield 3 have zero multiplayer issues in online gaming, and I get 80MB for internet speed… its not my end.

Go look at my profile… ever single DNF in my ENTIRE history is a server disconnect. I don’t quit games. That doesn’t even include the MANY times the game is so laggy that my stats suffer, but somehow I didn’t DNF. Its a rarity to play a straight forward game with no lag in Halo 5.

I’m from Australia and while I have gripes with the lack of region lock (namely the increased latency we must all now endure) I haven’t been disconnected from a single game for weeks… But that’s just my experience.

> 2533274835617144;12:
> > 2533274795501334;11:
> > > 2535459639415976;9:
> > > Surely if this is impacting US players (which I blindly assume make up the majority of players) surely they will have to do something fast.
> > > I know everyone wants more content but I would prefer a stable online experience first.
> > > I can imagine players like me in AUS being ignored due to the population size, but if the US players start going I can’t see a future for H5.
> >
> >
> > Im a US player and I have seen the game deteriorate severely over this past week. So much so I quit playing any arena games. And WZ was a nightmare tonight. So im just going to sit back and wait before I play more. I mean we have to enjoy it to play it. Im just not sure what to think anymore. I totally agree with you on a stable online experience should be first priority. But it doesn’t seem to be 343 approach. And make no mistake I want this fair for everyone! I feel bad for Aussie players and really for anyone outside of the US. You guys have really been more then flexible… But has Halo gotten that bad?? I mean I would be embarrassed to have this out like this. :-/
>
>
> I am a US player. Its obvious 343 doesn’t care about their fanbase the same way that Bungie did, but at least they could provide a decent gaming experience. They were heck bent on making it 60fps taking away split screen… but I decided to try and give it a chance. They had major launch issues, but I again stayed with it to give it a chance. Here we are this far out from launch, and their servers are still hit and miss as to if I will be able to finish a game or get disconnected from their server. ESO and Battlefield 3 have zero multiplayer issues in online gaming, and I get 80MB for internet speed… its not my end.
>
> Go look at my profile… ever single DNF in my ENTIRE history is a server disconnect. I don’t quit games. That doesn’t even include the MANY times the game is so laggy that my stats suffer, but somehow I didn’t DNF. Its a rarity to play a straight forward game with no lag in Halo 5.

Where are you at in the US? I hope 343 cares but it gets very hard to understand why we are this far out from launch and having major issues like this. Gameplay should be top priority… Yet I feel its been put on the back burner so to speak. I had a total of 6 techs come out to my house to make sure everything was fine on my end. They even monitored my connection for two weeks. They went through my whole house and then had two line techs check things out on the line all the way down my street. Everything checked out fine.So I now know for sure its not my ISP… I honestly feel bad that I put my ISP through all this when in turn it was on 343/ Microsofts end… Horrible to say the least…

> 2533274848239848;13:
> I’m from Australia and while I have gripes with the lack of region lock (namely the increased latency we must all now endure) I haven’t been disconnected from a single game for weeks… But that’s just my experience.

What part of Australia are you from? I remembering play other Halo games on the 360 when I was in Sydney and never remembered having issues like this.

yea disconnects are the worst. i very rarely quit, but i get dropped from matches all the time. on weekends during normal daylight hours i cant even get a match at all without disconnecting in the first 30 seconds

> 2533274848239848;13:
> I’m from Australia and while I have gripes with the lack of region lock (namely the increased latency we must all now endure) I haven’t been disconnected from a single game for weeks… But that’s just my experience.

I would be considered US West Coast where I live. The connection is definitely spotty, with high latency to Halo 5 servers. You never know what the connection will be like though… I can go a whole weekend just fine, or go a whole week not being able to finish but a few games. Look at my history, all DNF’s are this issue. I don’t quit.

MedicV If your on the west coast area you must be fairly close to a sever not? Im in Minnesota and im connecting in South America or somewhere there about. Very horrible latency. Im just trying to figure out why im connecting all the way down there?

At first I was having great connections and never got booted out of any games. Now I have been getting booted multiple times a session. Like 2-3 times a session I usually just play an hour or two

> 2533274795501334;18:
> MedicV If your on the west coast area you must be fairly close to a sever not? Im in Minnesota and im connecting in South America or somewhere there about. Very horrible latency. Im just trying to figure out why im connecting all the way down there?

How do you find out where you are connecting?