Halo 5 Reasonable Forge Wishlist

I’m going to be updating this thread to add in what the community would like as well. So if you have any other ideas, just comment them and I’ll do my best to add them. Try to be reasonable. I’m sure everyone can agree that no matter how much we may want them, things like Scarabs will not be usable in forge. Anyway, here’s my list:

1. Custom terrain sheets (snow, sand, rainy/wet, grassy, dirt, etc…
  2. Custom pallets like a covenant themed pallet, a human themed one, a forerunner themed one, possibly a flood themed one, and more if possible.
  3. Forge DLC. Please don’t hold back content, but rather keep releasing new canvases and objects/textures. I would honestly pay for something like that.
  4. Forge world 2.0. I’m liking what I’ve seen so far of the forge world-like canvas from the beta, but I’m still hoping it will be bigger since Halo reach’s forge world came out 5 years ago and is on a really old system.
  5. More scenery pieces. I would love to be able to add destroyed block 1x1’s and 2x4’s, or blood splatters on the walls as well as dead bodies. Also more things like cars, destroyed cars, elevators, ladders, barrels, etc…

Anyway, that’s my list so far. Feel free to add more and I’ll put them below.

Peeks head into topic to see if it’s another “Forge is dead” joke, happy it isn’t

The biggest thing I would want in forge is a texture pack that allows forgers to change the way the objects look and add in the ability to put in NPCs. To make campaignesque missions more than firefight.

I approve of all your choices. The only thing i can think to add would be hardlight bridges.

I’m just saying this now, 343i please have the civilian warthog return in Halo 5. And make it so we can change the colors! Don’t get me wrong I love the golden warthog but it’d be awesome to see it in blue or green among other colors. I also hope we see scripting return, which I’m sure it. RTX will probably be the forge reveal seeing as they did that for Halo 4 while H2A’s was IGN First.

AI’s in forge, believe it or not, isn’t all that an unreasonable request.

If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.

The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.

All I want is a Time of day editor, Terrain editor And a simple color/texture editor

> 2533274795997033;5:
> AI’s in forge, believe it or not, isn’t all that an unreasonable request.
>
> If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.
>
> The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.

Finally, someone else who gets it.
If they gave us AI spawners with basic scripting and path objects we wouldn’t need Firefight ever again.

So many comments in other threads saying that AI in forge isn’t possible and they are all wrong.

Sure, all of the maps would have a much larger filesize and longer load times (think campaign load times), but it’s completely possible.

I think it would be good to have a blank map like Skyward and be able to change the background (skybox?). Like if at first we’re above a halo but we could change it to a city or space.

Add Pelicans and NPCs

Right now I would like to see is the ability to assign Health Points of vehicles. It would allow for some amazing and unique gametypes. Spawn a tank or warthog and set the HP to 500% of normal and then set it to not respawn. Objectives with twists like that would be fun.

> 2533274810001991;7:
> > 2533274795997033;5:
> > AI’s in forge, believe it or not, isn’t all that an unreasonable request.
> >
> > If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.
> >
> > The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.
>
>
> Finally, someone else who gets it.
> If they gave us AI spawners with basic scripting and path objects we wouldn’t need Firefight ever again.
>
> So many comments in other threads saying that AI in forge isn’t possible and they are all wrong.
>
> Sure, all of the maps would have a much larger filesize and longer load times (think campaign load times), but it’s completely possible.

A lot of those arguments were made with the Xbox 360 and it’s miniscule hard drive in mind. We Xbone now!

The sky is the limit! Just look at the size of all of these “day one updates”.

I think “We Xbone now!” sounded different in your head…

> 2533274795997033;5:
>
> If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.
>
> The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.

At the risk of being a killjoy, I wouldn’t be so sure that putting AI on custom maps is trivial. Halo CE/Halo 2 are over a decade old, and modern hardware obviously has no problem running them. Guardians, however, is a brand new engine running on an (arguably) unimpressive console, to the point 343 are struggling to make splitscreen work. Adding AI to Forge might be a few steps too far.

If Halo 5 can run campaign with multiple enemies on screen with two-way splitscreen then it should be able to load a Forge map with some AI tags.

Campaign maps have all of the AI, actors, weapons, scenery, objects and vehicles then all of the map spawning and despawning, heavily scripted events and cut-scenes to deal with.

Seriously, every time you jump down a legde/pass through a door that locks and you can’t go back, the campaign is despawning all of the unused instances behind you to clear up memory.

Forge maps are tiny in comparison and they clean up instances a lot more quickly.

I would exchange custom terrain sheets with standard terrain sheets as H2A and add customizable weather, it would be far better

More scripting objects like what we saw in Halo 2: Anniversary doesn’t seem unreasonable. It really adds to the possibilities for map makers. It opens doors for both competitive maps and ‘adventure’ maps, as well as machinimas. Animated/toggleable objects that I’d like to see are doors (both garage doors and normal sized ones), hardlight bridges, lights, and EMP emitters. I’d also like to see scenery objects like large cannons that fire (harmlessly, for effect only), forerunner towers that fire flares (like Valhalla/Ragnarok), and triggers that change map conditions like weather.

> 2533274795997033;5:
>
>

Somebody suggested having a path finder after you complete your map, this would build itself around the gravity of the map/ placement of the pieces to determine where the AI could walk and the paths it would avoid to keep death away.

Not too unreasonable considering this is what minecraft does when you create a map

I would like to see the ability to edit the time of day and weather. Time of day should be fairly simple, it would just be a skybox/lighting swap. I feel like weather could cause some lag, but I’m hoping the Xbone is powerful enough to handle a forge map with rain or snowfall.

> 2533274810001991;7:
> > 2533274795997033;5:
> > AI’s in forge, believe it or not, isn’t all that an unreasonable request.
> >
> > If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.
> >
> > The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.
>
>
> Finally, someone else who gets it.
> If they gave us AI spawners with basic scripting and path objects we wouldn’t need Firefight ever again.
>
> So many comments in other threads saying that AI in forge isn’t possible and they are all wrong.
>
> Sure, all of the maps would have a much larger filesize and longer load times (think campaign load times), but it’s completely possible.

Bump this up!

> 2659938529935551;19:
> > 2533274810001991;7:
> > > 2533274795997033;5:
> > > AI’s in forge, believe it or not, isn’t all that an unreasonable request.
> > >
> > > If you’ve ever messed around with Halo/Halo 2 on PC, it’s fairly simple to swap stuff around with them. Weapons, team index, etc.
> > >
> > > The only issue I can really foresee, from a developer perspective: Navigation. Most AI’s find their way through a series of invisible ‘nodes’ on the level with interconnecting pathways of different types. (for instance, a path might indicate to the AI they have to crouch to pass through a certain path, or jump, etc. AI on multiplayer maps was already visible in Halo 4, through Spartan Ops. Valhalla, anyone? This is easily fixable by A) Having AI path nodes you can place in forge, or B) having paths auto-generated using a nav mesh.
> >
> >
> > Finally, someone else who gets it.
> > If they gave us AI spawners with basic scripting and path objects we wouldn’t need Firefight ever again.
> >
> > So many comments in other threads saying that AI in forge isn’t possible and they are all wrong.
> >
> > Sure, all of the maps would have a much larger filesize and longer load times (think campaign load times), but it’s completely possible.
>
>
> Bump this up!

Also lets make sure it doesn’t get so lag glitchy please like it is in hmcc