Halo 5 Ranks System Breakdown

All credit to Team BeyondEntertainmaint:

To start, you may have already noticed that a Skill Based ranking system has been confirmed for Halo 5: Guardians! Josh Holmes stated that Halo 5 will be introducing a Skill Based ranking system never before seen in the Halo franchise. CSR (Competitive Skill Ranks) will be a division based system where players are rated into seven tiers of skill level. It will be present not only in the full game, but also in the December Beta…(more on the link for the article)

I’D SUGGEST YOU GUYS READ IT BEFORE GIVING AN OPINION.

That system is awesome. I doubt I’ll get anywhere near the pro-divsion but it’ll be fun trying :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds very interesting, reminds me of SC 2’s ranking :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that I get to semi-pros ^^

I believe this is a very bad choice. A choice made because the person responsible did not have enough insight into Halo’s audience and simply went for what they thought would be best given modern gaming ranking styles.

In addition to armor abilities and sprint - both things introduced in Reach by Bungie and carried on in Halo 4 by 343i to almost unequivocal discontent from its audience (read: almost killing Halo - see population levels of those games relative to H2 and H3) we now have the introduction of a reach-like ranking system that literally 0 people preferred over 1-50.

On the plus side 7 tiers each with 3 sections may be close enough to allowing an ‘identifiable’ skill level like the 1-50 system did however it would seem that we could have the best of both worlds by having multiple tiers each with a 1-50 ranking system.

> 2533274840166174;4:
> Inside 343i: “Hey guys, in addition to armor abilities and sprint - both things introduced in Reach by Bungie leading to the downfall of Halo and then by us in Halo 4 when we almost killed Halo altogether - let’s add in the tier-based ranking system that literally 0 people preferred over 1-50.”
>
> I don’t even need people to respond to this but if the game goes to market as planned I GUARANTEE that 6 months after launch it will be a ghosttown and that competitive halo will be predominately MCC with a few Halo 5 tournies being cringeworthingly put forward with MS money to try to revive it.

Did you read the article ? Oh of course you did /sarcasm.

> 2533274848939889;5:
> > 2533274840166174;4:
> > Inside 343i: “Hey guys, in addition to armor abilities and sprint - both things introduced in Reach by Bungie leading to the downfall of Halo and then by us in Halo 4 when we almost killed Halo altogether - let’s add in the tier-based ranking system that literally 0 people preferred over 1-50.”
> >
> > I don’t even need people to respond to this but if the game goes to market as planned I GUARANTEE that 6 months after launch it will be a ghosttown and that competitive halo will be predominately MCC with a few Halo 5 tournies being cringeworthingly put forward with MS money to try to revive it.
>
>
>
> Did you read the article ? Oh of course you did /sarcasm.

Edited my post to be a little more productive. Please advise the basis on which you believe I did not read the article.

I think this thread should be a sticky. I think this is some info everyone should know about.

Hopefully they keep it simple.

I’m interested to see this in action. Could be really good.

Never been seen in a Halo franchise, huh? I’m very interested to see this come December.

Apparently he also designed the Starcraft 2 Division system. That’s instant credibility right there. From what I read in the article it looks like a pretty interesting system.

Its made by the same guy who did the starcraft system (Which LoL based theirs off). So it should be good. (The guy is called Josh Menke)