Halo 5 ranking system

So i just got this game 3 days ago and in plat 1. Can some1 give me an idea what each rank means like bronze -noob

The ranks go up in order from bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, onyx and then from there your onyx score increases and if it reaches the top 200 threshold you’ll be given the champion rank.

> 2533274852715856;2:
> The ranks go up in order from bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, onyx and then from there your onyx score increases and if it reaches the top 200 threshold you’ll be given the champion rank.

Ik About that but i want to know if gold is full of bad players etc

The ranking system likes to mess up so there’s no real meaning behind you rank. There can be -Yoink- onyx players and great plats.

> 2533274900198864;3:
> > 2533274852715856;2:
> > The ranks go up in order from bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, onyx and then from there your onyx score increases and if it reaches the top 200 threshold you’ll be given the champion rank.
>
>
> Ik About that but i want to know if gold is full of bad players etc

That’s relative, to an onyx player gold level players won’t be as much of a challenge as what they are used to playing.
Here’s a collection of graphs that show the rank distribution of January’s season to give you a good idea of where the ‘average player’ sits among-st the ranking system, keep in mind it may be slightly different now as 343 are continuing to change the way the ranking system places players and advances their rank.

Halo 5 Rank Distribution

I don’t think the ranking works very well personally, and doesn’t really have a point to it, it’s like ranking to please people.
In Halo 3 the playlist rankings could determine your overall game rank.
In Halo 5, it doesn’t work very well and resets every month, and has no effect on anything, then you have a number rank randomly capping at SR -152

I just think it’s a bit silly it goes off how well your team does and not actually how good you do?
I could kill 50 in a match and only have 3 players on my team due to a quit, and the other team mates only get one kill, and the other team could have 55 kills (Slayer) and your rank will still go down. Seems dumb. You should get a ‘Holy crap you done well’ and get ranked up…but no

The ranking system is daft, confusing, and is just a ‘tick box’ to keep people who care about visible ranking happy in my opinion.

and with every reset i get lower ranks even though my stats are better than they were 5 months ago.
my main problem with it is even though it supposedly ‘resets’ every month, i come up against same ranks even if i win or lose during qualifiers…

for instance, i won first 4 breakout matches + a 2.0 KD for april placement, it never started giving me plats or diamonds, even though i was clearly deserved to, so by time placements were over, it gave me gold AGAIN. pretty much because the game didnt give me a chance at playing/defeating higher ranks.

Theres no point in the resets at all… As it isnt a ‘clean slate’ we all would love to think it is… my fiancee had the same problem, the game refuses to give her higher ranks even though shes clearly better than the opponents 8/10 matches.

Ranks don’t really mean anything