Halo 5 Radar

Does anybody else feel as though the radar is virtually useless now? Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I didn’t see the forum. I believe it’s the range, colors, and abilities that make it useless. I think if player movement speed and vilifies increase so should the radar so that you can track one another making it more of a chess match rather than a twitch shooter.

Yes, it has been discussed before. But you are completely right. If I remember correctly, 343 had some silly rationale for nerfing it like “new players don’t use the motion tracker so let’s make it useless, then Halo 5 will be more friendly to new players”. Very bad decision, if you ask me.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> Yes, it has been discussed before. But you are completely right. If I remember correctly, 343 had some silly rationale for nerfing it like “new players don’t use the motion tracker so let’s make it useless, then Halo 5 will be more friendly to new players”. Very bad decision, if you ask me.

Do you have a source for that or remember where you heard it?

> 2533274854514269;3:
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> > Yes, it has been discussed before. But you are completely right. If I remember correctly, 343 had some silly rationale for nerfing it like “new players don’t use the motion tracker so let’s make it useless, then Halo 5 will be more friendly to new players”. Very bad decision, if you ask me.
>
>
> Do you have a source for that or remember where you heard it?

it should be in the news in halo Waypoint.

> 2533274854514269;3:
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> > Yes, it has been discussed before. But you are completely right. If I remember correctly, 343 had some silly rationale for nerfing it like “new players don’t use the motion tracker so let’s make it useless, then Halo 5 will be more friendly to new players”. Very bad decision, if you ask me.
>
>
> Do you have a source for that or remember where you heard it?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/strategy-substance-style-halo-5-advanced-tactics

I read the interview and completely disagree with them. Apparently it gives good players too much of an edge when they play-tested.

Highly skilled players will adapt to any changes rather quickly and it makes it quite difficult for the medium and lower level players to work it to their advantage meaning, this change simply widens the gap not the opposite.

Although, I’ve now gotten used to it, but my reflexes will never be as good as those higher skilled player. Old radar was perfect.

Thanks Nate.

Looks like it was reduced from 30 meters (Beta) down to 18 meters.

“Lesser skilled players never looked at it, the higher skilled players always looked at it, and the top level players did both.”

I feel like that’s the point of the motion tracker and that having/learning situational awareness is what makes a player good. Maybe 30 meters was too much and 343 was smart in reducing it in the spirit of fairness, But abilities such as thrust and sprint make it very easy for opponents to close that 18 meter gap too fast for the motion tracker to be of any use.

In the “spirit of fairness”…Okay. Everyone has access to the same tools. If you choose not to utilize said tools, that is on you. It isn’t a farfetched notion to glance at you’re radar if you can’t see someone directly in front of you.

I’m pretty sure the range has been ~30 meters in previous Halo games. A reduction to 25 meters would’ve been acceptable in Arena, because maps are smaller and it would give just enough time for a player aware of their radar to catch an opponent sprinting up behind them. But for Warzone, 18 meters is basically useless given how large everything is.

It is pretty useless. I don’t like the H5 radar at all.