Halo 5 reminds me of MW2

This is gonna be fun.
So, here’s some of my gaming history: There have been two games that I have ever been addicted to. The other was Halo: CE and the other was MW2. I was talking to a friend of mine about how much fun we had playing MW2 back in the day. But back then, no-one was calling it a good game. We hated it. I just couldn’t bring myself to quit. I was addicted to the killstreaks and the numbers on my monitor. I camped. I used the SCAR-H with heart-beat sensor and silencer. I used the AA-12 full-auto shotgun, with steady aim, silencer and extended mag. I used claymores. And I was so good at camping, you couldn’t beat me. How are you gonna get at me, if I have a field of claymores, a heart-beat sensor and a full-auto shotgun with steady-aim?
Now I realise that it was a kind of a balance. In MW2 everything was OP. People used to get mad at everything. The UAV, AA-12, RPD, heart-beat sensors, ghost, claymores, tactical knife, noobtubes, one man army, FAMAS, UMP, the killstreaks. Everything was OP, so it was fair and it was kind of a balance. I feel the same way about H5. Everything in the game is easy to do. Weapons like the pistol, Dmr, Br and sniper aren’t hard. The weapons like Ar, Smg and storm-rifle are all easy. And the Spartan abilities are all easy to use. I was watching some pro leugue gameplay and the players weren’t doing anything I wasn’t.
Take a look ay CE. Everything in that game is hard. Pistol, sniper, shotgun, all the niche weapons, nade jumps, nading power weapons, nading power ups, I could go on forever. I just don’t have the energy to go through the CE spawn system, all the map spesific stuff and all the glitches like double melees and quick camo. Go look it up. Like remember no melee lunge and jump delay? So I would argue that the sandboxes(whatever that means) of H5 and MW2 are very similar. Did I make sense? What do you think?
Thank you for your time.

I guess it’s very similar by seeing your experience.

I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.

EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most of Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone that runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.

> 2533274939961451;3:
> I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
>
> EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.

They should add some claymores and AA-12s to Warzone. It would be so much fun to camp im that.

I mean the pistol and the sniper both used projectiles with very little bullet magnetism, which makes them a lot harder than they are in H5. I guess the shotgun wasn’t hard, but you had to get close to the enemy without radar. And I know that every weapon has it’s purpose in the game, but now that we have radar, aren’t the casters, automatics and railguns OP to you?

> 2533274939961451;3:
> I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
>
> EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.

That’s how its always been, ever since CE. Even there, weapons had use and balance.

> 2533274907200114;5:
> > 2533274939961451;3:
> > I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
> >
> > EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.
>
>
> That’s how its always been, ever since CE. Even there, weapons had use and balance.

Remembers his time in Halo CE for PC and the only weapons ever used was the Sniper, shotgun, Magnum, the random rocket, and nothing else

90% of the weapons in Halo CE had zero use in that game when it came to Multiplayer or Legendary Campaign.

And I have to say the Halo CE shotgun was the best in the series for I had killing range at 25m

In fact Bungie has always been horrible when it comes to weapon balance. From Marathon, to ONI, to Halo, and finally Destiny. Bungie just can’t seem to figure out a proper balance.

Halo 5 has to be the shooter I played where every weapon has a use and purpose. Where people actually step out their norm to pick up a weapon they are not used to for it would give them a edge in a certain fight.

For all the hate 343I gets, I have to give them credit for achieving something that 99% of shooters fail to do.

> 2533274803137071;6:
> > 2533274907200114;5:
> > > 2533274939961451;3:
> > > I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
> > >
> > > EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.
> >
> >
> > That’s how its always been, ever since CE. Even there, weapons had use and balance.
>
>
> Remembers his time in Halo CE for PC and the only weapons ever used was the Sniper, shotgun, Magnum, the random rocket, and nothing else
>
> 90% of the weapons in Halo CE had zero use in that game when it came to Multiplayer or Legendary Campaign.
>
> And I have to say the Halo CE shotgun was the best in the series for I had killing range at 25m
>
> In fact Bungie has always been horrible when it comes to weapon balance. From Marathon, to ONI, to Halo, and finally Destiny. Bungie just can’t seem to figure out a proper balance.
>
> Halo 5 has to be the shooter I played where every weapon has a use and purpose. Where people actually step out their norm to pick up a weapon they are not used to for it would give them a edge in a certain fight.
>
> For all the hate 343I gets, I have to give them credit for achieving something that 99% of shooters fail to do.

Legendary doesn’t really count…and TBH I never felt like most of the weapons were useless. Then again Multiplayer on CE was heavily limited because of the non-existence of Live. So I guess a lack of data there could be an issue…

But you do bring up a point, in Bungie’s Halo’s the Assault Rifle was practically useless, the first gun you threw away for something better. In 4 and 5 it can actually hold its own. The Magnum was useless from 2 to Reach as well.

Danger Close/One Man Army/Noob Tube was the worst thing to ever happen to a video game. Nothing in H5 is anywhere near that broken.

> 2533274907200114;7:
> > 2533274803137071;6:
> > > 2533274907200114;5:
> > > > 2533274939961451;3:
> > > > I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
> > > >
> > > > EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.
>
>
> Legendary doesn’t really count…and TBH I never felt like most of the weapons were useless. Then again Multiplayer on CE was heavily limited because of the non-existence of Live. So I guess a lack of data there could be an issue…
>
> But you do bring up a point, in Bungie’s Halo’s the Assault Rifle was practically useless, the first gun you threw away for something better. In 4 and 5 it can actually hold its own. The Magnum was useless from 2 to Reach as well.

Halo CE has plenty of Multiplayer data. It’s been alive on PC for almost 14 years now, and now almost 2 years on Halo MCC on Xbox live. So it’s all there. Everything fails when matched against the Magnum. Even good players can outsnipe snipers with it.

People love blood gulch because of how massive it is and the freedom it allowed for vehicles. But it’s literally unplayable when you have a 8v8 going on in it because of the Magnum.

It’s one reason you could never get a good game on it of MCC. After the 3rd failed warthog rush to capture the flag gets stomped to the ground without effort, you kinda lose steam to play.

I don’t remember CE being difficult when it came to the sniper rifle the best I ever was, was in CE. I used to be able to no scope close range very easily like I’ve seen some high level players do in halo 5 but I can’t do it in halo 5.

The only thing I could never use in CE was the shotgun but in halo 5 I’m better at close quarters than any thing else.

Honestly Halo 2 is like my MW2. Both are very similar. Glitches up the bum. Modding up the bum. Super casual gameplay. And much more.

> 2535429702231966;11:
> Honestly Halo 2 is like my MW2. Both are very similar. Glitches up the bum. Modding up the bum. Super casual gameplay. And much more.

Remember the double-shot controllers?

> 2533274859655334;8:
> Danger Close/One Man Army/Noob Tube was the worst thing to ever happen to a video game. Nothing in H5 is anywhere near that broken.

Yeah, I’ll never say that H5 was that bad. Remember how infinite noob tube ammo was suppose to balance camping?

> 2533274943854776;12:
> > 2535429702231966;11:
> > Honestly Halo 2 is like my MW2. Both are very similar. Glitches up the bum. Modding up the bum. Super casual gameplay. And much more.
>
>
> Remember the double-shot controllers?

Yes and also the jitter mods for MW2.

> 2533274943854776;13:
> > 2533274859655334;8:
> > Danger Close/One Man Army/Noob Tube was the worst thing to ever happen to a video game. Nothing in H5 is anywhere near that broken.
>
>
> Yeah, I’ll never say that H5 was that bad. Remember how infinite noob tube ammo was suppose to balance camping?

We all know how that turned out lol. I never thought the camping was all that bad in MW2, at least not compared to some other CoD games I’ve played. If anything I had the opposite problem, it was the Marathon/Lightweight/Commando pistol knife people that drove me crazy. Come running out of nowhere and one hit knife lunge me from insane distance.

> 2533274962122285;10:
> I don’t remember CE being difficult when it came to the sniper rifle the best I ever was, was in CE. I used to be able to no scope close range very easily like I’ve seen some high level players do in halo 5 but I can’t do it in halo 5.
>
> The only thing I could never use in CE was the shotgun but in halo 5 I’m better at close quarters than any thing else.

Really? In CE I could hit anything with the sniper that wasn’t fighting me/strafeing. Surely you’ll agree that the magnetism on the H5 sniper is way too high. Right? The shotgun in CE is actually a lot more powerful, but there was no radar.

> 2533274943854776;16:
> > 2533274962122285;10:
> > I don’t remember CE being difficult when it came to the sniper rifle the best I ever was, was in CE. I used to be able to no scope close range very easily like I’ve seen some high level players do in halo 5 but I can’t do it in halo 5.
> >
> > The only thing I could never use in CE was the shotgun but in halo 5 I’m better at close quarters than any thing else.
>
>
> Really? In CE I could hit anything with the sniper that wasn’t fighting me/strafeing. Surely you’ll agree that the magnetism on the H5 sniper is way too high. Right? The shotgun in CE is actually a lot more powerful, but there was no radar.

I think the sniper rifle is harder to use than it ever was though i think what should really be happening to balance things is if a player has a good internet connection they get less magnetism than some one who’s internet isn’t as good or realistically they are too far away from the servers than that they have bad internet. Bad connection doesn’t mean bad internet.

I have a hard time taking competitive seriously since I live in the UK and I’m thinking what’s the point. All the US and near by players are going to dominate.

> 2533274803137071;6:
> > 2533274907200114;5:
> > > 2533274939961451;3:
> > > I hate getting One-Man-Army noob-tubed in Warzone.
> > >
> > > EDIT: All jokes aside, I can kinda see what you mean. But I have to say that the Magnum, Sniper, and Shotgun in CE was not hard to use. The Magnum is so good that it’s a Mythic in Warzone, the Sniper didn’t really change, and same with the Shotgun. Most off Halo 5’s weapons are hard to use at first. The Storm Rifle isn’t your usual spray and pray. You have to burst fire. The Hydra is an ambush weapon and useful for getting someone runs away. The Plasma Caster is to clear out rooms and hallways. Automatics are close to medium range. Precision is medium to long range. Every gun has its own purpose and a counter.
> >
> >
> > That’s how its always been, ever since CE. Even there, weapons had use and balance.
>
>
> Remembers his time in Halo CE for PC and the only weapons ever used was the Sniper, shotgun, Magnum, the random rocket, and nothing else
>
> 90% of the weapons in Halo CE had zero use in that game when it came to Multiplayer or Legendary Campaign.
>
> And I have to say the Halo CE shotgun was the best in the series for I had killing range at 25m
>
> In fact Bungie has always been horrible when it comes to weapon balance. From Marathon, to ONI, to Halo, and finally Destiny. Bungie just can’t seem to figure out a proper balance.
>
> Halo 5 has to be the shooter I played where every weapon has a use and purpose. Where people actually step out their norm to pick up a weapon they are not used to for it would give them a edge in a certain fight.
>
> For all the hate 343I gets, I have to give them credit for achieving something that 99% of shooters fail to do.

I agree that Bungie sucks at weapon balancing, but I will argue that CE was almost perfect. Are you forgetting that the other weapons were needed for quick camo? So on a map like Damnation the quick camo weapons were critical. And they all worked uniquely.

I agree that the shotgun was super effective, but I think it was balanced in that there was no radar and a great player with pistol could counter Brutus rushing with his 4-shot shotgun.

I do use all the weapons in CE except the needler.

I agree that it is rare for a game to have as good weapon balance as H5. But the original reason for this thread was to argue that it isn’t a good thing, if the sandbox isn’t optimised for competitive play.

> 2533274962122285;17:
> > 2533274943854776;16:
> > > 2533274962122285;10:
> > > I don’t remember CE being difficult when it came to the sniper rifle the best I ever was, was in CE. I used to be able to no scope close range very easily like I’ve seen some high level players do in halo 5 but I can’t do it in halo 5.
> > >
> > > The only thing I could never use in CE was the shotgun but in halo 5 I’m better at close quarters than any thing else.
> >
> >
> > Really? In CE I could hit anything with the sniper that wasn’t fighting me/strafeing. Surely you’ll agree that the magnetism on the H5 sniper is way too high. Right? The shotgun in CE is actually a lot more powerful, but there was no radar.
>
>
> I think the sniper rifle is harder to use than it ever was though i think what should really be happening to balance things is if a player has a good internet connection they get less magnetism than some one who’s internet isn’t as good or realistically they are too far away from the servers than that they have bad internet. Bad connection doesn’t mean bad internet.
>
> I have a hard time taking competitive seriously since I live in the UK and I’m thinking what’s the point. All the US and near by players are going to dominate.

I understand. I live in Europe as well.

I can kinda see that