Halo 5 Plot opinion (spoiler free)

The halo series has been kept alive artificially at this point. I have no complaints of how the actual gameplay flows or the multiplayer or anything else. However, the story in my opinion, hard to put into words, it just should’ve ended at 3. For instance, an analogical POV depicts a scenario of someone being critically injured to the point where they are paralyzed neck down, naturally the individual would have died within a few moments after the accident, but the triumphs of modern medicine lets said individual live out the rest of their lives. This is what I believe Halo’s state of plot is in today. Bungie’s original intent was 3 and thats it (for MC) but 343 is keeping the franchise in tact artificially. I am just concerned plot wise where the game is headed but i will still give it a chance on the 27th.

hit the submit button by accident a little to early, had a few more points to touch on, dont feel like adding them in now so if they come up I’ll clarify them.

Bungies original intent was one. They had no clue if the game or the xbox would sell. Plus with all that they took out of H2 which was supposed to have a lot of what H3 was we have no clue of where they wanted to take the story.
Halo is a huge universe so there are tons of places we can go, I don’t think it is being artificially being kept alive I think it that there is this huge story still waiting to be told.

Why do people say it shouldve ended at 3? It had a cliff hanger ending. That’s like saying it shouldve ended at 2. Even if you didn’t like 4 and 343is direction saying it shouldve ended at 3 is foolish and makes no sense. Your comparison makes no sense either. The lore is huge and the story was wide open and hadn’t got to fight forerunners yet. How does that compare to being paralyzed, Games that have no where to go with the story would compare but that wasn’t halo at the end of 3. One could argue it could’ve ended at 4 but not 3. Just more 343i hate as usual. One to the next

> 2533274855928398;3:
> Bungies original intent was one. They had no clue if the game or the xbox would sell. Plus with all that they took out of H2 which was supposed to have a lot of what H3 was we have no clue of where they wanted to take the story.
> Halo is a huge universe so there are tons of places we can go, I don’t think it is being artificially being kept alive I think it that there is this huge story still waiting to be told.

Their intentions became very much clear that they have moved on from MC when they released ODST and reach. Especially when they signed their name off from halo after that. 343 is doing a great job gameplay wise but they could have touched on several other POVs that did not deal or have the influence of MC. They could have touched on the covenant civil war and made games on that etc. It shouldnt be called Halo anymore though, when was the last time they mentioned a ring?

> 2533274942655628;4:
> Why do people say it shouldve ended at 3? It had a cliff hanger ending. That’s like saying it shouldve ended at 2. Even if you didn’t like 4 and 343is direction saying it shouldve ended at 3 is foolish and makes no sense. Your comparison makes no sense either. The lore is huge and the story was wide open and hadn’t got to fight forerunners yet. How does that compare to being paralyzed, Games that have no where to go with the story would compare but that wasn’t halo at the end of 3. One could argue it could’ve ended at 4 but not 3. Just more 343i hate as usual. One to the next

i dont even hate 343 even 4s gameplay imo is the best. H3’s tagline was finish the fight, Chief’s story should have been finished no reason to continue his perspective.

> 2533274844129272;1:
> The halo series has been kept alive artificially at this point. I have no complaints of how the actual gameplay flows or the multiplayer or anything else. However, the story in my opinion, hard to put into words, it just should’ve ended at 3. For instance, an analogical POV depicts a scenario of someone being critically injured to the point where they are paralyzed neck down, naturally the individual would have died within a few moments after the accident, but the triumphs of modern medicine lets said individual live out the rest of their lives. This is what I believe Halo’s state of plot is in today. Bungie’s original intent was 3 and thats it (for MC) but 343 is keeping the franchise in tact artificially. I am just concerned plot wise where the game is headed but i will still give it a chance on the 27th.

Have you seen Halo 3’s legendary ending? if not, watch it and you’ll see Bungie intended for the continuation of the Halo story.

> 2533274844129272;5:
> > 2533274855928398;3:
> > Bungies original intent was one. They had no clue if the game or the xbox would sell. Plus with all that they took out of H2 which was supposed to have a lot of what H3 was we have no clue of where they wanted to take the story.
> > Halo is a huge universe so there are tons of places we can go, I don’t think it is being artificially being kept alive I think it that there is this huge story still waiting to be told.
>
>
> Their intentions became very much clear that they have moved on from MC when they released ODST and reach. Especially when they signed their name off from halo after that. 343 is doing a great job gameplay wise but they could have touched on several other POVs that did not deal or have the influence of MC. They could have touched on the covenant civil war and made games on that etc. It shouldnt be called Halo anymore though, when was the last time they mentioned a ring?

There was one in Halo 4

I love it, keep the games coming!

Might as well add that Bungie did intend to make Halo 4. However, knowing that they wouldn’t be able to finish Master Chief’s new story, they decided to make Halo: Reach.

the point is they are no longer the focus of the story. You have halo 5 guardians which focuses on the guardians and halo 4 focused on the composer the halo array is becoming a place that you don’t even interact with that drives the plot from the background Which they don’t even need to be that its like a pop culture reference to the original trilogy.

> 2535468583257523;11:
> > 2533274792737987;9:
> > I love it, keep the games coming!
>
>
> Yeah but the point is they are no longer the focus of the story. You have halo 5 guardians which focuses on the guardians and halo 4 focused on the composer the halo array is becoming a place that you don’t even interact with that drives the plot from the background Which they don’t even need to be that its like a pop culture reference to the original trilogy honestly.

How did I quote this. I didn’t even hit quote. which was stupid to begin with but still.