Halo 5 Scorpion vs Halo Reach Scorpion

Me and my crew perfect an outstanding comparison between the Halo Reach Scorpian and the Halo 5 scorpion. The results may surprise you, or even shock you (I certainly was).

I’ll give 1 score for each important detail. Let’s begin.

Speed

Reach scorpions are significantly faster at moving compared to the Halo 5 scorpion. We tested the results, and the Reach tank is able to outrun an unlimited sprinting Spartan, on unlevelled ground, no worries!!!

Halo 5 scorpion is the exact same speed as a sprinting Spartan only on level ground. Even more shocking, is the Halo 5 scorpion actually decreases it’s speed whilst moving uphill, extremely unlike the Reach scorpion which remains the same speed at any ground level, up hill or down hill.

Alternately, the Halo 5 scorpion can outrun a sprinting Spartan IF going down hill. The 5 scorpion only increases its speed whilst going down hill, contrary to its inability to move fast uphill.

Reload time

Amazingly, the Halo Reach scorpion is able to fire and reload it’s shells, 4x faster than its Halo 5 counterpart. The Reach scorpion is able to fire 5 shells in just a few seconds, which consumes the exact same amount of time it takes the Halo 5 scorpion to fire its third. The Reach scorpion is significantly much more faster at shooting its opponents than the Halo 5 scorpion, I promise you you will get more kills in Reach.

Accuracy

This is a no brainer. Halo Reache’s scorpions are the most extremely accurate tanks in the entire series so far. They were able to shoot long distance targets using an accurate HUD, without any recoil!

Halo 5’s scorpion, not only is slower at shooting and moving than it’s Reach counterpart brother, but is also much less accurate too. It’s aiming is unable to shoot targets at long distances as precisely as the Reach scorpion.

Armour

This is 1 of only 2 great things about Halo 5: Guardian’s Scorpion tanks. It has much tougher armour than any tank in the series, able to withstand much more damage. It requires 4 rocket launcher rockets to blow up while Reach only needs 2 to blow up. Tanks vs Tank mode, the Halo 5 scorpion needs to be shot a minimum of 3 times before exploding, while in Reach, only 2, or just 1 from behind in the rear.

This may seem doubtful given how quickly you die in Warzone, but these results are true.

Self Defence

Everyone knows this by now, and you’ve probably tried it a million times in Warzone only to fail. The Halo 5 scorpion is unable to protect intself from being hijacked. There is no escape unless someone (rarely) shoots off the hijacker.

Normally you would be able to shoot off the hijacker by shooting a nearby wall or boulder to damage or kill the hijacker, something many players were capable of in all the Halo games. Not so for 5.

Appearance

Last but not least, the Halo 5 scorpion is cooler to look at. It looks like a tank. It’s a beast.

Scores:

Reach = 4
Halo 5 = 2

cool

I prefer Halo Reach Scorpion. Its the speed.

I always felt the Reach Scorpion was better

Anyone playing reach these days? I heard thre was 6000 at the moment. I thought over 4 million people bought the game, same with every other game in the series (except the first 3 which amount to 7 m and excluding Halo 5 which only has 1.5 m).

> 2535414369351666;5:
> Anyone playing reach these days? I heard thre was 6000 at the moment. I thought over 4 million people bought the game, same with every other game in the series (except the first 3 which amount to 7 m and excluding Halo 5 which only has 1.5 m).

I would but my 360 died. Not sure if Reach is on XBONE anyway, and if it were, I don’t see it.

I miss the good old days of Needle Rifles and Forge World :frowning:

Hah, this is pretty cool. You should do more of these! Maybe compare the Wraiths or Rocket Hogs?

yea ive noticed with halo 5 tank they’ve tried to make it more realistic giving the shells drop over distance, along with gravity pull slowing uphill and speed downhill. Im actually impressed with how well attuned some of these mechanics are.

> 2533274939018653;6:
> > 2535414369351666;5:
> > Anyone playing reach these days? I heard thre was 6000 at the moment. I thought over 4 million people bought the game, same with every other game in the series (except the first 3 which amount to 7 m and excluding Halo 5 which only has 1.5 m).
>
>
> I would but my 360 died. Not sure if Reach is on XBONE anyway, and if it were, I don’t see it.
>
> I miss the good old days of Needle Rifles and Forge World :frowning:

reach is backwards compatible

> 2533274939018653;6:
> > 2535414369351666;5:
> > Anyone playing reach these days? I heard thre was 6000 at the moment. I thought over 4 million people bought the game, same with every other game in the series (except the first 3 which amount to 7 m and excluding Halo 5 which only has 1.5 m).
>
>
> I would but my 360 died. Not sure if Reach is on XBONE anyway, and if it were, I don’t see it.
>

reach is backwards compatible

Yeah the reach one is better but I’m glad its not in h5, main reason would be the rof and speed, if it can outrun a player then basically as long as its moving it will never be hijacked unless you use cloak and camp which gives a disadvantage to anyone who doesn’t have an anti tank weapon and even at that if you have one youll be taken down really quick by the tanks rof and accuracy basically wasting it

> 2535414369351666;1:
> This is 1 of only 2 great things about Halo 5: Guardian’s Scorpion tanks. It has much tougher armour than any tank in the series, able to withstand much more damage. It requires 4 rocket launcher rockets to blow up while Reach only needs 2 to blow up. Tanks vs Tank mode, the Halo 5 scorpion needs to be shot a minimum of 3 times before exploding, while in Reach, only 2, or just 1 from behind in the rear.
>
> This may seem doubtful given how quickly you die in Warzone, but these results are true.

Just asking, did u test it out with the weak spot too? On H5 the tank has a weak spot on the back (the vent)

I had a tank once then someone blew it up

> 2535414369351666;5:
> Anyone playing reach these days? I heard thre was 6000 at the moment. I thought over 4 million people bought the game, same with every other game in the series (except the first 3 which amount to 7 m and excluding Halo 5 which only has 1.5 m).

People still play reach yes. 4 mill may have bought it but it doesn’t mean all 4 mill are still playing it. Games eventually wear out on people so not to suprised if reach isn’t near as big as it was on launch.

> 2533274922964546;8:
> yea ive noticed with halo 5 tank they’ve tried to make it more realistic giving the shells drop over distance, along with gravity pull slowing uphill and speed downhill. Im actually impressed with how well attuned some of these mechanics are.

I don’t see how that’s a particularly good thing. Year 2558 that should’ve been resolved centuries ago. I see why Reach was in lead with military

I think the Halo 5 Scorpion looks kinda like the Grizzly Tank from Halo wars, which is cool.

> 2535410755618980;3:
> I prefer Halo Reach Scorpion. Its the speed.

i prefer the Halo 2 Scorpion. you get to shoot primary and secondary without a needed 2nd person on board.

Wow impressive that you were able to collect all that data with Halo Reach running so terribly on the Xbox one. Jokes aside I’ve always felt the Halo 5 scorpion was underwhelming and I’m glad someone has come up with a way to prove it.

> 2533274939018653;6:
> > 2535414369351666;5:
>
>
>

Reach is backwards compatible now.

To OP-

Accuracy doesn’t matter. I’ve been in a number of games where the Halo 5 Scorpion was a few feet off of it’s shot and the shell killed me before it even hit anything. On Reach, that just doesn’t happen.

So 3:3. Not to mention I’ve had a few games in Halo 3 and Reach where my tank shells explode on the enemy, but he walks away unharmed. I can’t say it was lag when my internet is working fine and the problem only occurs while in a Scorpion tank.

Halo 2 tank beats all, imo. Reach is a close second though.

grizzly beats everything