Halo 5 reviews: What happened? and suggestions...

so the halo 5 userscore is lower everyday. I think its safe to say as far as the fanbase is concerned halo 5 is a letdown. I think halo 5 fell victim of its own hype I hope that with halo 6 microsoft and 343 have learned thier lesson as for myself Im working on a review Ill have it out whenever I get some time to myself but lemme know what you would want in halo as for myself I not only want to be able to play as elites but I want a social playlist where you can play as grunts brutes hunters promethian soldiers and knights make it a warzone type thing where through the merit of your kills you can respawn as a hunter or have grunts with more interesting elaborate armor ALSO bring back the halo 2 anniversary aesthetics just my thoughts…

There are a lot of glaring issues with the game that the ‘hardcore’ ‘fans’ don’t want to believe. It’s a real shame how big of a letdown this game was overall.

Probably just a bunch of Sony fans giving Halo 5 a low review score. And no this game is not a letdown.

If you’re referencing the metacritic user score, it’s isn’t worth anything. That site is pre-dominantly Playstation and PC, and these days anyone can make alternate accounts to spam downvotes. The Xbox score on the marketplace has 15x the ratings at 4 and a half stars and has the benefit of at least requiring an Xbox to rate.

-Short campaign for a Halo title
-Major lack of Chief, essentially no characterisation of Blue Team.
-Tons of missed potential with the whole “Hunt the Truth” aspect of the game, felt less like I was hunting Chief but more that I was trying to contact him.
-Poor pacing of the story when compared to Halo 4 and previous Halos.
-Somewhat subpar textures.

To me, the worst campaign yet story-wise, incredible level design at times but some weaker levels, shorter overall length and lack of Chief marred an otherwise good campaign.
The currently messed up deadzones probably didnt help either when reviewers were reviewing the MP. MP has tons of potential though and guns are very well balanced.

You can definitely tell that the focus of this iteration was on multiplayer, which many agree was successful. However, because of this, campaign suffered slightly. All they have to do with the next game is build on this aspect and they will be fine. Make Halo 6 the most over the top Halo yet!

> 2533274796617122;5:
> -Short campaign for a Halo title
> -Major lack of Chief, essentially no characterisation of Blue Team.
> -Tons of missed potential with the whole “Hunt the Truth” aspect of the game, felt less like I was hunting Chief but more that I was trying to contact him.
> -Poor pacing of the story when compared to Halo 4 and previous Halos.
> -Somewhat subpar textures.
>
> To me, the worst campaign yet story-wise, incredible level design at times but some weaker levels, shorter overall length and lack of Chief marred an otherwise good campaign.
> The currently messed up deadzones probably didnt help either when reviewers were reviewing the MP. MP has tons of potential though and guns are very well balanced.

I agree with most of your points, furthermore the missed potential for epic boss battles like fighting Jul’ or chief OR A GUARDIAN FFS
I dunno I get the impression that halo 5’s campaign was rushed… and that 343 was so focused on getting right what theyd gotten wrong in the past that they kinda forgot the things they did right. I DID enjoy the campaign but not for the story… for the lore and the added depth to the halo universe and it feels way too much like a in-between halo campaign definitley not the weakest imho cought 3 cough chough but definitley down there. I will say this the game plays AMAZING. but yeah I can def see where people come from when they critisize the game