Halo 5 NOT based on trailers

I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?

and that’s why they used #HuntTheTruth
the campaign was a little disapointing because it was far from the trailers…

neither the comics.

Oh my god! Now you’re gonna tell me that the sky is blue. Or that Master Chiefs armor is green! Did it really take you over 4 months to realize it?

None of the advertising for the game was accurate to the game itself but nobody would have given a -Yoink- if they advertised that you’d only get to play as Chief in 3 missions.

> 2533274922424373;4:
> Oh my god! Now you’re gonna tell me that the sky is blue. Or that Master Chiefs armor is green! Did it really take you over 4 months to realize it?

well I just got the game a few weeks ago! lol

> 2533275018311307;1:
> I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?

I think Halo 5 is the beginning of that story. Locke will hunt Chief in the next couple games. Halo 5 lays the reason why Chief and Locke will be on opposite sides, which is Cortana. Of course, Cortana went nuts and the Chief will not side with her in this plan of using the Guardians to dominate the galaxy. But the Chief and UNSC/ONI may have different ideas about how to deal with her. Maybe Master Chief will decide that the only way to stop Cortana is to pretend to be in her side, so that he can take her when her guard is down, and becoming an enemy to UNSC is the only way she will believe that he had turned to her side.

> 2533274802574490;5:
> None of the advertising for the game was accurate to the game itself but nobody would have given a -Yoink- if they advertised that you’d only get to play as Chief in 3 missions.

Yeah.
We have had games that don’t focus on the Chief before (ODST, Reach, Wars).
If they had come out right off the bat and said;
“This was gonna be Fireteam Osiris’ story. Chief will be in it here and there and you will get to play as him for a couple of missions, but the game is mostley about Osiris.”
People would have been cool with it, and enjoyed it for what it was. Rather than getting the game and flipping.

Yeah…the trailers were more like to makes us notice the Hunt the Truth story.

> 2533274938827434;7:
> > 2533275018311307;1:
> > I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?
>
>
> I think Halo 5 is the beginning of that story. Locke will hunt Chief in the next couple games. Halo 5 lays the reason why Chief and Locke will be on opposite sides, which is Cortana. Of course, Cortana went nuts and the Chief will not side with her in this plan of using the Guardians to dominate the galaxy. But the Chief and UNSC/ONI may have different ideas about how to deal with her. Maybe Master Chief will decide that the only way to stop Cortana is to pretend to be in her side, so that he can take her when her guard is down, and becoming an enemy to UNSC is the only way she will believe that he had turned to her side.

The only problem is in Halo 5, Locke says to Chief like “we aren’t here to fight you we’re here to help”.

> 2533275018311307;10:
> > 2533274938827434;7:
> > > 2533275018311307;1:
> > > I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?
> >
> >
> > I think Halo 5 is the beginning of that story. Locke will hunt Chief in the next couple games. Halo 5 lays the reason why Chief and Locke will be on opposite sides, which is Cortana. Of course, Cortana went nuts and the Chief will not side with her in this plan of using the Guardians to dominate the galaxy. But the Chief and UNSC/ONI may have different ideas about how to deal with her. Maybe Master Chief will decide that the only way to stop Cortana is to pretend to be in her side, so that he can take her when her guard is down, and becoming an enemy to UNSC is the only way she will believe that he had turned to her side.
>
>
> The only problem is in Halo 5, Locke says to Chief like “we aren’t here to fight you we’re here to help”.

but you have a valid theory. it could have just been a “for the moment” thing.

See, the way I see it is if the story was really good not a single person would care or care as much about the advertisement. That is just the problem though to most people and critics the story was not good at all so the advertisement ends beong a big problem.

I am glad you enjoyed however.

> 2533274938827434;7:
> > 2533275018311307;1:
> > I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?
>
>
> I think Halo 5 is the beginning of that story. Locke will hunt Chief in the next couple games. Halo 5 lays the reason why Chief and Locke will be on opposite sides, which is Cortana. Of course, Cortana went nuts and the Chief will not side with her in this plan of using the Guardians to dominate the galaxy. But the Chief and UNSC/ONI may have different ideas about how to deal with her. Maybe Master Chief will decide that the only way to stop Cortana is to pretend to be in her side, so that he can take her when her guard is down, and becoming an enemy to UNSC is the only way she will believe that he had turned to her side.

You’re looking way too far into this man.It was false advertising.Plain and simple.

You guys should watch The halo late night gaming. The guy who does all of the videos talks about the story and he doesn’t like Brian Reed. But in his last 2 videos, he said that it wasn’t all his fault and Microsoft had some influence. You should check them out of you want to know what probably happened behind the scenes.

> 2533274938827434;7:
> > 2533275018311307;1:
>
>

Dude, if Chief acknowledges she is a threat and dangerous in Halo 5 and yet still tries to pal around with her then he is a -Yoink-. People need to come off the idea Locke is still going to hunt Chief, there is no point to that anymore.

I think honestly they just realised a little late this wasn’t going to work if they wanted both of them in the next games. They probly wanted Locke to become one of the new favorites, a character of their origins instead of bungie’s Chief…but almost no one is going to take Locke over the Chief and would probly want Locke to die off. So new story! They both become good guys in the quest to liberate the galaxy once again. Not saying I don’t like that story.

They basically used #HuntTheTruth, Spartan Ops, False Advertising, to Hype up Halo 5 to boost pre-orders months before the game came out. In fact, you could pre-order Halo 5 before you could pre-order the MCC.

Kinda glad it didn’t. I didn’t really like the “hunt the truth” stuff. Thought it was dumb.

I noticed it right away, Locke was suppose to be a UNSC assasin turned into a Sparton for a hidden agenda political faction hiding catastrophic anomilies. The MC and his team was to be hunting for and finding the truth. Locke was suppose to die while the MC saved the outer reaches against UNSC orders. Unfortunatly, I cant say why it all changed, make to many upset, maybe,;~}ps, sending red team because the MC missed role call, now that is ironicaly funny,lol, not! Also, I can say Cortona was to help the Cheif, but first the UNSC corruption. Mayb next Halo, huh. Also Scottie is very expensive, hint.

> 2533274818114287;13:
> > 2533274938827434;7:
> > > 2533275018311307;1:
> > > I found that halo 5 didn’t really focus on the topic of Locke hunting Chief. I had a short mental rage fest when I thought about this but then realized the story was good. any comments on this?
> >
> >
> > I think Halo 5 is the beginning of that story. Locke will hunt Chief in the next couple games. Halo 5 lays the reason why Chief and Locke will be on opposite sides, which is Cortana. Of course, Cortana went nuts and the Chief will not side with her in this plan of using the Guardians to dominate the galaxy. But the Chief and UNSC/ONI may have different ideas about how to deal with her. Maybe Master Chief will decide that the only way to stop Cortana is to pretend to be in her side, so that he can take her when her guard is down, and becoming an enemy to UNSC is the only way she will believe that he had turned to her side.
>
>
> You’re looking way too far into this man.It was false advertising.Plain and simple.

I do not appreciate this act of downsizing. he has merit for coming up with a theory.