Halo 5 ranking

Hello, it’s me RedDog1221
I wanna be honest with you guys here, Im a Diamond 6- Low Onyx slayer player.
I used my brothers account today and played the 10 placement matches with a full onyx team.
I won 9 out of the 10 games, got a positive K.D and 90% win percentage, and guess what I got.
I GOT SILVER 6!!!
I was expecting either diamond 6 or onyx but I got FRICKING SILVER 6!!!
HOWWWW???

Not to sure how it works buddy, but I’m just as curious. I’m not the best player, but last season I decided to have a bash at arena etc and got gold, pretty happy with that for a first timer. Although this season i played better yet got silver, obviously not to amused by this. But will keep practicing and hopefully become a pretty average player and maybe even touch onyx at some point :wink: .

it feels like the placement is waaaaay off, im usaly plat. but get placed in low gold

I get placed plat and I win half the matches. I don’t really understand it too well

Placements every season and matchmaking seem to be always suspect. No one seems to know the correct or complete formula for either calculations.

It would be good for 343i to be more specific about how placements at each season are done and matchmaking is done—would leave speculation and angst among the community out of the equation, so to speak. :wink:

I understand you. The process for rank is mystic

I think I read the highest placement one recieved after 10 first matches this month is gold 6. You have to work your way up to platinum and higher.

I don’t remember where I saw that, but this is the first season they are doing that if I am correct.

> 2533274807668053;7:
> I think I read the highest placement one recieved after 10 first matches this month is gold 6. You have to work your way up to platinum and higher.
>
> I don’t remember where I saw that, but this is the first season they are doing that if I am correct.

I placed plat 1 and my friend placed high plat, however I am also normally high diamond/onyx and run into the same issue as this other dude

Yeah I figured. I dropped from platnum down to gold, which erked me, so when I read that I felt better, but now I know I just dropped and 8 out of 10 games being 3/2 v 4 didn’t help, but still…

> 2535433207284822;1:
> Hello, it’s me RedDog1221
> I wanna be honest with you guys here, Im a Diamond 6- Low Onyx slayer player.
> I used my brothers account today and played the 10 placement matches with a full onyx team.
> I won 9 out of the 10 games, got a positive K.D and 90% win percentage, and guess what I got.
> I GOT SILVER 6!!!
> I was expecting either diamond 6 or onyx but I got FRICKING SILVER 6!!!
> HOWWWW???

You forgot to place a four-leaf clover under your xbox before playing, then pass a baby under a cow three times before your final match. That’s how the system works.

> 2533274807668053;7:
> I think I read the highest placement one recieved after 10 first matches this month is gold 6. You have to work your way up to platinum and higher.
>
> I don’t remember where I saw that, but this is the first season they are doing that if I am correct.

Err… no thats false dont know whr you saw that since i got placed in Plat4 FFA from placement matches
The system ranks by taking into account of how well you perform against other ppl with accordance of their ranks
Eg you do well against gold but suck against diamond so you would end up around high gold or low plat
They also take into account of your prev season ranks

> 2535433207284822;1:
> I used my brothers account today and played the 10 placement matches with a full onyx team.
> I won 9 out of the 10 games, got a positive K.D and 90% win percentage, and guess what I got.
> I GOT SILVER 6!!!
> HOWWWW???

You played with your brothers account who (let me guess) either hasn’t played Halo 5 or is really bad in it. If that’s the case then it’s a no-brainer for me at least. The game thinks those 3 onyxes in your team were trying to carry you to high rank. And the game prevents it. It doesn’t seem to matter that much of how you perform against higher ranked guys if you haven’t had previous ranks EVER or you’re bad. But to be honest if your brothers gamertag hadn’t played Halo 5 before, you must have had lower ranked opponents as well even though you had 3 onyxes in your team. (I’ve been champion in Breakout multiple times, and sometimes I use less experienced players like gold ranked guys to alter my opponents. I’m a champion, my friend is low onyx and my other friend is diamond and this last guy is gold. Opponents will be like 2 platinums and 2 diamonds, who are easy kills for me). So what, you and 3 onyxes were rekting some gold-platinum-diamond opponents? Why should you get a high rank? The game thinks you were carried, don’t really know how much the rank relies on K/D but it isn’t that much. Halo 5’s ranking system is all about WINS, who you WIN AGAINST and what are the players ranks in both teams. It’s not about winning 10/10 matches against gold players. It’s about winning against equally skilled players or slightly higher ones that matter for the rank. Having 3 onyx players and a first timer -Yoinks!- up the system when it tries to find opponents. It will most likely find too easy opponents which causes the small rank regardless of wins or K/D. You need to keep playing with the same profile and keep building your rank higher and higher to reach champion for example. You can’t just make a new profile and win 10 games against scrubs and get champion. Believe it, toaster head!

> 2535433207284822;1:
> I GOT SILVER 6!!!
> HOWWWW???

OP is right! I never played swat before, but I played it last season by myself to rank. I carried my teams and was typically always the best performing player in the game. The people I played their ranks gradually increased. I ended playing teams of diamonds, a few onyx, and a champ. I got ranked Gold YOINKING 5. My K/D was a solid 1.5. I also had a friend win every game of breakout with a 2.0 K/D and he got ranked Gold 5. We have screenshots of our stats post rank because we thought it was ridiculous.