Halo 5 Online for people who got it early?

Anyone happen too know when Halo 5’s online will be playable for those of us who got the game early? Hate the way 343 did the “Streamers and Reviewers” only this time around.

I remember when I got Halo 4 early I was able to get right online with it. Stats got reset before Launch but I didnt care.

Yup 12 am October 27th Eastern US Time like the rest of us. Frankly while UI understand your desire, I also have worked in the gaming industry as well. People breaking street cost me a 700 dollar sales bonus from my employer because a mom and pop decided to launch Reach 3 days early. We got stuck with hundreds of extra copies that thankfully MS took back. They got fined a rather large amount and now after their year suspension from ALL Microsoft products, get them 2 weeks after everyone else. I think that lasts till fall of 2016.

YEah i had gotten 2 and 3 from a 711 early, was awwwesome.

But I got collector’s this time around and man, sucks you can’t play it early, cmon I’m a collector!

> 2533274793802457;2:
> Yup 12 am October 27th Eastern US Time like the rest of us. Frankly while UI understand your desire, I also have worked in the gaming industry as well. People breaking street cost me a 700 dollar sales bonus from my employer because a mom and pop decided to launch Reach 3 days early. We got stuck with hundreds of extra copies that thankfully MS took back. They got fined a rather large amount and now after their year suspension from ALL Microsoft products, get them 2 weeks after everyone else. I think that lasts till fall of 2016.

Just doesn’t make any since though, I have had every Halo early starting with Halo 3 (Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5). Too add even the other early games I have got (Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Madden, MLB The Show) have never blocked just one group from their servers. None of them prevented someone from playing early that got the game legally, I would understand if they just didn’t turn on the servers/open the servers until a little before the launch but blatantly blocking others from playing thats not a Reviewer or Streamer is IMO very ridiculous.

I however am sorry to hear about the situation that you had experienced but that still has nothing to do with me (As a consumer) that went and bought the game at a legal establishment. (Really am not trying to sound like an -Yoink-, just trying to explain my point)

I mean I am grateful that I can play Campaign (Offline) at least it still bothers me that they more than less said no to everyone other than select people. I basically ran into a wall on solo Legendary and wanted to explore other areas of the game. I cant even try custom games out.

To add, I got it on the 22nd.

Its playable right now

> 2533274891139502;6:
> Its playable right now

For a select few only.
Mainly streamers and youtubers

> 2533274846483350;7:
> > 2533274891139502;6:
> > Its playable right now
>
>
> For a select few only.
> Mainly streamers and youtubers

This.

> 2533274844788302;1:
> Anyone happen too know when Halo 5’s online will be playable for those of us who got the game early? Hate the way 343 did the “Streamers and Reviewers” only this time around.

It makes perfect sense, actually.

The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.

Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.

> 2533274891139502;6:
> Its playable right now

> 2533274846483350;7:
> > 2533274891139502;6:
> > Its playable right now
>
>
> For a select few only.
> Mainly streamers and youtubers

> 2533274964458234;8:
> > 2533274846483350;7:
> > > 2533274891139502;6:
> > > Its playable right now
> >
> >
> > For a select few only.
> > Mainly streamers and youtubers
>
>
> This.

Yeah, very stupid. :frowning:

I try to get on the game while connected to the internet and it says something along the lines of, “Missing DLC, please download the DLC and restart the application”.

Only way to play anything is the play offline.

> 2533274846483350;7:
> > 2533274891139502;6:
> > Its playable right now
>
>
> For a select few only.
> Mainly streamers and youtubers

Since I have the digital copy, I can’t even launch the game at all - offline or online :confused:

> 2533274809541057;9:
> > 2533274844788302;1:
> > Anyone happen too know when Halo 5’s online will be playable for those of us who got the game early? Hate the way 343 did the “Streamers and Reviewers” only this time around.
>
>
> It makes perfect sense, actually.
>
> The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.
>
> Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.

I’m saying its stupid to only allow the game to be played by select people (No life Streamers and Reviewers). Its basically discrimination if you think about it. The servers are up but they only allow certain people on them, its dumb. If the servers weren’t up at all I understand but to have a physical copy in your Xbox and not being aloud to play it simply “just because” is not right. Every Halo since Halo 3 has allowed any with the game when the servers are up to be allowed on. They just reset stats/ranks before the game released to the public.

And I highly doubt you be saying that if you happened to have the game in your hands at this moment.

> 2533274844788302;12:
> > 2533274809541057;9:
> > > 2533274844788302;1:
> > > Anyone happen too know when Halo 5’s online will be playable for those of us who got the game early? Hate the way 343 did the “Streamers and Reviewers” only this time around.
> >
> >
> > It makes perfect sense, actually.
> >
> > The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.
> >
> > Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.
>
>
> I’m saying its stupid to only allow the game to be played by select people (No life Streamers and Reviewers). Its basically discrimination if you think about it. The servers are up but they only allow certain people on them, its dumb. If the servers weren’t up at all I understand but to have a physical copy in your Xbox and not being aloud to play it simply “just because” is not right. Every Halo since Halo 3 has allowed any with the game when the servers are up to be allowed on. They just reset stats/ranks before the game released to the public.
>
> And I highly doubt you be saying that if you happened to have the game in your hands at this moment.

I agree with you. It seems pretty biased, not to mention that most of these early players are pro players. Meaning a even bigger skill gap at the official release of game. Pretty much closing the door on any player hoping to reach pro status in Halo. If the servers are up let the people play. Not to mention when you purchase a game you should be able to play said game. Like N64 or gamecube. Now a days there seems to be less on a disk and more in virtual space…

> 2533274829637148;13:
> > 2533274844788302;12:
> > > 2533274809541057;9:
> > > > 2533274844788302;1:
> > > > Anyone happen too know when Halo 5’s online will be playable for those of us who got the game early? Hate the way 343 did the “Streamers and Reviewers” only this time around.
> > >
> > >
> > > It makes perfect sense, actually.
> > >
> > > The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.
> > >
> > > Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.
> >
> >
> > I’m saying its stupid to only allow the game to be played by select people (No life Streamers and Reviewers). Its basically discrimination if you think about it. The servers are up but they only allow certain people on them, its dumb. If the servers weren’t up at all I understand but to have a physical copy in your Xbox and not being aloud to play it simply “just because” is not right. Every Halo since Halo 3 has allowed any with the game when the servers are up to be allowed on. They just reset stats/ranks before the game released to the public.
> >
> > And I highly doubt you be saying that if you happened to have the game in your hands at this moment.
>
>
> I agree with you. It seems pretty biased, not to mention that most of these early players are pro players. Meaning a even bigger skill gap at the official release of game. Pretty much closing the door on any player hoping to reach pro status in Halo. If the servers are up let the people play. Not to mention when you purchase a game you should be able to play said game. Like N64 or gamecube. Now a days there seems to be less on a disk and more in virtual space…

Yeah I am always going physical always unless the prices start to reflect a difference. No way I am paying 60 dollars for just data on my console when I can get the case, book/manual and physical disk for the same 60 dollars.

But I got a feeling the servers be up for all this weekend sometime, just waiting.

I dont think the problem is waiting for the release date, I think its more comes from 343 letting certain people have the right to play it early. Which pisses off all the people who spent the money on the high prices bundles who are stuck waiting.

> 2533274844788302;12:
> > 2533274809541057;9:
> > It makes perfect sense, actually.
> >
> > The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.
> >
> > Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.
>
>
> I’m saying its stupid to only allow the game to be played by select people (No life Streamers and Reviewers). Its basically discrimination if you think about it. The servers are up but they only allow certain people on them, its dumb. If the servers weren’t up at all I understand but to have a physical copy in your Xbox and not being aloud to play it simply “just because” is not right. Every Halo since Halo 3 has allowed any with the game when the servers are up to be allowed on. They just reset stats/ranks before the game released to the public.
>
> And I highly doubt you be saying that if you happened to have the game in your hands at this moment.

I’d say the same thing regardless of whether I went with physical or digital. I can wait for the proper release date.

It’s not stupid. The game is not officially released to the general public yet. As such, you (being the general public) aren’t allowed to access it yet. It’s that simple. It’s not discrimination at all. Why is it so hard to understand that it is not done with malicious intent?

> 2533274809541057;16:
> > 2533274844788302;12:
> > > 2533274809541057;9:
> > > It makes perfect sense, actually.
> > >
> > > The game does not official release until October 27. However, Microsoft/343i wants impartial, unbiased opinions of their game released so that potential buyers can have some insight into the game before making their purchase. So it makes sense to allow reviewers and publicist play the game a few days early.
> > >
> > > Everyone else can and should wait until the proper release date. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. The release date has been set for quite some time now.
> >
> >
> > I’m saying its stupid to only allow the game to be played by select people (No life Streamers and Reviewers). Its basically discrimination if you think about it. The servers are up but they only allow certain people on them, its dumb. If the servers weren’t up at all I understand but to have a physical copy in your Xbox and not being aloud to play it simply “just because” is not right. Every Halo since Halo 3 has allowed any with the game when the servers are up to be allowed on. They just reset stats/ranks before the game released to the public.
> >
> > And I highly doubt you be saying that if you happened to have the game in your hands at this moment.
>
>
> I’d say the same thing regardless of whether I went with physical or digital. I can wait for the proper release date.
>
> It’s not stupid. The game is not officially released to the general public yet. As such, you (being the general public) aren’t allowed to access it yet. It’s that simple. It’s not discrimination at all. Why is it so hard to understand that it is not done with malicious intent?

Because the servers are live right now but block anyone other than reviewers and streamers. Thats why.

Like I said before every other gane I got early (including halo) never was so asinine about it. Yeah like with Halo 4 when I got it the servers were not up at all but once they did I could play. Its not the fact that I cant play, its the fact that others get to play while locking others out that bought the game. I can care less that release is Tuesday, I have a retail copy in my hand right now that I obtained legally but cant play a game i have in my 2 hands early because im not popular with the streaming community. Im sorry thats -Yoink-.

This is so stupid that I spend my hard earned money for this game and can’t play it early cause according to 343 I’m not as important as some dumb streamer. I’ve been playing Halo since day one and I’m one of the few that still play Halo years after release while the majority flock to other newer games.

You cant play until 27 its so sad! :c

> 2596271570914129;18:
> This is so stupid that I spend my hard earned money for this game and can’t play it early cause according to 343 I’m not as important as some dumb streamer. I’ve been playing Halo since day one and I’m one of the few that still play Halo years after release while the majority flock to other newer games.

That’s how it works you have to promote their product be it making videos, cosplay, artwork etc.