Halo 5 Not in top 5 most played games on Xbox

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or post about forum moderation.</mark>

Halo 5’s current peak population is between: 26k to 8k players, and is currently 8th on the most played XBL store.
What an absolute failure, this is exactly the same as what happened with Halo 4. Lack of content and just things to do in this game is the main contribute to the dwindeling population. Their sustain plan didn’t seem to work out as 343i hoped, if you don’t what the sustain plan is, it’s basically where they take core features from the game such as Forge, BTB, game-modes etc and then add them later as ‘FREE’ DLC over a period of time.
Halo 5 is currently the 8th most played game, behind Destiny, GTA 5, and most of the new games. If you think one new warzone map, a remix of Plaza, a bunch of REQ’s you’ll probably never get and a Forge mode which the average gamer doesn’t care or use, is going to change anything, you’re are in another world. The most it will do is a boost of population for about 2 weeks max before it goes back down.
Also can’t wait to how long it takes for this thread to be locked by our lovely Waypoint mods, the latest record was 5 minutes.

> I’m not surprised… The game itself is a lot of fun, but there’s an extreme lack of things to do. The game shipped with, what, 4 gametypes? Slayer (and its variants), CTF, Strongholds and Warzone. 5, if you could Warzone Assault. There’s no Forge yet either. Things get repetitive, fast.
> 343i just doesn’t seem to be able to do anything right, since they don’t understand their community or the franchise that they’re working with. They think that they know everything and refuse to consider that we may want more out of their game. I mean, they told us that there isn’t a demand for Firefight! That’s one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard anybody say, especially since Firefight was a huge thing in Reach. Many people were sad and even angry that it was not included in Halo 4. And people even asked if there would be a PvE mode in Halo 5 at launch! And what was their reasoning for removing, you know, all of the gametypes? And then, they let somebody like Brian Reed be the lead writer of the game, after they cancelled his little pet project, Spartan Ops? People loved the idea of Spartan Ops, but their biggest complaint was the story. So their logic was to take this bad story writer and give him control of a full game?
> …Right.
> I get that 343i is doing well with all of the free content that they’re releasing, which is nice. But at the same time, I think they’re just driving themselves further into a hole that they can’t escape. For every good move they make, they make two bad ones. I think they’ve gotten to the point where they’ve permanently killed Halo. Halo 5 was their do or die, and they didn’t quite “do” nearly as well as they should have. - Hotrod192

Who really cares? A game doesn’t have to be popular in order for me to play and enjoy it. Sorry if H5 isn’t trendy enough for you.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> Who really cares? A game doesn’t have to be popular in order for me to play and enjoy it. Sorry if H5 isn’t trendy enough for you.

Needs to be popular to get many more playlists in the mix. Good luck with that. You’re already approaching a sub 20,000 population. When will you realize that this does affect you? When you can’t play a -Yoinking!- match? When there are only 5 playlists…oh wait.

There is only one thing we, the Community, can do: Keep playing. The problem is that many people just leave the game because there is a low population. Keep playing dudes! (And add playlists, 343)

inb4lock

As always, I’m no surprised with the low population counts.

Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.

> 2533274885566464;4:
> There is only one thing we, the Community, can do: Keep playing. The problem is that many people just leave the game because there is a low population. Keep playing dudes! (And add playlists, 343)

I’m not playing cause it’s -Yoinking!- boring as hell. I don’t feel like playing Team Slayer on The Rig, or Warzone on Stormbreak for the hundredth time, when i could be playing games with way more content like Black ops 3 and Fallout 4.

> 2533274833571519;6:
> Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.

I “liked” your post, because someone who asks one of the only 25,000 others left to leave really needs a little help holding up this heavy mirror.

> 2533274833571519;6:
> Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.

“You critique a game cause you love the game and you want it to be successful”.

I won’t leave because I love Halo, sorry if i hurt you’re precious feelings but atm Halo 5’s potential is being completely wasted due to 343i’s poor judgment and management. The gameplay is there, the features and content are not. You take away the great gameplay, and you’re left with a 100% shallow experience with boring, repetitive maps, lackluster game-modes and playlists, and overall nothing to do in it

> 2533274946634226;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > Who really cares? A game doesn’t have to be popular in order for me to play and enjoy it. Sorry if H5 isn’t trendy enough for you.
>
>
> Needs to be popular to get many more playlists in the mix. Good luck with that. You’re already approaching a sub 20,000 population. When will you realize that this does affect you? When you can’t play a -Yoinking!- match? When there are only 5 playlists…oh wait.

I have never had trouble finding games in any Halo game. Even H4 long after every one deemed it “dead” I was playing and finding games.

In my opinion,

It’s because 343 are so concerned about stamping their own brand on Halo, they’ve abandoned most things Bungie did right in the process…

There were so many things that didn’t need changing that have…They remove features at launch yet push the REQ system from to go?

Did people genuinely want the REQ system compared to a 1-50 ranking system, forge on launch, etc?

I don’t care if it’s not top five, there are still plenty of people playing and I have no problems finding matches. You provided no constructive criticism, you just said it’s pathetic it’s not in the top five. I see you post non stop negative things which just looks like you want to bash on halo and 343. Threads like this do nothing to help.

> 2533274946634226;8:
> > 2533274833571519;6:
> > Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.
>
>
> I “liked” your post, because someone who asks one of the only 25,000 others left to leave really needs a little help holding up this heavy mirror.

Because this waypoint community is the majority of the halo population… And losing one person who clearly doesn’t like the game is going to completely kill it… Mirror so heavy…

> 2533274889016000;11:
> In my opinion,
>
> It’s because 343 are so concerned about stamping their own brand on Halo, they’ve abandoned most things Bungie did right in the process…
>
> There were so many things that didn’t need changing that have…They remove features at launch yet push the REQ system from to go?
>
> Did people genuinely want the REQ system compared to a 1-50 ranking system, forge on launch, etc?

Exactly, i can’t imagine how much of their resources went in to buliding Warzone maps alone. Why do you think all of BTB’s maps including the ones coming in the december update are Forge, or why Theater is so laughably lackluster and broken? It’s cause it wasn’t a ‘priority’ for 343i. Even Arena seems to be lacking.

> 2533274889016000;11:
> In my opinion,
>
> It’s because 343 are so concerned about stamping their own brand on Halo, they’ve abandoned most things Bungie did right in the process…
>
> There were so many things that didn’t need changing that have…They remove features at launch yet push the REQ system from to go?
>
> Did people genuinely want the REQ system compared to a 1-50 ranking system, forge on launch, etc?

Of course not but the lore and Microsoft said to do it…you just can’t get kills…you’re evolveless…something along those lines (trolls: I’ve got this one).

I’m beginning to truly believe 343 refuses to return to what worked because of an ego issue. That’s the only thing that makes any sense seeing how profits are also beginning to take the same dive that player pop counts have been enduring for quite some time.

There are more games than ever now, this isn’t the days when halo was the only thing worth playing on Xbox live anymore.

And also this doesn’t matter. All that matters is that there are enough people playing to easily find matches.

> 2533274833571519;12:
> I don’t care if it’s not top five, there are still plenty of people playing and I have no problems finding matches. You provided no constructive criticism, you just said it’s pathetic it’s not in the top five. I see you post non stop negative things which just looks like you want to bash on halo and 343. Threads like this do nothing to help.

So we should all ignore the big issue here and pretend Halo is in a good position right now? Okay now some of you Waypoint fanboys are getting a little ridiculous now. The biggest XBOX One exclusive that was hyped beyond believe is now 8th placed behind games that came out over a year ago, just one month after Halo 5 came out. Wake up, Halo is dying because of 343i’s poor decision making.

> 2533274946634226;8:
> > 2533274833571519;6:
> > Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.
>
>
> I “liked” your post, because someone who asks one of the only 25,000 others left to leave really needs a little help holding up this heavy mirror.

Damn man who peed in your Cheerios this morning? Go do something constructive…go outside, hug an old lady…stop -Yoinking!- in every thread about how this game sucks…it’s a great game.

People will complain about any thing and every thing. Top ten isn’t good enough… Now not being in the top five isn’t good enough… If it was say #4 or #5 people would say oh it’s not in the top 3 booo… … I bet if the game was in the top 3 or #1 there would be complaints about the population being to big and too many scrubs playing or whatever… complain complain complain…

> 2604983891615163;18:
> > 2533274946634226;8:
> > > 2533274833571519;6:
> > > Why are you here? You obviously don’t like halo 5 or 343, just leave already? Or do you have some disorder where you can only feel satisfaction by putting down a video game? Are you gonna high five yourself when it’s no longer in the top ten? Just kinda pathetic man.
> >
> >
> > I “liked” your post, because someone who asks one of the only 25,000 others left to leave really needs a little help holding up this heavy mirror.
>
>
> Damn man who peed in your Cheerios this morning? Go do something constructive…go outside, hug an old lady…stop -Yoinking!- in every thread about how this game sucks…it’s a great game.

OH the irony, dude you’re killing me. I don’t even. You realize you’re telling someone to go outside and do something productive on a Halo forum, come on now at least come up with a proper counter-argument instead of just insulting them. Plus no one pisses in a bowl of Cheerio’s, ever.