Halo 5 Playlists

Halo reach definitely had too many playlists, thinning out the community while I feel halo 4 had too little. Here are the ones I think should be in halo 5. Let me know what you think.

[Subject to change on community’s request] Total (17 - 22)

Basic Training
Must play at least 10 to unlock the rest of matchmaking but locked after 20 games.

Ranked: (6)
6 FFA: Lone-Wolf/Rumble-Pit: (Slayer/Assault/Stockpile/Oddball/KOTH/Juggernaut)
2v2: Team Doubles: (Slayer/Assault/CTF/Oddball/KOTH)
4v4: Team Slayer (slayer/+Variants)
4v4: Objective (Assault/CTF/VIP/Stockpile/Headhunter/Oddball/Territories/KOTH/Regicide)
4v4: SWAT: (Slayer/Assault/Stockpile/Oddball/KOTH)
4v4: Team Snipers: (slayer/+Variants)

Social: (6[dlc included])
3x5: Multi-Team: (Slayer/Assault/CTF/VIP/Stockpile/Headhunter/Oddball/Territories/KOTH/Regicide)
12v12: Invasion (Invasion/Invasion-slayer)
16v16: BTB (Slayer/Assault/CTF/VIP/Dominion/Extraction/Regicide/KOTH)
32v32: BTW (Slayer/Assault/CTF/Dominion)
12 FFA: Contamination: (Flood/Infection)
DLC: (all dlcs)

Cooperative: (3)
Campaign
Spartan Ops
Firefight

Community: (2)
Custom Games Server Browser (players can set to open/friends/invite)
Forge Server Browser

Seasonal (every weekend/month): (4)
Action sack
Fiesta Fight
Race
Griffball

The numbers for each team is just a rough idea.
Someone suggested in another thread that basic training is reintroduced which I like the sound of, people aren’t plunged into games of more experienced players and ruining them.
I think that the seasonal playlists were good for halo 3 with double XP weekends, it gave people an incentive to play and mixed things up a bit in multiplayer.

EDIT:

I’ve reviewed the team size using the community’s statistics from the Halo player count increase? thread.

I think the social playlists should still contribute to your in game rank just as much as the ranked playlists, but not affect your csr.
And what’s up with the seasonal playlists. What’s the point other than preventing people from playing them. Inb4 custom games, i am one of the possibly many people who just want to play with ransoms without having to set up custom games, which are always a a pain in the -Yoink- to find players for. Seriously, those should all go in the social playlist. That’s what they are. Social games

Also, whats this “basic training” idea of yours? Is it online matchmaking, or is it against bots. Because if it does lock at level 20, then how do players who pick up the game several months after release play matchmaking if they need to reach level 10 in basic but there is no one for them to play against?

Basic Training was a playlist in Halo 3 where newbs would play against other newbs.

It should probably be replaced, we already have spartan ops for basic practicing.

32v32 BTB is too big, 16v16 is plenty.
8v8 BTB Objective should be a ranked option.

Cooperative can have it’s own menu, doesn’t really need to be in Matchmaking.

Regicide really belongs in Slayer.

We should divide up 4v4 Objective by similar gamemodes.
>1 CTF/Assault Playlist
>1 KOTH/Territories Playlist
>1 Oddball/VIP playlist

Action Sack is an essential playlist.

Griffball should be a ranked playlist.

Race isn’t in high demand. The gametype should come back but doesn’t necessarily need to be in matchmaking.

> I think the social playlists should still contribute to your in game rank just as much as the ranked playlists, but not affect your csr.
> And what’s up with the <mark>seasonal playlists</mark>. What’s the point other than preventing people from playing them. Inb4 custom games, i am one of the possibly many people who just want to play with ransoms without having to set up custom games, which are always a a pain in the -Yoink!- to find players for. Seriously, those should all go in the social playlist. That’s what they are. Social games
>
> Also, whats this “<mark>basic training</mark>” idea of yours? Is it online matchmaking, or is it against bots. Because if it does lock at level 20, then how do players who pick up the game several months after release play matchmaking if they need to reach level 10 in basic but there is no one for them to play against?

These aren’t my ideas, they were playlists that existed in halo 3.

The point of seasonal is so that devs can put on double XP weekends or some event. these events keep the experience fresh. The population of said playlists as a whole is not huge (as are any of the playlists at the moment on halo 4) and were very sparsely populated on reach. Seasonal playlists (double XP weekends) attract more of the community to these gametypes. Griffball tournaments and Racing tournaments could be set up over the weekend and provide a substantial population.

Seasonal playlists bump up the population over the weekend (and in turn, over a long period of time as well) as people want to rank up easier and know that halo will be populated.

Basic training was a playlist in halo 3 which gamers had to play before they are allowed to play the rest of matchmaking. I think I also remember a similar system which was slightly more strict for Modern Warfare 2. The point is so beginners are not thrashed at the game, letting their team down. If you let a General/SR130/Inheritor… go again a recruit, most likely their gonna win. Its basically prep, it only takes like a day to do so its not as if its hard to get into matchmaking.

> Basic Training was a playlist in Halo 3 where newbs would play against other newbs.
>
> It should probably be replaced, we already have spartan ops for basic practicing.
>
> <mark>32v32 BTB is too big, 16v16 is plenty.</mark>
> <mark>8v8 BTB Objective should be a ranked option.</mark>
>
> Cooperative can have it’s own menu, doesn’t really need to be in Matchmaking.
>
> Regicide really belongs in Slayer.
>
> We should divide up 4v4 Objective by similar gamemodes.
> >1 CTF/Assault Playlist
> >1 KOTH/Territories Playlist
> >1 Oddball/VIP playlist
>
> Action Sack is an essential playlist.
>
> Griffball should be a ranked playlist.
>
> Race isn’t in high demand. The gametype should come back but doesn’t necessarily need to be in matchmaking.

<mark>Much appreciated info. Will change if more of a consensus</mark>

Don’t you think that more people will play the bottom three playlists you mentioned if it was rotated once a week for double XP weekends like halo 3?

I definitely have to disagree with the cooperative comment as the population on reach was very steady (more so than spops on halo 4). It was handy if you wanted to play the odd game on legendary with some other gamers.

Someone also said to me in another thread that it would reduce the population of other playlists in matchmaking. This isn’t true. If people are going to play campaign, they’re going to play campaign - whether it’s with friends, on their own or with strangers. If people know that they can play campaign whenever they want (with other people) then surely you’re more likely to play the game in general.

> Halo reach definitely had too many playlists, thinning out the community while I feel halo 4 had too little. Here are the ones I think should be in halo 5. Let me know what you think.
>
> [Subject to change on community’s request] Total (17 - 22)
>
> Basic Training
> Must play at least 10 to unlock the rest of matchmaking but locked after 20 games.
>
>
> Ranked: (6)
> 12 FFA: Lone-Wolf/Rumble-Pit: (Slayer/Assault/Stockpile/Oddball/KOTH/Juggernaut)
> 2v2: Team Doubles: (Slayer/Assault/CTF/Oddball/KOTH)
> 4v4: Team Slayer (slayer/+Variants)
> 4v4: Objective (Assault/CTF/VIP/Stockpile/Headhunter/Oddball/Territories/KOTH/Regicide)
> 4v4: SWAT: (Slayer/Assault/Stockpile/Oddball/KOTH)
> 4v4: Team Snipers: (slayer/+Variants)
>
> Social: (6[dlc included])
> 3x5: Multi-Team: (Slayer/Assault/CTF/VIP/Stockpile/Headhunter/Oddball/Territories/KOTH/Regicide)
> 12v12: Invasion (Invasion/Invasion-slayer)
> 16v16: BTB (Slayer/Assault/CTF/VIP/Dominion/Extraction/Regicide/KOTH)
> 32v32: BTW (Slayer/Assault/CTF/Dominion)
> 12 FFA: Contamination: (Flood/Infection)
> DLC: (all dlcs)
>
>
> Cooperative: (3)
> Campaign
> Spartan Ops
> Firefight
>
> Community: (2)
> Custom Games Server Browser (players can set to open/friends/invite)
> Forge Server Browser
>
>
> Seasonal (every weekend/month): (4)
> Action sack
> Fiesta Fight
> Race
> Griffball
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The numbers for each team is just a rough idea.
> Someone suggested in another thread that basic training is reintroduced which I like the sound of, people aren’t plunged into games of more experienced players and ruining them.
> I think that the seasonal playlists were good for halo 3 with double XP weekends, it gave people an incentive to play and mixed things up a bit in multiplayer.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> EDIT:
>
> I’ve reviewed the team size using the community’s statistics from the Halo player count increase? thread.

FFA should be 6 players in ranked and 8 players in social.

2 Big team playlists is iffy for me

Seasonal needs living dead

I also think there should be a 1v1 playlist but I understand why they wouldn’t add it. (Boosting)

the biggest problem is the basic training. It should be a choice like it was in Halo 3. It shouldn’t lock at rank 20 maybe at rank 5 would be good assuming if they used halo 3 ranks.

> FFA should be 6 players in ranked and 8 players in social.
>
> 2 Big team playlists is iffy for me
>
> Seasonal needs living dead
>
> I also think there should be a 1v1 playlist but I understand why they wouldn’t add it. (Boosting)
>
> the biggest problem is the basic training. It should be a choice like it was in Halo 3. It shouldn’t lock at rank 20 maybe at rank 5 would be good assuming if they used halo 3 ranks.

Done :slight_smile:

You need to have 2 Main Playlist, which are then split into Ranked and Social Playlist.

Ie:
Classic
Ranked
Social
Infinity
Ranked
Social

This would allow everyone to enjoy the Halo they want to play.

Classic would be an evolved version of Halo 3.

Infinity would be an evolved version of Halo 4.
Maybe an option for no Ordnance as well for the REACH lovers.

Each of course would have any new vehicles and weapons that have been created for the new Halo game.

The Sandbox would be the same for both. Only real changes are:
Classic:
• No Loadouts
No AA (Equipment Only)
No Ordnance
No Perks
Sprint (TBA)
Weapons Spawn on Map

Infinity:
• Loadouts
AA
Ordnance
Perks
Sprint

A player increase to 24 or 32 would also be nice.

> You need to have 2 Main Playlist, which are then split into Ranked and Social Playlist.
>
> <mark>Ie:</mark>
> Classic
> Ranked
> Social
> Infinity
> Ranked
> Social
>
> This would allow everyone to enjoy the Halo they want to play.
>
> Classic would be an evolved version of Halo 3.
>
> Infinity would be an evolved version of Halo 4.
> Maybe an option for no Ordnance as well for the REACH lovers.
>
> Each of course would have any new vehicles and weapons that have been created for the new Halo game.
>
> The Sandbox would be the same for both. Only real changes are:
> Classic:
> • No Loadouts
> No AA (Equipment Only)
> No Ordnance
> No Perks
> Sprint (TBA)
> Weapons Spawn on Map
>
>
> Infinity:
> • Loadouts
> AA
> Ordnance
> Perks
> Sprint
>
> A player increase to 24 or 32 would also be nice.

That might work, but I don’t think that it should necessarily be available at launch as the population may not be as steady as we hope. Also, it means effectively doubling the amount of playlists.

As a compromise, how about classic and infinity do not have their own playlists, but their own gametypes within a playlist. When the vote comes up, there should be a classic and infinity option. Could this work?

VIP game mode needs to be thrown in the mix there

> 2533274806443893;10:
> VIP game mode needs to be thrown in the mix there

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks, especially ones that are over 4 years old