Halo 5 not the Top 10 Most Played Games on Xbox?

As of today at 7:19 P.M., Halo is nowhere to be seen on the Top 10 “Most Played” titles on Xbox live? This game literally came out two months ago, and this game is supposed to be THE console exclusive flagship title for the Xbox One, and it is getting outclassed by multiplatform games other titles that came out a year ago. GTA 5 and Destiny literally came out last year and are at second spot and sixth spot (respectively). ARK: Survival Evolved, is a title, which literally is a Game Preview and it is above Halo in terms of players. I don’t want to be that guy but what exactly is going wrong? Maybe is it the fact that the title has evolved too much? Maybe it doesn’t have that “pull” to incentivize players to keep playing. Or maybe this game just feels like another run-of-the-mill shooter?

Player retention for past Halo games has been somewhat solid but the decline was steep with the release of Halo 4. We also have to keep in mind that the Xbox has not been selling that well compared to the Playstation because of the whole DRM fiasco, Kinect privacy scandals, and pre-launch bitterness about microsoft. So it is logical to understand why playercount for these games would be less than stellar. But besides that point, Halo is known to be an important title and should at least be in the Top 10, after at least 2 MONTHS.

Now, realistically we will get a bump in player population in the next 3 days due to Christmas (assuming Phantom Squad does not DDOS the XBL service, that we all dearly pay $60 for each year). And we might see another bump in population when the HCS begins and that $2,000,000 jackpot drives in viewers, new players, and advertising revenue. But to see one the flagship titles, THE Halo franchise, to be beaten out by a game preview is very sad.
What do you all think?

It’s in my top 10 played.
What else matters? Just enjoy the game.

> 2533274942950547;2:
> It’s in my top 10 played.

WOWZA, what an critical and interesting analysis of my post. You seem to be a quite intelligent poster that has blessed me with an mind-expanding comment, thank you for contributing to the conversation /s.

Dissapointing game in my opinion, some good spots but not a keeper for me. Rather sad…

It’s the only game I play. I couldn’t care less where it falls on a top 10 list.

> 2533274942950547;2:
> It’s in my top 10 played.
> What else matters? Just enjoy the game.

This^

Play the game and have fun. Who cares if its not the number one played game with 1 million people logging in every night. The market right now is swamped with other big games too.

you need to cite your sources bro, i’m not just going to believe some random forum post.

OP, you come across as so bitter. The Halo 5 population matters to 343 but it should only matter to players when you can’t find a game. Heaven knows I’ve been a fan of many games where it’s hard to keep the community alive. Halo 5 does a great job of getting you into a game fast, almost always with a solid connection. Post back when Halo 5 can’t sustain a playlist and it will be interesting then.

Please provide a link. I’m curious to know how people find out if it is in the top 10 most played.

> 2533274842710005;3:
> > 2533274942950547;2:
> > It’s in my top 10 played.
>
>
> WOWZA, what an critical and interesting analysis of my post. You seem to be a quite intelligent poster that has blessed me with an mind-expanding comment, thank you for contributing to the conversation /s.

I hit submit a bit too early. Now, reread my comment and drop the condescending tone.

> 2535449192333956;9:
> Please provide a link. I’m curious to know how people find out if it is in the top 10 most played.

Go to the Games tab on Xbox live then click on all “Browse all games”, then scroll down to “Most Played”. This section is constantly updated, refreshes, and pools from every Xbox One title.

> 2745721379973487;8:
> OP, you come across as so bitter. The Halo 5 population matters to 343 but it should only matter to players when you can’t find a game. Heaven knows I’ve been a fan of many games where it’s hard to keep the community alive. Halo 5 does a great job of getting you into a game fast, almost always with a solid connection. Post back when Halo 5 can’t sustain a playlist and it will be interesting then.

You DO REALIZE you “get into games fast” is completely due to Halo 5’s lack of play-lists/game types, right?.
Go play some Halo REACH. 5 or 6 year old game, two games ago in the Halo series and it has 4x’s the amount of play-lists/game types and one is never waiting there too.
You do the math :wink:

Yeah, don’t blame me, I play everyday.

I would have to guess that concidering the xb1 is lagging behind ps4, less potentiality.

I also feel lack of fully social areas is also a big one. I have a few friends that wont play it solo at all. If they are missing even a single spot they wont play. And generally j dont go in with them either because my rank is much higher and it isnt enjoyable for them to play people higher. Generally they are high gold, low diamond. Im mid platinum in team slayer.

Also, as a side note, thwre are MANY high caliber games this season, more than I can remember in a small dose of time. I got about 7 just the last 2 months, and usually get maybe 10 a year total. Also qe have a new star wars, and fall out game ontop of the usual cod game. And the yearl6 sports game are a given as well.

I see the fact its still in the the top 10 as a good thing! With everything that’s been coming out, it’s still on the list.

Seriously though 343 juat makeba ranked and social playliat, then select what playlist. Might have a lot more people. If I dont want to play to either rank up, or increase my kd, I will play something else. Or if my room is really cold.

Feel free to use the population thread.