Halo 5 offline coperation

Hello All palyers,
I read that Halo 5 will dispose of not offline comperation it true ?
Best regards,
Daius

Online only co-op

No Splitscreen or system link

Yeah, it’s true.

They got rid of split screen for technical reasons. Mostly due to frame rate and because this being the largest Halo yet (in terms of map size) splitting the screen and having one player on one end of a map with the other player on the other end running 2 different frame rates and rendering twice as many textures and spawning twice as many AIs and such can limit how much you can put into the game and how big you can make it. The larger it is and the more times you divide the screen, the less you can get in there … from what I understand for it to be of this size and the ability to split the screen, it would only be able to render Halo 3-era looking assets and minimal AIs, vehicles, etc. Which is sad considering the limitations of this generation’s consoles are so apparent already.

Apparently this was in issue even back with Halo 3. Bungie considered removing splitscreen then, but decided against it since fewer people played online at the time.

It’s not the best situation, and few people are happy about it, but I am interested in seeing how they use these freed up resources. How many more AIs, textures, assets, plus the size of the game itself. It better be insane to make the trade off worth it.

What I’m saying is, since it’s supposed to be twice the length and size of Halo 4’s campaign, and doing that while keeping it at a solid 60 frames per second apparently wasn’t possible without severely limiting the amount of detail and assets they wanted to use, so a game that size with that much going on at that frame rate with splitscreen would probably look pretty shoddy by our standards now.

I haven’t seen anything of the campaign except for what they’ve shared, and it looks pretty awesome for being pre-release stuff, so for the sacrifice of splitscreen to be worth it, my mind better be thoroughly blown by the scope and scale of level of detail in this game. And it looks like that just may be the case.

Thx for you responses.
I buy Xbox One Halo 5 Collector for play with my friend in Splitscreen.
For me this is bad decision the best user experience in Halo are Splitscreen campaign and I dont see the difference between the 30fps and 60fps…
I think 345 industry kill the license Halo for the E-sport goal …
P.S. : sorry for my bad english :p.

> 2533274799573242;5:
> Thx for you responses.
> I buy Xbox One Halo 5 Collector for play with my friend in Splitscreen.
> For me this is bad decision the best user experience in Halo are Splitscreen campaign and I dont see the difference between the 30fps and 60fps…
> I think 345 industry kill the license Halo for the E-sport goal …
> P.S. : sorry for my bad english :p.

You still got the Master Chief Collection. And Halo Reach will be backwards compatible by this November (at the earliest). Worst case scenario, you can play Reach, CE, H2, H2A, H3, and H4 split screen with your friends, then just take turns for Halo 5.

If you can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps then there’s something wrong with you. Going back to the 360’s 30 fps hurts my eyes more than anything.
Somehow the way you communicate makes me think you’re just trolling. “345 industries”… are you even trying?

> 2533274870489921;7:
> If you can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps then there’s something wrong with you. Going back to the 360’s 30 fps hurts my eyes more than anything.
> Somehow the way you communicate makes me think you’re just trolling. “345 industries”… are you even trying?

He did apologize for his poor English. It’s not his first language.

> 2533274799573242;5:
> Thx for you responses.
> I buy Xbox One Halo 5 Collector for play with my friend in Splitscreen.
> For me this is bad decision the best user experience in Halo are Splitscreen campaign and I dont see the difference between the 30fps and 60fps…
> I think 345 industry kill the license Halo for the E-sport goal …
> P.S. : sorry for my bad english :p.

try out Star Wars Battlefront
It will have 2 player Split-Screen for offline modes

@MrMartini
Do you have any proof that Bungie considered cutting Split-Screen from H3? It’s hard to belive considering H3 was the last Halo that had a rather good working Split-Screen

> 2533274801973487;9:
> > 2533274799573242;5:
> > Thx for you responses.
> > I buy Xbox One Halo 5 Collector for play with my friend in Splitscreen.
> > For me this is bad decision the best user experience in Halo are Splitscreen campaign and I dont see the difference between the 30fps and 60fps…
> > I think 345 industry kill the license Halo for the E-sport goal …
> > P.S. : sorry for my bad english :p.
>
>
> try out Star Wars Battlefront
> It will have 2 player Split-Screen for offline modes
>
> @MrMartini
> Do you have any proof that Bungie considered cutting Split-Screen from H3? It’s hard to belive considering H3 was the last Halo that had a rather good working Split-Screen

Yeah, Gameinformer interview with Marty & Jamie formerly of Bungie. It’s over an hour long. The first half is with Josh Holmes and Tim Longo the second hald is with Jaime Griesemer and Marty O’Donnell. They ask Jamie and Marty about the splitscreen cut in Halo 5, and Jamie weighs in on how technical splitscreen is and how it was nearly cut from Halo 3.

> 2533274883669557;8:
> > 2533274870489921;7:
> > If you can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps then there’s something wrong with you. Going back to the 360’s 30 fps hurts my eyes more than anything.
> > Somehow the way you communicate makes me think you’re just trolling. “345 industries”… are you even trying?
>
>
> He did apologize for his poor English. It’s not his first language.

Because you need to be english speaking to write 343 Industries instead of “345 industries” ?