Halo 5 Rankings System

I for one am quite disappointed after learning that my ranking will not reflect my personal ranking, but the results of the team that I am on. This puts players that do not have a steady group of people to play with at a disadvantage. If 343 thought rankings worked that way, why not have a team rank/influence stat instead of jumping the gun and assuming that the player is any better/worse because of their team result? We have all had many a game where we proceed to blow the opposing team out of the water, only to lose the game due to dismal performances by teammates. So in what universe does this system ever reflect true personal skill?

On the opposing side: yes, for the most part, playing well will often lead to the victory of your squad. The system rewards teamwork, which has always been a cornerstone of the Halo multiplayer experience. Effective communication and teamplay is one of the largest reasons why I love Halo so much and this ranking system may prove to be the community boost that we needed to get people talking again like the good 'ole days of H2-H3. It could prove to be a self-cultivating system and make us all better.
Only time will tell.

I am open to discussion and would love to hear what you all think about the topic. Thank you for your time.

It’s a team game OP sorry but it shouldn’t matter how well you do as an individual even if searching solo you still join up with other to form a team. So personally I am happy with how the ranking system works. If you want to be based of your individual performance well the stats of each game are recorded to see if you care that much, or play FFA whereby you will be ranked based on just your performance as you are no longer part of a team.

This ranking system IMO should also help prevent stat padders to be honest in objective gametypes because the idea of the game is now as a team to win if you want to rank up and not camp outside of the hill whatever raking up kill just to boost your own stats.

A good player can pickup, carry and help a team in MM so I fully agree with the system being based off how the TEAM does. I don’t have too much of a problem playing as a solo and still winning games.

If that is a problem you are having you need to change up your playing style. It means you are a timid player that doesn’t like moving around the map or will simple hold the sniper rifle back at base really helping NO ONE push. The biggest problem I see with people that complain about bad teammates are those that are MUTE themselves. You can’t expect to be any type of leader / winner if you aren’t talking to your teammates. Yes, that means communicating EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING BACK IN RETURN. Trash talking your teammates is called being a poisonous player not helpful. Giving advice like, “stop dieing” isn’t helpful either.

Players all over are going to run into this rating system and think they should be higher but they really shouldn’t be.

Many of the players that reached ONYX in the BETA are in for a rude wakening when they get stuck in higher PLAT or lower Diamond. Then again, that is if this system works anyways because if it does, Gold V or Gold IV should be about the average.

selfbump

It should be a mixture of both because if you have team mates that are plain terrible, you should have personal skill to compensate.

> 2533274963027652;1:
> I for one am quite disappointed after learning that my ranking will not reflect my personal ranking, but the results of the team that I am on. This puts players that do not have a steady group of people to play with at a disadvantage. If 343 thought rankings worked that way, why not have a team rank/influence stat instead of jumping the gun and assuming that the player is any better/worse because of their team result? We have all had many a game where we proceed to blow the opposing team out of the water, only to lose the game due to dismal performances by teammates. So in what universe does this system ever reflect true personal skill?
>
> On the opposing side: yes, for the most part, playing well will often lead to the victory of your squad. The system rewards teamwork, which has always been a cornerstone of the Halo multiplayer experience. Effective communication and teamplay is one of the largest reasons why I love Halo so much and this ranking system may prove to be the community boost that we needed to get people talking again like the good 'ole days of H2-H3. It could prove to be a self-cultivating system and make us all better.
> Only time will tell.
>
> I am open to discussion and would love to hear what you all think about the topic. Thank you for your time.

its a team game, therefore it should be based on team performance.

Free for All should be based on your own performance, hence it being free for all.

> 2533274963027652;1:
> I for one am quite disappointed after learning that my ranking will not reflect my personal ranking, but the results of the team that I am on. This puts players that do not have a steady group of people to play with at a disadvantage. If 343 thought rankings worked that way, why not have a team rank/influence stat instead of jumping the gun and assuming that the player is any better/worse because of their team result? We have all had many a game where we proceed to blow the opposing team out of the water, only to lose the game due to dismal performances by teammates. So in what universe does this system ever reflect true personal skill?
>
> On the opposing side: yes, for the most part, playing well will often lead to the victory of your squad. The system rewards teamwork, which has always been a cornerstone of the Halo multiplayer experience. Effective communication and teamplay is one of the largest reasons why I love Halo so much and this ranking system may prove to be the community boost that we needed to get people talking again like the good 'ole days of H2-H3. It could prove to be a self-cultivating system and make us all better.
> Only time will tell.
>
> I am open to discussion and would love to hear what you all think about the topic. Thank you for your time.

Halo 2 will always be the greatest multiplayer ever made. Halo 5 SEEMS to be getting back to what Halo 2 was. I love it. This gives people the opportunity to go and play custom games and have fun until your group of key friends get on and you can play competitively.

Play lone wolves to show your individual skill OP.

i like that its team based…halo 2 had it right the whole time…sometimes you can go way negative in halo and be the reason your team wins…also someone could go positive because he ahd the power weapons but he is the reason your team loses since he over extended and handed over the power weapons to the other team. team based will lead to more team play and communication and less people hogging weapons. (i hate when someone picks up rockets and than goes and picks up sword even though i was right there ready to pick it up.) Eventually over the long run you will get to your rightful rank.

yes there will be games where you blow out the other team and still lose…but over the long run of thousands of games, you will get to ur true rank. Th top league of legends players are always at the top of the leaderboard season after season even though they queue solo and have to play with 4 randoms

FFA is all about individual skill and thats the only playlist that should be that way. Personal Skill ranking in team playlists is a recipe for disaster. People arguing over power weapons, everyone wanting to slay, no one wanting to support.

It is often advantageous to put shots into someone and then back down because your teammate is in a better position to finish and you can still hold the spot you locked down. When it’s individual rankings you will see people abandon set ups to chase kills far more often.

Playing as a team should be the sole reason why you win in arena, not because you got a good K/D. Especially in objective game modes.

The overall performance of a team is what matters all day long. If you as a individual perform amazing that’s just a bonus. Being on a winning team comes down to how well you perform in a group and this is exactly how ranking should be

I much prefer the team ranking system to be honest. I have been an avid cod player for most of my online days(not any more!), but this resulted in me becoming obsessed with individual stats and making sure i got my over 3.0 K/D.
Therefore, to achieve this, i would never play objective games honestly and the way they were intended to be played. I would stress and quit if my team were getting overrun and to a certain extent, it takes the fun out of the game.

However, with Halo, i love that if a objective game comes up in the rotation, i’m not afraid to sacrifice myself to push the objective. I almost have to give myself a little slap in the face to get out of the mindset of not wanting to die more than wanting to win.

It’s also nice that if you are having a bad game and things aren’t going for you, you can still feel some sense of reward(whether you deserved it or not!) if your team wins, rather than feeling like you’ve just wasted 10 minutes of your life that you’ll never get back!

As other poster have said, if you’re worried about your individual accolades, go for lone wolf :slight_smile:

I feel there may still be a bit to the ranking they have mentioned yet, because if a really good player is placed on a team of terrible players, and they lose to a very good team, that isn’t really all to fair for the good player to lose points

Will Halo 5’s ranking system have numbers as well as badges? or just Badges, which are in place of the numbers on MCC

I think my ranking should reflect team performance cause there’s a lot of games in which i kill 28-30 enemies but in my team there are 2 team mates that only kill 3-4 enemies, and later i lose the game and that is not good cause it doesn’t reflect in my rank.

I think this is a very smart decision. This will cause teams to communicate and work together, atleast I hope so.

While I do have the occasional “bad team” scenario wherein I’m doing really well(not just kills but playing the objective) but my team is, well, bad, it usually results in a tie for me. But like others have said, you join into a team and you win and lose as a team, if you don’t like it play FFA or find people you think are good to play with.

I’m very glad its win or lose. I had a great experience with the beta’s ranking system and eagerly await its return.

I’d rather see some of both. Maybe a team ranking and a personal ranking?

A win is a win and a loss is a loss, YES that’s how it should work.