Halo 5 new story details!!!!

in case any body missed it this description was relased on the microsoft store:

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted.

my guess is the precursors come back and start to “reclaim” (eh eh?) their galaxy and start to purge everyone, even the humans as the didact states “you have not inherited the mantle” this to me would be awesome if the precursors come back and start killing everything.

im very intrigued and impressed with 343 for not going with a boring plot, however i feel very sorry for people who have not read the books, overall im exited!

If these story details are real, then this sounds like it will make for a pretty sick game.

Franky has confirmed via NeoGaf that this description is actually an ignorant-to-the-Halo-story MS employee’s interpretation of the trailer.

It’s taken down from the microsoft store already. The story may be something similar, but that description is bogus.

nooooooooo :frowning:

> nooooooooo :frowning:

I feel you, man. I was all excited for the Flood/Precursors returning but TBH we should have realized it was wrong ourselves because of the whole “mysterious chip” part. The chip wasn’t mysterious at all, it was obviously Cortana’s chip.

> > nooooooooo :frowning:
>
> I feel you, man. I was all excited for the Flood/Precursors returning but TBH we should have realized it was wrong ourselves because of the whole “mysterious chip” part. The chip wasn’t mysterious at all, it was obviously Cortana’s chip.

its not that chip was destroyed at the end of halo 4, the didact destroys the plinth it was in, so it is a mystery.

> > nooooooooo :frowning:
>
> I feel you, man. I was all excited for the Flood/Precursors returning but TBH we should have realized it was wrong ourselves because of the whole “mysterious chip” part. <mark>The chip wasn’t mysterious at all, it was obviously Cortana’s chip.</mark>

Not like it disintegrated or anything.

> > > nooooooooo :frowning:
> >
> > I feel you, man. I was all excited for the Flood/Precursors returning but TBH we should have realized it was wrong ourselves because of the whole “mysterious chip” part. <mark>The chip wasn’t mysterious at all, it was obviously Cortana’s chip.</mark>
>
> Not like it disintegrated or anything.

I think that a lot of aspects of the teaser trailer (mainly that and the cape) are symbolic to Jon’s emotional state and won’t appear in the final game.

EDIT: As in, they’re non-canon.

> I think that a lot of aspects of the teaser trailer (mainly that and the cape) are symbolic to Jon’s emotional state and won’t appear in the final game.
>
> EDIT: As in, they’re non-canon.

I hope the cloak is just symbolic. If he’s hiding from something, a cloak isn’t going to really do anything when you’re wandering around on the Ark.

Cortana’s chip seems to be symbolic too, like you said, but it might end up appearing in the game anyway. It’s not like John can’t grab another data chip to symbolize hers.

> > I think that a lot of aspects of the teaser trailer (mainly that and the cape) are symbolic to Jon’s emotional state and won’t appear in the final game.
> >
> > EDIT: As in, they’re non-canon.
>
> I hope the cloak is just symbolic. If he’s hiding from something, a cloak isn’t going to really do anything when you’re wandering around on the Ark.
>
> Cortana’s chip seems to be symbolic too, like you said, but it might end up appearing in the game anyway. It’s not like John can’t grab another data chip to symbolize hers.

Also true.

id like it if that happened and the humans and elites allied up again and tats when the arby comes back and chief and him have to stop them :slight_smile: