Halo 5 needs to revolutionize gaming again

Personally I feel it’s time for Halo to revolutionize gaming again, it needs something really unique and innovative again that will blow us and the whole gaming community away without losing the Halo feeling we have since Halo CE.

What would you like to see in Halo 5 that we have never seen in any Halo game before?

> What would you like to see in Halo 5 that we have never seen in any Halo game before?

> Halo 5 needs to revolutionize gaming again

You seem to think that adding in features that other franchises already have will revolutionize the gaming industry.

Also, nothing. Spectator mode is a must, obviously, but otherwise there’s absolutely nothing Halo can do to “revolutionize” anything.

It seems really hard to innovate these days let alone “revolutionize”. I hope 343 knows what they’re doing.

Halo 2 style “Ammo Pack” pick ups that modify how the weapon functions for one magazine’s worth of shots.

For example:

In SWAT, players could pick up an Ammo Pack of “Subsonic Rounds” for their Battle Rifle. This would silence their shots until they reloaded their BR.

In Team Snipers, players could pick up an Ammo Pack of “Smokeless Rounds” for their Sniper Rifle. This would remove the smoke trails left hanging in the air until they reloaded their Sniper Rifle.

Pick ups that modify a player’s traits.

For example:

Scout Boots - increased movement speed while crouched

Reactive Belt - increased resistance to explosive damage

“Vehicle Attachment” pick ups that modify a vehicle’s traits.

For example:

Super Charger - quicker acceleration

Insulated Electronics - reduced EMP stall duration

They need to go back to what made Halo great and not forcing foreign mechanics down fan’s throats which seems like they are learning from what we keep hearing. Obviously spectator mode is greatly appreciated but that request has been beaten to death so I’ll pass on explaining.

We need an upgraded forge. Terrain editor, weather, and day/night cycle along with various pallets. We don’t need multiple maps. Simply a blank canvas can work if we had these new features.

Bring back in game leaderboards from Halo 2. Seems like they’re doing that with MCC. From fastest campaign times to amount of kills in MM and even a Trueskill leaderboard would be nice.

Other features that have been cut like campaign theater and scoring, game types like juggernaut, VIP, and assault, game type options.

I agree. Im tired of long range battles. Spartan abilities gives me hope for a CQC based fps, with dual wielding back. The amount of variety possible in the sandbox is enough to make Halo unique. It’s possible.

Halo 5 can make a splash in the industry by being an FPS that isn’t about custom loadouts or unlockable perks and SUCCEED.

If Halo actually resembles a Halo game, it will be the only game of it’s type on the console. It is by far the most skillful FPS on console right now, and I’m referring to H3, not H4 or Reach because those all lost the competitive scene for Halo. The Halo games that were actually not anywhere similar to the other FPS games that diluted the FPS scene were one of a kind. The only thing similar to them were other Halo games and they dominated the xbox until the next Halo game came out.

Massive Battlles

Space combat to go along with the FPS Elements in the multiplayer

It’s very unlikely that Halo 5 will revolutionize anything. We have reached a point in the gaming industry where the best has already been achieved.

A great way for 343 to make Halo 5 a major competitor again is to return Halo to it’s arena gameplay roots. There are ways of doing this without making a Halo 2.5 or Halo 3.5.

The way I see it, If Halo 5 came out and slapped other shooters in the face with it’s epic Campaign, It’s Skill based multiplayer and it’s vast array of custom options and additional features.

Halo doesn’t need to change anything to be great. It just needs to be Halo. And that will draw attention.

> It’s very unlikely that Halo 5 will revolutionize anything. We have reached a point in the gaming industry where <mark>the best has already been achieved.</mark>

Do not underestimate the best. You’d be surprised what can be accomplished from 128 hours of constant brainstorming.

I want the forge to be near perfect, I do realize 343 needs to sell dlc like any other game company but forge affects the: multiplayer for matchmaking, custom games and theater mode especially those machinima artists who want to make a good forge map to go with the scenery of there machinimas. If its anything 343 should dedicate some time to forge. I already seen possibilities that are in the current halo games on xbox 360 that have no problem running on Xbox one so if its any change here I think it should be a legendary forge. Who agrees?

Honestly, if they bring back dual wielding and spartan abilities turn out to be awesome then their could be SO much variety to the gameplay it would be unique to other fps games.
If it plays like Reach or Halo 4 (long ranger boring/frustrating warfare) then no.
They just need to go back to the roots, with a new age feel.

If 343 adds to a Halo game nothing that has never, ever been in any first-person shooter game before, I will cry tears of joy, set my car on fire, and eat my sofa.

Halo CE was 13 years ago. Every mechanic since then has been in another game. It isn’t ‘copying’, like some people like to flip out on Halo 4 for. It is very hard to come up with a completely original idea in today’s modern gaming community, especially in first-person shooter.

Alright, I might cry, but that other stuff… I’m not making any promises…

They don’t need to add anything. (they should actually remove lots of -Yoink-)
They just need to build upon classic Halo gameplay.
Spartan abilities intrigue me and give me hope :slight_smile:

I highly doubt Halo can revolutionize anything in this day and age.

Give me a refreshed melee system. The Pistol Whip is ancient and stuck in the past. Halo, and its fans, deserve better. Assassinations were a decent try at combat evolved there, though it needs tweaking (specifically, a toggle). Here’s what I propose for Guardians:

2-4 button combos, all within the amount of time it takes to perform a Reach or H4 assassination. Take too long and you miss your opportunity. We don’t want to extend gameplay here, just make it more intense and interesting.

Let the camera jump out to third person, like a Reach or H4 assassination. Show us those awesome XB1 graphics and character animations. We all know Chief is capable of wicked MMA/UFC style hand to hand combat… we deserve to see it and play with it.

A punch, a kick, a grapple, maybe a parry. Not much is needed, because it’s going to be quick. But hopefully the XB1 can give us more than just the same tired animation.

And, of course, back of the head beatdowns and assassinations should remain.

> Halo 2 style “Ammo Pack” pick ups that modify how the weapon functions for one magazine’s worth of shots.
> For example:
> In SWAT, players could pick up an Ammo Pack of “Subsonic Rounds” for their Battle Rifle. This would silence their shots until they reloaded their BR.
> In Team Snipers, players could pick up an Ammo Pack of “Smokeless Rounds” for their Sniper Rifle. This would remove the smoke trails left hanging in the air until they reloaded their Sniper Rifle.
> Pick ups that modify a player’s traits.
> For example:
> Scout Boots - increased movement speed while crouched
> Reactive Belt - increased resistance to explosive damage
> “Vehicle Attachment” pick ups that modify a vehicle’s traits.
> For example:
> Super Charger - quicker acceleration
> Insulated Electronics - reduced EMP stall duration

Nothing revolutionary about those at all.

The use-once ammo packs are just pick up weapon mods essentially. And don’t do anything except offer a littler variation in customs, because you won’t be seeing things in MM much as they offer little but muddling up the balance of equal start weapons.

The pick up modifiers on player traits are extremely similar in fashion to something Halo used to have when it played a lot better. Power up spheres. Remember Invis? Overshield? Custom Power up? And while not revolutionary they should in fact return once again because they worked very well within the previous games. They could easily return even better than before with much more customizable options.
Granted what you are proposing sounds more like pick up perks anyways. Nothing special about that.

Revolutionary concepts would be like bending genre by (people hate it but w/e gonna say it anyways) adding button combos to attacks. Like giving depth to melee by doing quick combos. Problem is it more than likely would become a rock-paper-scissors scenario and it would have to take no more time than current beat downs do. So combo to combo fighting that takes place within the time constraint of beating down twice. Double beat downs are lame so it would remove the stale game play of two people dying at once.
Again, so much work to make this work within a small time constraint to prevent gameplay flow damage and not making it a simple, “combo a beats b beats c beats a” kind of thing.

Perhaps they could approach the golden triangle and make it a golden square. But what would the fourth corner of multiplayer be? People could already argue vehicles are. But I’d say if you find a fourth real corner that incorporates into all things: weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc and plays nicely with the other three you have your revolutionary concept.

Equipment was kind of there? But it stalled gameplay and ruined map flow. Armor abilities do the same but made worse when everyone has one. Perks and vehicle/wep mods are just a big fat no and made the game boring for most people.
Honestly I just can’t see what you could do.

> I highly doubt Halo can revolutionize anything in this day and age.

Did it ever though? What does it even mean to “revolutionize” things? Do you have to implement some crazy new mechanic? And if so, how do you do that and still keep the game “feeling like Halo”.

> The pick up modifiers on player traits are extremely similar in fashion to something Halo used to have when it played a lot better. Power up spheres. Remember Invis? Overshield? Custom Power up? And while not revolutionary they should in fact return once again because they worked very well within the previous games. They could easily return even better than before with much more customizable options.

We still have those.