Halo 5 Rank and CSR question!

I am Onyx 1531 in Swat on H5 multiplayer in Arena

what exactly does that mean?

i’ve read around, and still cant really come to a complete conclusion of what that means.
i understand the levels, onyx is higher, above it is champion, but is there a # maximum?
what other details can I get to help me understand?

thanks!

Im not sure if you want the Onyx# to be high or low. But in Onyx they take the top 200 people (I think) and put them in a special division. You must be damn good.

> At the highest end of the ranking system, we have the Onyx and Champion ranks which behave slightly differently than the other ranks. Once you reach Onyx, you will be shown your raw CSR score. Winning no longer increases your tier – it instead increases your CSR score. This allows you to compare yourself with greater precision to other players within the Onyx rank. If you establish yourself as one of the top 200 players in a playlist, you will earn the highly coveted rank of Champion and be shown your place within the top 200.

lol im not bad

> 2533274862181038;3:
> > At the highest end of the ranking system, we have the Onyx and Champion ranks which behave slightly differently than the other ranks. Once you reach Onyx, you will be shown your raw CSR score. Winning no longer increases your tier – it instead increases your CSR score. This allows you to compare yourself with greater precision to other players within the Onyx rank. If you establish yourself as one of the top 200 players in a playlist, you will earn the highly coveted rank of Champion and be shown your place within the top 200.

still doesnt explain my number sir. i read that.

Showoff :stuck_out_tongue:

I interpret it to mean that since you are in Onyx and are ranked 1531, that wins will instead help you get into the top 200 of your onyx division. If you make it to the top 200, then you will receive a Champion rank. When you win a match does the 1531 number change?

hahah so all the info i have so far means its good… still dont know though what i means !!!

> 2533274793448489;8:
> hahah so all the info i have so far means its good… still dont know though what i means !!!

Based on the breakdowns I have seen for swat you are about 100 ELO points outside of the top 200.

This is an explanation of what ELO is. Elo rating system - Wikipedia

From the man who designed the system. Back in the beta, it was semi-pro (Onyx) and pro (Champion).

https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/532329525481177090

> 2533274862181038;10:
> From the man who designed the system. Back in the beta, it was semi-pro (Onyx) and pro (Champion).
>
> https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/532329525481177090

so 31 from the top f’in tier?

(:slight_smile:

i do love me some swat

> 2533274792108026;9:
> > 2533274793448489;8:
> > hahah so all the info i have so far means its good… still dont know though what i means !!!
>
>
> Based on the breakdowns I have seen for swat you are about 100 ELO points outside of the top 200.
>
> This is an explanation of what ELO is. Elo rating system - Wikipedia

like top 200 OF ALL PEOPLE?

am i wrong or …
?

yet to get answer! anybody?

Yes

Cool man, I just finished playing through ten games of swat and got onyx 1500 which really surprised me since i had a 1.0 for a few games. But i guess getting a 4.5 every now and then makes up for it? cheers!

so whats the 1531 mean ?

I’m also curious I got Onyx 1500 and every time I win it goes up? Currently Onyx 1575 after winning most games.

Okay, so basically, when you first get Onyx you get like, 1500 csr and by winning games you will increase that score (for example after winning it might go up to 1515)
After you get your csr score to the level of top 200 you get the Champion rank.

If someone overtakes your CSR score you drop from Champion Division too. That 1500ish is a representation of your skill level, the higher the number the better.

> 2533274832456029;19:
> That 1500ish is a representation of your skill level, the higher the number the better.

It’s like your power level in Dragon Ball Z.

Also, there is no maximum number.