Halo 5 needs slower kill-times

As the title states, I think Halo 5 needs slower kill-times.
Why?
Because I feel it has become more of a twitch shooter where you have to rely on reflex and seeing your enemy first instead of a tactical arena shooter where out-strafing and out-gunning someone is more important.

That’s why I enjoyed the older Halo’s so much, someone could sneak up and try to get the jump on me but I’d end up out-gunning him because my aim was better.
In this modern Halo we have today I’d be dead anyways, regardless of my skill with the gun because he saw me first.

I think 343i is enforcing this reflex gameplay because of how popular the “CoD-formula” is.
Fast killtimes, sounds and effects everywhere, rewards for everything and the “bro-attitude”.

It saddens me because for me Halo was never about any of those things.
It was about feeling good when you kill someone, because that meant you were actually more skilled than that person.

That was the only reward you needed in older Halo games.

The BR can’t have a lower kill time due to Automatics (AR and SMG) being so powerful

> 2533274832130936;2:
> The BR can’t have a lower kill time due to Automatics (AR and SMG) being so powerful

I guess they should nerf them then?

Unfortunately nerfing the automatics would require 343 to drastically change the Smartscope feature, something I doubt they will do…

I completely agree that kill-times are too high, but 343 have completely shot themselves in the foot as far as this goes, adding in all of these fast movement options and keeping sprint has turned the game into a fast-paced generic shooter, in my opinion.

Seems fine to me. If somebody gets the drop on me I usually have a chance to take some sort of action

Thruster has no place at all if there’s slower kill times.

> 2533274922666376;4:
> Unfortunately nerfing the automatics would require 343 to drastically change the Smartscope feature, something I doubt they will do…
>
> I completely agree that kill-times are too high, but 343 have completely shot themselves in the foot as far as this goes, adding in all of these fast movement options and keeping sprint has turned the game into a fast-paced generic shooter, in my opinion.

I agree OP 100%, but sprint require shortkill times like thrusters require nukenades…

> 2533274922666376;4:
> Unfortunately nerfing the automatics would require 343 to drastically change the Smartscope feature, something I doubt they will do…
>
> I completely agree that kill-times are too high, but 343 have completely shot themselves in the foot as far as this goes, adding in all of these fast movement options and keeping sprint has turned the game into a fast-paced generic shooter, in my opinion.

This^
Yeah, 343i seem to “proud” to actually change something that doesn’t work.

It does, doesn’t it?
Halo 5 is all about the speed and adrenaline, like most modern shooters these days. No tactics, just run and gun.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> The BR can’t have a lower kill time due to Automatics (AR and SMG) being so powerful

Sure it can. Reduce the fire rate of all guns across the board - Done! Slower kill times while retaining balance.

If anything, quicker kill times and less aim assist and bullet magnetism. Why? Because the difference between optimal kill time and average kill time is where the aim skill gap is. This difference is what allows more talented players to challenge multiple opponents simultaneously and have the ability to still with the fight without relying on a team mate shooting with them. This is one of the aspects that made CE so amazing compared to the other Halo titles. This is what makes gunplay interested and rewarding.

Bullet magnet and aim assist is a give or take situation as it stands halo 5 has low aim assist and high bullet magnet and unusually big hit boxes from the norm if they slightly up the aim assist where it’s barely noticeable and remove bullet magnet and have the properly sized hitboxes the gameplay would be perfect in my opinion.

> 2537966040027981;12:
> Bullet magnet and aim assist is a give or take situation as it stands halo 5 has low aim assist and high bullet magnet and unusually big hit boxes from the norm if they slightly up the aim assist where it’s barely noticeable and remove bullet magnet and have the properly sized hitboxes the gameplay would be perfect in my opinion.

The sticky aim in Halo 5 is super noticeable already.

Remove more sticky aim, remove more aim magnetism, reduce the hitboxes.

Remove sprint, and up the movement speed.

This WILL increase the kill times, as well as make the game more Halo.

I agree, but that also means less of a chance at killing people who ever dashing and sprinting. The high kill times are to counter the high mobility.

> 2533274805230315;13:
> > 2537966040027981;12:
> > Bullet magnet and aim assist is a give or take situation as it stands halo 5 has low aim assist and high bullet magnet and unusually big hit boxes from the norm if they slightly up the aim assist where it’s barely noticeable and remove bullet magnet and have the properly sized hitboxes the gameplay would be perfect in my opinion.
>
>
> The sticky aim in Halo 5 is super noticeable already.
>
> Remove more sticky aim, remove more aim magnetism, reduce the hitboxes.
>
> Remove sprint, and up the movement speed.
>
> This WILL increase the kill times, as well as make the game more Halo.

I like this ^
Halo was always being skilled with aiming, if the game has a lot of bullet magnetism and aim assist you don’t really have to concentrate on aiming.

Aiming should be the first thing you have to get good at.

I don’t agree with everything in this thread, but I do agree with slower kill times. A slight bump in HEALTH and increase in spread for the BR would do the trick. Kill times would increase and headshots would be further rewarded, so precision weapons could remain 4-Shot, 5-Shot (They have ALWAYS been those). This would likely retain the good balance that the game has at the moment.

> 2613026033814511;6:
> Thruster has no place at all if there’s slower kill times.

Or they could scrap sprint and make movement speed 120%. Then link the thrusters to the shields instead. That way people would be less inclined to use thrusters in combat and sprint fans would still have a way to get around the map fast. Thruster pack.

> 2533274888709110;17:
> > 2613026033814511;6:
> > Thruster has no place at all if there’s slower kill times.
>
>
> Or they could scrap sprint and make movement speed 120%. Then link the thrusters to the shields instead. That way people would be less inclined to use thrusters in combat and sprint fans would still have a way to get around the map fast. Thruster pack.

Genius.

> 2592250499813579;10:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > The BR can’t have a lower kill time due to Automatics (AR and SMG) being so powerful
>
>
>
> Sure it can. Reduce the fire rate of all guns across the board - Done! Slower kill times while retaining balance.

Or you can just reduce the aim assist or increase bloom for the autos making it so you actually have to pulse the trigger at range so they don’t intrude on mid range so darn much and tweak those stupid smart scope benefits.

> 2533274874123128;1:
> As the title states, I think Halo 5 needs slower kill-times.
> Why?
> Because I feel it has become more of a twitch shooter where you have to rely on reflex and seeing your enemy first instead of a tactical arena shooter where out-strafing and out-gunning someone is more important.
>
> That’s why I enjoyed the older Halo’s so much, someone could sneak up and try to get the jump on me but I’d end up out-gunning him because my aim was better.
> In this modern Halo we have today I’d be dead anyways, regardless of my skill with the gun because he saw me first.
>
> I think 343i is enforcing this reflex gameplay because of how popular the “CoD-formula” is.
> Fast killtimes, sounds and effects everywhere, rewards for everything and the “bro-attitude”.
>
> It saddens me because for me Halo was never about any of those things.
> It was about feeling good when you kill someone, because that meant you were actually more skilled than that person.
>
> That was the only reward you needed in older Halo games.

Yet, I can outstrafe anyone that flanks me that I am better than. What game are all of you playing? Utilize thrusters and stop whining.