Halo 5 Reaction Thread

Halo 5 is now available to the entirety of the public. Post your thoughts, opinions, and/or any other comments on the game here. Avoid spoilers using a spoiler tag. Thanks. See you on the battlefield!

it’s available, but I’m unavailable… sadness!

Not buying it for at least a week. Just out of principal

Picked up my limited edition today but cant play it till nov 1 due to it being a birthday present

Alot of folks are complaining about the graphics, maybe they were just over hyped, they’re fine, though not nearly as amazing as i expected, just kinda bleh, ok.
No mute all -.- hey i’m all for the concept of constructive team communication but we all know damn well 9 times out of 10 that’s not what chat is used for, i can not enjoy the experience with cringe worthy -Yoinks!- bleating on.
One thing destiny multiplayer now has over halo is the mercy rule, of the last 6 matches i played lost 5 and these weren’t exciting close battles, we were destroyed every time and you are stuck there because if you leave you will be punished for it.

No -Yoinking!- spilt screen to power their mediocre graphics. Worst -Yoinking!- decision they could make I actually kinda want my money back but I was the dumb -Yoink- that got the digital copy because I thought it was going to be legit. I’ve waited forever to be able to play halo with my chick and guess what? I’ll have to buy another -Yoinking!- xbox to do that. Just another way for microsuck to say “-Yoink- the customers, lets just keep making them buy more -Yoink-.” Beyond livid.

Looks like ill be sending this game back when I get it in the mail tomorrow…based off the feedback/info I’ve seen so far.

No split screen
MC is only in 3/15 missions
Crap graphics
Annd a multiplayer i wasn’t a fan of to begin with.

I bought this for campaign and it looks like even that might be crap…first they ruin multiplayer now they ruin campaign?

> 2533274853898555;6:
> No -Yoinking!- spilt screen to power their mediocre graphics. Worst -Yoinking!- decision they could make I actually kinda want my money back but I was the dumb -Yoink- that got the digital copy because I thought it was going to be legit. I’ve waited forever to be able to play halo with my chick and guess what? I’ll have to buy another -Yoinking!- xbox to do that. Just another way for microsuck to say “-Yoink- the customers, lets just keep making them buy more -Yoink-.” Beyond livid.

holy -Yoink- we’ve known for ages their wasn’t going to be split screen. Your own fault for buying it.

Maybe he couldn’t believe it. I’d find it hard to believe if they didn’t actually announce it directly.

And I laughed at the story.
GFX I don’t care about. What I do care about is artstyle.

Spartan IVs still look like cyborgs, Forerunner artstyle is much better than Halo 4(in the campaign at least, in MP maps it’s worse some times). Though there are still many thing I don’t agree with in the chosen Forerunner artstyle.

And don’t get me even started on Covenant. Weapons were fine though I don’t know how to feel about the FRG, but the vehicles were freaking bugs. I honestly can’t believe they approved of this. The maps aren’t so bad though.
What I do like is the Elite homeworld. They illustrated it almost perfectly IMO.

Anything else? Ah, yes. Cortana’s looks are the worst since H1.

What I see here is not a lack of talent, more like a waste of talent.

I am not even gonna start on the gameplay as that debate already happened many many times.

And the lack of Forge, limited maps and gametypes in MM allong with my personal opinion on the gameplay. If Halo 6 is like this then I guess Halo will close in my book.

Enjoying this more now on Sanghelios level. Hopefully combat pace is more like this with remaining missions

I’ll like it no matter what. Call me biased, but i can’t remember the last time I haven’t been satisfied with ANY game.

I’ll phrase it in one way. I want a refund.
It plays like crap. I’ve played for 30 minutes and I really have no desire to play it again. Its the gun handling I think. The sounds are meh, there’s no recoil, they feel weak and under-powered. They just do not have that “feel” that makes the game fun to play, and in a game where 95% of the game is shooting things, that is no good. When I fired the assault rifle for the first time, I think a small part of me died

Not buying it. I’d rather buy a Halo 3.5 at this point. 343 needs to listen to the Halo purists if Halo is to be successful like it was in the elder days.

Campaign is the worst in the series

Played a few games, I like what I am seeing overall. But the aim assist is just awful. Very disappointed that 343 is choosing to use a sensitivity drop for aim assist. The reticle gets so heavy once its near someone.

> 2610345319735860;15:
> Played a few games, I like what I am seeing overall. But the aim assist is just awful. Very disappointed that 343 is choosing to use a sensitivity drop for aim assist. The reticle gets so heavy once its near someone.

Can’t you turn all aim assists off?

This thread is funny because halo 5s mp is the best the series has ever seen so far. It’s fantastic. The campaign was really good. I don’t see why everyone is so upset with it. And there’s a reason chief only has 3 missions so it’s ok. Oh yea and the graphics… They r incredible. What did u think it was gonna look like a blockbuster film? Not all games r perfect. I hate the halo community cuz all these pple do is whine. Like honestly if u don’t like it then shut up cuz no one not even 343 cares anymore

Not my favorite Halo, but also no the worst.

I liked campaign and i enjoyed too much… but it really start to be awesome from the last 3 missions… is not my favorite but i liked very much the story so short…
I hope the next will be more long than this… :slight_smile:

People just need to calm down and really analyze this game. I thought Tomb Raider’s beginning was boring and stopped playing until I picked it up later and loved it. you can’t judge a game so fast. As a true Halo fan, I’ve read the books and watched all those show things they have, and it is not nearly as bad as everyone is saying. 343 put TONS of effort into making a beautiful, epic, and emotional game that is now one of my favorite games of all time. It’s gameplay is smooth, slick, well balanced, the map design is genius and fun and the replay value is great. The only downfall being the lack of split-screen, but we’ve all complained enough about that.