Halo 5 paralles Halo 3 release on 360.

Note: This is a personal thought based off what I notice and shouldn’t be seen as anything other than that.

Anyway, I am hoping Microsoft markets this game to the level of Halo 3 before it was released. I know it is only March but my ideal would be if they start the marketing campaign by early May. Why? The whole marketing campaign of Halo 3 was an honestly amazing feat that brought about many amazing Marketing videos that I still see as some of the best today. One such that was released, “Starry Night,” on the December of '06, the December before Halo 3 released was an early attempt to catch notice to Halo 3 far before release and I am sure people remember how successful that was. Also, Halo 3 was meant to be the ‘biggest entertainment launch in history’ quoted by people at Microsoft and in many ways it was. There was launch parties everywhere, New York Times Square held one where Major Nelson attended. There are plenty of stats that can show the success of Halo 3 because of all this but you can find those easily online.

I first became aware of the Halo franchise during Halo 2, but by Halo 3 I felt that I knew the whole universe, and that was thanks to Halo 3 being seen EVERYWHERE leading up to launch…

Finally, I’ll just leave off with this:

Halo 5: Release 2 years after Xbox One and is really first new Halo in new generation of consoles.

Halo 3: Release 2 years after Xbox 360 and is really first new Halo in new generation of consoles.

Don’t forget to mention that Halo 3 released in September and there are multiple rumors that Halo 5 will release then as well.

It would be amazing if something like this happened, and seeing Microsoft already pushing for their game so far, even at this stage, they’re putting their heart and soul into this, this is their game, if it sinks, Xbox sinks with it.

Oi, don’t forget Neil Blomkamp’s " Halo: Landfall". That trailer was loads of awesome.

There’s a big difference. H3 was following H2 and H5 is following H4.

You can advertise all you want the fact remains that even core Halo fans are not sure what to make of H5, let alone potential buyers who have a more casual view of Halo.

> 2533274915643658;4:
> Oi, don’t forget Neil Blomkamp’s " Halo: Landfall". That trailer was loads of awesome.

That was truly amazing.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274915643658;4:
> > Oi, don’t forget Neil Blomkamp’s " Halo: Landfall". That trailer was loads of awesome.
>
>
> That was truly amazing.

Too bad we will never get the Halo movie that Blomkamp wanted to make.

> 2535413961532622;5:
> There’s a big difference. H3 was following H2 and H5 is following H4.
>
> You can advertise all you want the fact remains that even core Halo fans are not sure what to make of H5, let alone potential buyers who have a more casual view of Halo.

I’m a Halo fan to the core (and I also don’t suck at this game), and you want to know what I make of Halo 5?

This game is gonna be The Balls. I am not being derogatory.

> 2535413961532622;5:
>
> You can advertise all you want the fact remains that even core Halo fans are not sure what to make of H5, let alone potential buyers who have a more casual view of Halo.

There are a lot of other things to consider.

Pre-orders are high even at this early stage, and the people who are pre-ordering now are the “core” fans your talking about, not the casual players that will pre-order right before release or just pick up on launch. This is all in spite of the game having no confirmed release date, minimal advertising besides the beta itself, and no campaign exposure. When the ad campaign starts winding up, pre-orders will skyrocket even further.

Through the Halo Championship Series halo just had the biggest e-sports tournament its had since when it was on the MLG circuit. Halo 5 has a emphasis on and support for e-sports, which is a major factor in terms of game interest post-launch. If this kind of tournament support continues, Halo 5 is sure to have a healthy competitive community, and will also give the game a sales boost.

You don’t speak for the community. Just because your still unsure, doesn’t mean me and the hundreds of thousands of others who have already preordered are.

> 2535413961532622;5:
>

Core Halo fan here, I don’t like to be generalized, and do know what to make of Halo 5, its amazing. There are alot of people who know they are ready for the game after the beta. It’s already got around 100k+ pre orders which is pretty intense given how far out release is.