Halo 5 or Halo Reach Campaign?

First off I am not bashing on Halo 5 in this post I just want to here peoples opinions on which campaign they liked overall, as Halo Reach was not liked by many. I think Halo 5 is an amazing game, with its flaws, but still a great game. So lets start off with Halo 5.

Halo 5: Guardians
Positives:

• enemy AI are great, they are brutal when facing them on legendary and that how they should be - each enemy feel unique and useful (but their was no explaination on how the soldiers came to be???) - verticality in the gameplay is done really well - 4 player co-op is the way to play - new additions to gameplay are amazing besides sprint, i really dont like it - graphics - weaponsNegatives:

• the story was horrible - why is doc Halsey just fine with helping the UNSC, i thought she wanted to take revenge for almost being kill by them - osiris team, seriously making us play as them for more than half the game, if you want a new face for the halo franchise you cant just have them take over all in one game. You need to introduce them slowly, show us character development. I Bucke was a much more likeable character. (I personally would rather have master chief stay as the main character and show us his progression as a character after the loss of cortona and his team. (Would love a fall of halo reach campaign with master chief and his team. - blue team, also a dissappointment. Seriously they dont introduce them, explain who they are. (There are a lot of people, who dont know who they are) Master chief character doesnt develop as a person - the arbitors war could have been handle much better - cortana coming back made halo 4s ending pointless. They should have brought her back in halo 6 and this game focusing on master chiefs humanity and how his family (blue team) helped him through it - ONE THING I HATE ABOUT THE NEW GAMES UNDER 343 IS THAT HOW THE -Yoink- ARE SPARTAN 4S AS TALL HAS SPARTAN 3S (HALO REACH SHOWED HOW SPARTAN 2S WERE MORE BADASS THAN 3S. GEORGE WAS MUCH BIGGER AND TALLER THAN THE OTHER WHO WERE 3S) - SPARTAN LOCK BEING ABLE TO BE ON PAR, FIGHTING SKILLS AND STRENGHT, WITH MASTER CHIEF (SMFH - the look of the new series, just doesnt feel right, the armours too shiny and weird looking. Halo reach had fantastic armour design - Please for the next halo game let us play as spartan 2s or 3s for multiplayer (i personally hate the new spartan 4s)Halo: Reach
    Positves:

• I felt like each character was handled properly and developed together. Each time someone died i felt sad and like i just lost someone important to me. Even though i knew they were going to die, the story was still interesting. - you could tell the difference between spartan 2s and 3s - the covenant were a threat again the elites were a dangerous enemy to face - map design was exellent - weapons were fun to use - loved the art direction of the game (by far my favourite in the halo series) - how the noble 6 was your own character to customize - each mission i felt like was memorable - at one point you were attacked by wild life (made the game more, interesting) - overall it seems like a lot of people hated the campaign and story, but i personally loved it. The seen in the first mission where elites attack you and take a hostage and than george closes the door with just you two is intense and the music is brillaint. - even though master chief wasnt in the game i still loved each character Negatives:

• sprint and other abilities - no BR - to be honest i cant think of any negative i loved the campaign lolOVERALL:
    I love halo 5, i think its amazing overall besides from the campaign and lack of maps. But i felt that halo reach had the better campaign storywise and gameplay design.

What are your guys opinions?

I mostly agree with your list. Except I prefer Halo 4’s Prometheans and I thought it was pointless for the Covenent to be on Genysis in Halo 5.

> 2535414369351666;2:
> I mostly agree with your list. Except I prefer Halo 4’s Prometheans and I thought it was pointless for the Covenent to be on Genysis in Halo 5.

Yea I do like the new Prometheans design and look, but i dont like how the new spartans look, i hate the shiny plastic look.

reach all the way

Halo 5.

Reach was the most disappointing campaign / multiplayer in my opinion.

> 2533274852660538;5:
> Halo 5.
>
> Reach was the most disappointing campaign / multiplayer in my opinion.

What didnt you like about Reach campaign. Personally I loved the campaign Im waiting for backward compatiblity to come for it.

> 2533274821590767;3:
> > 2535414369351666;2:
> > I mostly agree with your list. Except I prefer Halo 4’s Prometheans and I thought it was pointless for the Covenent to be on Genysis in Halo 5.
>
>
> Yea I do like the new Prometheans design and look, but i dont like how the new spartans look, i hate the shiny plastic look.

Some of Halo 4’s armour sets looked kinda -Yoink!- but Halo 5 has better options. We may just need more colour options that are matt

> 2533274821590767;6:
> > 2533274852660538;5:
> > Halo 5.
> >
> > Reach was the most disappointing campaign / multiplayer in my opinion.
>
>
> What didnt you like about Reach campaign. Personally I loved the campaign Im waiting for backward compatiblity to come for it.

Just played Reach a few days ago, whole campaign. Rescued Buck :v:

Reach’s campaign was fantastic.

The main cons about Halo 5’s campaign is the team AI was designed to mimic a person with a sack of potatoes in place of their brain, and legendary is difficult because its cheap, not because it’s just tough, and some of the level design feels “samey” (lots of very wide areas with plenty of traversel and the exact same flank areas to break on the side, I like the open movement but each area feels the same with a new coat of paint).

While I feel like not being MC is a letdown, I will not include that here as you also don’t play him in Reach or ODST, and ODST is my favorite campaign, but at the time I had my MC fix, they need a better balance of both.

Reach’s campaign broke canon, by a landslide. It was worse than any book-to-movie adaptation I’ve ever seen. Playing that game just left me like wtf this isn’t how it happened at all. The only conceived way I can think of someone enjoying the campaign narrative is if they didn’t know -Yoink- all about the Halo story to begin with.

> 2533274821590767;6:
> > 2533274852660538;5:
> > Halo 5.
> > Reach was the most disappointing campaign / multiplayer in my opinion.
>
>
> What didnt you like about Reach campaign. Personally I loved the campaign Im waiting for backward compatiblity to come for it.

Aside from what Hot Juicy Pie stated, the characters were very flat and emotionless. Whenever they died, I didn’t feel pity or sympathy, or even the slightest bit of sadness. I just shrugged my shoulders and kept playing. When my friends and I first blew through the campaign, we laughed at Kat’s death simply because someone shouted "BOOM ! HEADSHOT!" over their mic (I still think it’s funny, haha).
Also the fact that Carter says “Not to lone-wolf anything” in the beginning, yet half the levels only involved myself and maybe one other spartan. There isn’t a single level where all of Noble Team fights together.
And then there’s armor lock…shivers in fear

Funny Reach video of Noble Team.

Halo 5.

Reach has great gameplay… but so did halo 5. The problem with reach is that it completely retconned a great book, and there is literally no character development besides 5 minutes with Jorge.

> 2533274857398125;12:
> Halo 5.
>
> Reach has great gameplay… but so did halo 5. The problem with reach is that it completely retconned a great book, and there is literally no character development besides 5 minutes with Jorge.

I heard that bungie didnt like what microsoft was doing with the expanded universe like halo wars and other stuff. Might be thats why bungie changed it. Not sure though

Both are great. No need to choose.

The only thing in Reach that’s better than Halo 5 is Long Night of Solace (and to be fair, Halo 5 could really have used a mission like that), but otherwise 5 had better level design and enemies and Reach’s story was just waaaay off (more than 5’s even).

Agreed on just about every point.

I want to like Halo 5, I really do… but the aiming mechanic has really soured the experience for me. If I can’t properly control the game like in all the other previous titles? Then that’s an absolute black mark on the title for me and that just sucks.
I really loved Halo Reach (and not just for all the reason you mentioned but also for Firefight!) and Halo 4 (also Spartan Ops!) because I felt both held true to the Halo feel. The Military designs and characters flowed well.

I have not and probably will never enjoy the look of S4’s armor. It really looks like some 10 year old went crazy with the designs while looking at crazy 60’s sci fi.
Most of it doesn’t even look like armor, it looks like a body suit with cardboard cut outs strapped to it in strange patterns. And all the boots like just damn stupid. All of them.

> 2533274821590767;13:
> > 2533274857398125;12:
> > Halo 5.
> >
> > Reach has great gameplay… but so did halo 5. The problem with reach is that it completely retconned a great book, and there is literally no character development besides 5 minutes with Jorge.
>
>
> I heard that bungie didnt like what microsoft was doing with the expanded universe like halo wars and other stuff. Might be thats why bungie changed it. Not sure though

Bungie changed it because they needed a story but H3 ended that entire line. They couldn’t do it off the book because that is already explained and there would be no mystery. It was basically forced because Microsoft forced Bungie to make another game when they didn’t want to in the slightest. As far as I know Bungie was okay with Halo wars.

Honestly, I think Halo 5’s campaign was way better then reach. In the form pacing and story.

I’m sorry. But we barely got to know Noble Team before they started dying. Like seriously, Jorge was the only death with the feels for it actually felt like a heroic sacrifice. The rest were eh.

Difference between the S-IIs and S-IIIs
You do know that Jorge was one of the tallest Spartans period. He Towered over most the S-IIs also.

Btw, your nick picking of the Halo 5 story can be done the same for Reach with the list being 5x bigger.

For someone who read the Fall of Reach and then playing Halo: Reach. Halo Reach basically threw out the whole book and filled everything with the Biggest plot holes in story telling history. It took 343I years to fix all the plot holes to the lore that Halo: Reach caused. It was a complete -Yoink- move by Bungie. And 343I is still trying to get all the pieces to fit because of it all.

Plus the Allied AI in Halo 5 is a 100x Better then Halo Reach. They can actually hit and kill things. Unlike the Reach AI that had -Yoink- accuracy and reduced damage.

> 2533274821590767;13:
> > 2533274857398125;12:
> > Halo 5.
> >
> > Reach has great gameplay… but so did halo 5. The problem with reach is that it completely retconned a great book, and there is literally no character development besides 5 minutes with Jorge.
>
>
> I heard that bungie didnt like what microsoft was doing with the expanded universe like halo wars and other stuff. Might be thats why bungie changed it. Not sure though

There was a article that came out a few years ago showing that Bungie was doing everything they could to sabatage Halo Wars for they felt it was a -Yoink!- of their franchise, who they sold the rights to Microsoft for they were going bankrupt because of the fiasco with the killer Myth bug

> 2533274803137071;19:
> > 2533274821590767;13:
> > > 2533274857398125;12:
> > > Halo 5.
> > >
> > > Reach has great gameplay… but so did halo 5. The problem with reach is that it completely retconned a great book, and there is literally no character development besides 5 minutes with Jorge.
> >
> >
> > I heard that bungie didnt like what microsoft was doing with the expanded universe like halo wars and other stuff. Might be thats why bungie changed it. Not sure though
>
>
> There was a article that came out a few years ago showing that Bungie was doing everything they could to sabatage Halo Wars for they felt it was a -Yoink!- of their franchise, who they sold the rights to Microsoft for they were going bankrupt because of the fiasco with the killer Myth bug

Well praise our 343i overlords for letting halo wars 2 be a thing.