Halo 5: Potential to have Best Infection Ever?

I just got off playing Infection on Halo 2 Anniversary in MCC and was thinking about when this beloved gametype would come to Halo 5. H2A Infection is my second favorite infection after Halo: Reach. The only reason I put Reach above is because you can’t sprint in H2A (or H3 for that matter). Sprinting really makes things more difficult for survivors, thus evens out the gameplay. In terms of gameplay (excluding sprinting) H2A is near-perfect, in my opinion. The maps go pretty well with the gametype and the red energy sword is aesthetically pleasing (compared to those ugly talons in H4).

This got me thinking about Halo 5.

As most people would agree, Halo 5’s Arena is a well designed and fine tuned multiplayer experience. The increased mobility we have in Halo 5 changed the way we play in so many gametypes. SWAT for example is considerably more fun as you can thrust in different directions to avoid getting shot as well as clamber up to make quick escapes. Because of these new Spartan Abilities I believe that Halo 5 Infection could have the potential to become the best infection of all time – or the worst.

The reason Halo 5 Infection could be a win-all or loose-all gametype depends on how 343i implements gameplay.

The new Spartan Abilities would make gameplay much more difficult, so players would have to actually KNOW HOW TO AIM instead of raking up kills by hiding down a long corridor and forcing the infected to walk down and get mowed down. Halo 5’s amazing Forge would lead to the creation of brilliant maps and even new infection gamemodes. Utilizing the clamber ability would make escaping the infected as fun as it is in Dying Light. Thrusting would allow quick escapes from charging infected as well as vice-versa for the infected to dodge shotgun blasts and maneuver around survivors to get the kill. These are the things that gives Halo 5’s Infection potential to be the best of all time.

HOWEVER, all these features could ruin the experience if implemented badly. That’s why I am very excited (and a bit nervous) for Halo 5’s infection and hope it comes out soon.

I made two versions of how Halo 5’s Infection should be implemented in my opinion:

Version 1:

• Infected have no shields and can be killed with a single headshot or a close range shotgun blast.
  • Infected can kill survivors with one hit from the sword.
  • Infected can run and jump slightly higher than survivors.
  • Survivors can not pick up new ammo.
  • The ideal ammo count for survivors would be: 15 rounds for shotgun, 24 rounds for pistol.
  • Last man standing gets an overshield and greater range to his weapons.
  • No betrayals.
  • Each player starts as an infected at most ONCE PER GAME.

Version 2:

• Infected have no shields and can be killed with a single headshot or a close range shotgun blast.
  • Infected can kill survivors with one hit from the sword.
  • Infected can run and jump slightly higher than survivors.
  • Survivors can pick up new ammo.
  • Survivors begin with 5 rounds for shotgun and 12 rounds for pistol.
  • Shotgun and pistol ammo would be scattered around the maps, however there wouldn’t be enough for all survivors and ammo would only spawn once per round.
  • Last man standing gets an overshield and greater range to his weapons.
  • No betrayals.
  • Each player starts as an infected at most ONCE PER GAME.

I’d like to hear what the community thinks on this issue.

I just want my Halo Reach infection back, Maybe with the addition of clamber but other than that I want it the same

> 2533274921838152;2:
> I just want my Halo Reach infection back, Maybe with the addition of clamber but other than that I want it the same

Well Halo 5’s infection should be based of Reach’s but I really want to be able to use all the spartan abilities in infection, not just clamber. I think that would make gameplay considerably more fun and challenging.

> 2533274943182882;1:
> The new Spartan Abilities would make gameplay much more difficult, so players would have to actually KNOW HOW TO AIM instead of raking up kills by hiding down a long corridor and forcing the infected to walk down and get mowed down

Oh how I miss the old days in Reach of hiding in the air vent on Sword Base and watching all the infected try and run in through the hail of magnums.

It could be the best Infection mode ever… IF THEY WOULD -Yoinking!- ADD IT.

All I want in Infection is for players to actually have their own colour instead of that lime green like in Halo 4!

You can slow down the clamber in Customs. It looks really creepy. Imagine a gametype where survivors deal no melee damage (only knockback) and they start with no weapons (barring that, an energy sword). They have to climb around the map and search for weapons to survive. The zombies can clamber really slowly, but walk faster than the survivors. It would be cool because the survivors would have to clamber and climb to outrun the infected as they search for weapons, while the zombies have to follow paths to be effective, although they can still clamber if they need too, and look spooky doing it.

I just hope it comes with the next update. I feel that Infection will be awesome!