Halo 5 Radar Increase

I recently read an article that stated for player testing, the radar will be increased from 18m to 25m (only for a limited testing time). But the catch is that we will only see people on the radar if they are firing their weapon or use a Spartan ability. I am here to ask why can we not have the original Halo radar. I mean this is part of what made it so great. With the ability to sprint + Spartan charge, it has changed the game. Why are there too many RTS (real time strategy) features in this game? It used to be a shooter and not this for that kind of thing. Can we just have the radar at 25m and if you are doing anything besides slow crouch walking; you should show up on the radar. I mean this is half of the reason why my KD has shrunk and why the original players have viewed the game with contempt. The time between someone sprinting and Spartan charging into my back is so slime I can barely move.

Ummm, that’s what it’s doing. All that’s changing is going from 18m to 25m and adding the fact that if you use a Spartan Ability you will show up. That’s it. Before people could charge Ground Pounds and Clamber and not show up on radar. Now they will. That’s all that’s changing.

> 2533274795739611;2:
> Ummm, that’s what it’s doing. All that’s changing is going from 18m to 25m and adding the fact that if you use a Spartan Ability you will show up. That’s it. Before people could charge Ground Pounds and Clamber and not show up on radar. Now they will. That’s all that’s changing.

All the info you need!

It’s not going to track motion any more though. Walking and sprinting will no longer show up. Only using unsilenced weapons use and spartan abilities (spartan charge, thrust, ground pound) will show up. To me it sounds like black ops 3’s radar.

Edit:

I just re read the update. Sprint will show up as well as clamber and stabilize. Looks like walking will not.

Walking and every movement beside crouching and crouch walking should be shown.

If the radar ever gets better it will be a good thing getting 18M

Y’all can use the feedback thread pinned at the top of the page now. :slight_smile: