HALO 5 needs to fix their matchmaking

Before anyone comments “that’s what a clan, team or friends are for,” note this is solo swat/team slayer. I’ll place diamond 1 every season then go down to platinum 3. Why the hell do I constantly get gold ranked teammates going against diamond/onix. (You can check my arena history) I’ve screenshot so many end of game stats too. This broken rank system is like saying you got to 45-50 in h3 now here’s a bunch of 20’s go face other 40’s to 50’s. I’m not exaggerating either. I’ll be the only diamond on my team. They are gold 1 to 5 on average. How the F*CK do they even get paired up? Hope they fix this in H6. Ever since 343 took over the franchise just went to crap. Yes some nice features exist, but matchmaking just tanked for me

I checked your game history for the past 10 swat games or so. The only time you matched onyx players was one match. It was two golds and two platinums against a gold, two platinums, and ONE SINGLE ONYX. I think you need to stop exaggerating. The majority of your matches have been golds and platinums against golds and platinums, and everything looks like you’re getting balanced matches.

Usually its fireteams with a smurf low rank to get easier games so solo searchers get screwed.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274950960631;2:
> I checked your game history for the past 10 swat games or so. The only time you matched onyx players was one match. It was two golds and two platinums against a gold, two platinums, and ONE SINGLE ONYX. I think you need to stop exaggerating. The majority of your matches have been golds and platinums against golds and platinums, and everything looks like you’re getting balanced matches.

Start from season start where I placed diamond then gal further down. 11th game of swat and slayer. Moron

> 2533274805919869;3:
> Usually its fireteams with a smurf low rank to get easier games so solo searchers get screwed.

Pretty much the story of my MM experience this season. Very frustrating. I get legit golds/plats on my team and go up against smurfs of the same rank.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

Here’s my thing, smurfs will happen. I’m talking true stat breakdown. People I go up against have obtained higher ranks, their accuracy isn’t too hot, usually 35-50. Their K/D is positive.
Thats my main thing. How is a match balanced? I know you have K/D/A , hidden CSR along with a few other variables.
Again my problem. This season I’ll be pos 1.5-1.6 in swat. I’ll face a team who all average 1.2+ K/D (swat to ignore assist) my team will all be negative this season. Low rank too. Even those close to mine average .967 k/D.
Now that I’ve said that, again why do I get matched up with low ranked teammates facing not total trash. My K/D goes up and rank down…

Finally for the special part of the class who say it looked balanced… fully investigate before sounding dumb. I try to find areas to improve all the time, that’s why I know my teams stats along with opponents.

And here we go with yet another thread questioning the results of using visible CSR as a basis for matchmaking. When that’s all players see after matches they have nothing else to associate with a match perceived as unbalanced. In Josh’s latest MM update he’s said he would like to post total Team MMRs (what you never see, and what is actually used to match teams) as well as player CSR after matches. Hopefully those will shed more light on the relative closeness of overall team skill than individual CSRs. Also, by now most people know smurf boosting has always been a problem in Swat. In the absence of any serious consequences, it appears that is a game strategy that 343 and MS seem to be ok with. There is no shortage of threads on that subject either. Actually at this point in the game’s lifespan smurfs are so much the norm that players joke about figuring out who the latest “masked Champ” is that they’ve played against. It’s not so amusing to everyone, but there you have it. All of those factors work to skew the stats you observe when you try to work out the supposed balance of a match on your own and also messes up how the MM algorithm figures balance. All these threads are complaining about the unbalanced results.

> 2533274968722829;7:
> And here we go with yet another thread questioning the results of using visible CSR as a basis for matchmaking. When that’s all players see after matches they have nothing else to associate with a match perceived as unbalanced. In Josh’s latest MM update he’s said he would like to post total Team MMRs (what you never see, and what is actually used to match teams) as well as player CSR after matches. Hopefully those will shed more light on the relative closeness of overall team skill than individual CSRs. Also, by now most people know smurf boosting has always been a problem in Swat. In the absence of any serious consequences, it appears that is a game strategy that 343 and MS seem to be ok with. There is no shortage of threads on that subject either. Actually at this point in the game’s lifespan smurfs are so much the norm that players joke about figuring out who the latest “masked Champ” is that they’ve played against. It’s not so amusing to everyone, but there you have it. All of those factors work to skew the stats you observe when you try to work out the supposed balance of a match on your own and also messes up how the MM algorithm figures balance. All these threads are complaining about the unbalanced results.

The thing is…I don’t face smurfs or have smurf team. Just played champ 89 in swat. Believe he had a team of onyx. This time I had diamond/Onyx as team support. Won that match. I’ll say it again since it appears YOU can’t read…
I don’t get how my team (majority of the time) is negative this season in said playlist, also overall negative K/D now my opponents are positive this season, also overall positive … so why do I get the clearly losing team? I don’t smurf. My overall K/D is 1.6? Nothing good at all… that’s my problem with matchmaking.

> 2535428385032229;6:
> Finally for the special part of the class who say it looked balanced… fully investigate before sounding dumb. I try to find areas to improve all the time, that’s why I know my teams stats along with opponents.

Look at you, being all mature and constructive.

Feel free to use the MM feedback threads.