Halo 5 preorders ( success already? )

According to Vgchartz.com Halo 5 has almost 100,000 preorders. Considering the game is a year away and hasn’t even had a gameplay reveal yet, this is impressive. Call of Duty Advanced warfare Xbox One version ( the highest selling one ) was about 300,000 last week, and jumped up to 400,000 this week ( because many people preorder last minute. SO, the fact that Halo 5 preorders are so high, CONSIDERING there’s not too much publicity for it yet, is pretty impressive. I have no doubt in my mind that Halo 5 will hit several million preorders when it launches.

It’s success hinges entirely on what happens after it launches. Halo 4 and Reach sold well, but their multiplayer populations dwindeled.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> It’s success hinges entirely on what happens after it launches. Halo 4 and Reach sold well, but their multiplayer populations dwindeled.

Considering 343i said Halo 5 will have equal start again, I’m sure many disgruntled Halo 4 players ( Not all, because some will continue to complain and worship Bungie ), will be happy to experience next gen Halo, with awesome graphics, great maps, and balanced gameplay.

I think I’d rather wait nearer to the time for pre orders although i’m very eager to pre order but its always worth looking at later offers like when a limited edition bundle is announced

I don’t really understand why people complain about 343 & Halo 4. In the end its a new beginning with their separation from Bungie. The Halo 4 campaign is a new beginning which its similar to the days when Halo: CE came out although they both give out great storylines there’s always a little thing missing like Halo: CE could have done with more dialogue but still both games had a big impact on people. I’m hoping when Halo 5: Guardians comes out it will make a big impact like the release of Halo 2

The sales will be big. You can count on that.
I also have a lot of faith in 343i, I think they’ve learned their lesson about how to handle multiplayer and improved their storytelling (they admitted that Halo 4 was to reliant on the extended Universe IIRC). I’m really looking forward to the gameplay reveal next week :slight_smile:

BETA will show…

Well the gameplay reveal is next week and the beta is next month so I guess we’ll know pretty soon whether the game will be good or not

I think that this game will sell 10 million copies easy

Player retention is all that matters to me. It should never leave the disc tray like h1-3 were.

Where exactly are people pre-ordering H5:G? I work at my local GameStop and as the average consumer knows: when a game can be pre-ordered, you can get it at GS, but it isn’t up for pre-order yet. Soooo, yeah.

> 2533274896991506;9:
> Player retention is all that matters to me. It should never leave the disc tray like h1-3 were.

Digital download. :3

> 2533274792065063;8:
> I think that this game will sell 10 million copies easy

woah! you are optimistic :slight_smile: mw2 sold 20 million copies in all its platform,

> 2533274944243845;12:
> > 2533274792065063;8:
> > I think that this game will sell 10 million copies easy
>
>
> woah! you are optimistic :slight_smile: mw2 sold 20 million copies in all its platform,

Yeah but MW2 was horrible.

Halo 3’s pop peak was 20mil+

seeing a lot of people played it offline, Halo 3 sold much more then CoD at the time. And still does to this date, no need to be unoptimistic.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> It’s success hinges entirely on what happens after it launches. Halo 4 and Reach sold well, but their multiplayer populations dwindeled.

But when you look at the charts which people made about a year ago, the major reason for the huge drop in population on Halo 4 was right when Black Ops 2 came out and the big problem was, those players didn’t return to Halo 4 so the population was always quite low. I think with Reach though I tend to disagree, it’s always had an average population, more than four at times. However I have been playing H4 for the past two years and haven’t gone off it. I personally think it’s one of the best Halo games.

> 2533274944243845;12:
> > 2533274792065063;8:
> > I think that this game will sell 10 million copies easy
>
>
> woah! you are optimistic :slight_smile: mw2 sold 20 million copies in all its platform,

By November 2015, I am thinking that X1 will have sold 15 million units.

10 million Halo 5 sales seems doable.

After the beta i am guessing those pre order numbers are going to shoot up, well that’s if the beta is any good