Halo 5 needs more advertisments

It occurred to me. Halo 5 is on a tough road. Xbox One isn’t selling too well. Huge competition during launch month. And fans leaving Halo from the MCC launch. The Xbox One’s best selling game sold 4 million or so I think. I predict Halo 5 to sell 4 million, and if its lucky 6 million (if it convinces people to buy the console). This is not good.

Lets take a moment Halo fans. Think back. Think back to the time when Halo was BIG. I was about 11 years old or so during the Halo 3 hype. That was intense. Halo 3 shook the world. TV news stations were talking about it, everyone knew what Halo was. Halo 1 sold 6 million, Halo 2 sold 8 million, Halo 3 sold 13 million. Halo was by far the biggest gaming series at its time. It ruled not only FPS but gaming in terms of popularity. I loved these days. There was a sense of pride in being a Halo fan. I could go to any friend in school and start up a convo with them about Halo. Were I to do that today, the response would be “what’s Halo?” “I’ve never played Halo, it probably is lame”. Circa 2007-2009 Halo was the king. But With CoD 4 and Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty stole Halo’s throne and became the best selling FPS and video game.

CoD has had a vicious history with Halo, stealing theatre mode, dual wielding, active camo, looking down and seeing your feet, splitscreen, vehicle battles, and many other things from it. But thats another story (although it is ironic how CoD adds splitscreen for the first time with BO3, at the same time Halo removes splitscreen for the first time with Halo 5. Another reason to predict low sales).

Looking at the launches of Halo games. Halo 4 did fairly well. It sold 8 million. Less than Halo 3, a bit less than Reach. But still decent. Unfortunately Halo 5 doesn’t seem to have much popularity behind it. If you look at youtube videos of Fallout 4, CoD BO3, or Battlefront 3. Check the view count. They are all over 10 million, easily. I commend one of Halo 5’s trailers for hitting 7 million, but sadly Halo has not only become less popular than CoD. But it is now less popular than Battlefield, Fallout, and Battlefront (not to say those are not great video game series, I bring this up to point out Halo’s decline in popularity).

Back in Halo’s prime 2007-2009 Halo was more popular than Fallout, more popular than CoD, you name it. Even Half Life 3 had less hype than Halo. But the tables have turned. Has Halo lost its relevance? Looking at Halo 5’s e3 campaign trailer it has a mere 400k views. That makes me sad. Black Ops 3 has 2m for e3, Fallout 4 2m, and Battlefront a huge 10m. Halo 5 hasn’t even hit 1m. I’m not listing these numbers for the sake of bragging rights, but to raise awareness. Halo’s popularity is going down the drain. Back in Halo 3’s era the world was hyped for a Halo movie. Look on youtube for the first 14 minutes of bungie’s scrapped Halo movie from 2009, you will see 14m views. Now that Halo is finally making films like Nightfall, Forward unto Dawn and a TV series, how much attention do you think its getting? Significantly less as Halo is no longer popular.

Halo 5 launches close BO3, Fallout 4, Battlefront AND Uncharted decided to purposely cut into Halo’s sales. On top of that the Xbox One has fairly low sales. And on top of that Halo MCC warded off some fans and newcomers with it’s matchmaking issues.

Because of all these things I fear Halo 5 will only sell 4 million, 6 million if lucky. Easily the worst selling Halo. I don’t want the fanbase to shrink, I don’t want its popularity to drop. And I don’t want Halo to loose it’s relevance amongst gamers. We are all Halo fans, I think we all feel the same way deep down.

So what can we do?

If 343 advertised the hell out of this game, like there was no tommarow (wich there isn’t) that would help alot. They need to get Game Fuel branded under Halo 5 for this year, before CoD BO3 can with it’s traitorous “PS4 exclusive content first” title (I have nothing against Playstation, but I do have everything against Activision’s devious E3 move leaving Xbox in the dust, and Halo along with it). I see video game ads on youtube and TV all the time. Mostly CoD, mostly Battlefield (which will now be Battlefront this year). I rarely see any Halo ones. Back in the day Halo 3 ads were everywhere. 343i, listen to me, for the sake of Halo’s life, relevance, and popularity. You guys need to ADVERTISE THE TRUCK out of this game! The walking dead Locke and Chief ad was great, but we need more of it. Halo is unique in FPS for its great story, soundtrack, and open environment and big vehicle battles. Show the world this in your ads. Put it on TV, on Busses, everywhere! Get Game Fuel branded as Halo 5. 343 if you don’t run marketing and Microsoft does, tell them to get off their butts because I haven’t seen too many Ads for Halo 5. Even Halo 4 was deprived of advertisement!

CoD, Fallout, and Dice’s games will smother up Halo’s attention and the series population will die out. The stakes are high. 4 million sales for Halo 5? Expect 2 million for Halo 6.

TLDR:
Bug 343 to advertise Halo 5 more, for the sake of Halo’s life.

Advertising costs money. Which can either boost sales or not really affect them and they lose money on advertising.

> 2535463261337659;2:
> Advertising costs money. Which can either boost sales or not really affect them and they loose money on advertising.

~Advertise Halo,
or let Halo die,
If you read my thread fully,
you will see why the stakes are high~

> 2535444539078749;3:
> > 2535463261337659;2:
> > Advertising costs money. Which can either boost sales or not really affect them and they loose money on advertising.
>
>
> ~Advertise Halo,
> or let Halo die,
> If you read my thread fully,
> you will see why the stakes are high~

I read the full thread, they are not required to advertise, however I am sure they will to an extent closer to launch.

Man that was a long read but a good one. I long for the days when Halo was huge and the king of FPS games but it doesn’t look so good for the series anymore. 343 went to great lengths to change the game around. Returning the game to it’s arena multiplayer roots with no loadouts or ordinance and creating an awesome campaign that is supposedly the least linear in Halo’s history. But they’re not showing it off enough to grab the attention of anyone who isn’t already interested. I agree, they need to advertise more, generate more hype and make the Halo name great again. I have been and still am very excited for the game but it’s sad to think Halo is dying and people just aren’t interested anymore.

> 2535463261337659;4:
> > 2535444539078749;3:
> > > 2535463261337659;2:
> > > Advertising costs money. Which can either boost sales or not really affect them and they loose money on advertising.
> >
> >
> > ~Advertise Halo,
> > or let Halo die,
> > If you read my thread fully,
> > you will see why the stakes are high~
>
>
> I read the full thread, they are not required to advertise, however I am sure they will to an extent closer to launch.

They better get Game Fuel branded under Halo 5. Thanks for reading btw.

I’m just saying 4 million sales is very unhealthy for Halo.

I agree it is not healthy, and I am not sure the effect getting Game Fuel branded under halo 5 would have as I am not necessarily one of those people that buys advertised drink products for games, but I am sure a lot of others do and that would help. Trailers and everything else are not cheap to make, but they could help. It really is up to 343i, and I am sure they have a plan laid out.

They shouldn’t hide features from us this late in, they really need to show us more, that is, if there is more. Warzone is great and I love it, but we still don’t know if we’re getting firefight or spartan ops or something else that could replace both those things. They’ve showed us some campaign, Warzone, and some traditional halo multiplayer. There just has to be more, im super hyped either way but if they want this to be the biggest halo ever they need to innovate more and include more stuff! Make the game packed full of stuff and they need to show it to us. Also a -Yoink- ton of ad’s would help. Microsoft has the money and in the end could make a huge profit.

I really wouldn’t worry about this one, OP.
Do you know what the most expensive advertising slot of all time is? This year’s Walking Dead finale. And you know what was slap bang in the middle of that? All Hail. MS isn’t afraid to shell out big time, they’re just waiting until it’s necessary. You don’t need new trailers right after E3.
Plus, given that H5 is sort of kicking off the pre-holiday games season, all MS/343 need to do is drop a killer trailer a few weeks before launch, everyone decides they can’t live without it, and suddenly other games are deprived of sales.

The warzone trailer has over 3m while Locke’s trailer has almost 8m, if that means anything.

> 2533274818876216;8:
> They shouldn’t hide features from us this late in, they really need to show us more, that is, if there is more. Warzone is great and I love it, but we still don’t know if we’re getting firefight or spartan ops or something else that could replace both those things. They’ve showed us some campaign, Warzone, and some traditional halo multiplayer. There just has to be more, im super hyped either way but if they want this to be the biggest halo ever they need to innovate more and include more stuff! Make the game packed full of stuff and they need to show it to us. Also a -Yoink- ton of ad’s would help. Microsoft has the money and in the end could make a huge profit.

Unfortunately, both firefight and spartan ops have both been confirmed to not be in the game. I’m hoping they have something to fill that gap though, as campaign and multiplayer would get a tad boring without some other solo/co-op mode.

> 2533274964465607;11:
> > 2533274818876216;8:
> > They shouldn’t hide features from us this late in, they really need to show us more, that is, if there is more. Warzone is great and I love it, but we still don’t know if we’re getting firefight or spartan ops or something else that could replace both those things. They’ve showed us some campaign, Warzone, and some traditional halo multiplayer. There just has to be more, im super hyped either way but if they want this to be the biggest halo ever they need to innovate more and include more stuff! Make the game packed full of stuff and they need to show it to us. Also a -Yoink- ton of ad’s would help. Microsoft has the money and in the end could make a huge profit.
>
>
> Unfortunately, both firefight and spartan ops have both been confirmed to not be in the game. I’m hoping they have something to fill that gap though, as campaign and multiplayer would get a tad boring without some other solo/co-op mode.

I don’t think the lack of firefight and spops has to do with the decline in popularity. But I empathize for fans of those modes. Splitscreen has always been a Halo social thing and helped with its popularity. Its a brilliant way to introduce non xbox owners to Halo when they visit a friend’s house. I don’t mean to be frank but removing splitscreen was just plain dumb. 343 has done many smart things and I must say many companies make mistakes. But 343 should know that removing split screen was definately one of them. There goes potential new fans, and as well as fans that like to play with siblings and family.

Heres the thing, despite our differences be it pro-sprint or anti-sprint. pro-splitscreen (sorry for my bias post above) or anti-splitscreen, Or pro-ect or anti-ect. We can all come together on this thread and agree that we WANT Halo to be successful. We love Halo, and want it to prosper. It’s popularity is going in the wrong direction. We need to make noise to Microsoft to turn it around.

I see 343i like a teenage son. You love them, you want them to succeed. Sometimes they do stupid things, but you always forgive them. And they do things that put a smile on your face and melt your heat. Some days your mad at them. Some days you are rooting for them. But in the end, you love them deep down.

> 2535444539078749;14:
> I see 343i like a teenage son. You love them, you want them to succeed. Sometimes they do stupid things, but you always forgive them. And they do things that put a smile on your face and melt your heat. Some days your mad at them. Some days you are rooting for them. But in the end, you love them deep down.

Sorry, but unless you have millions of dollars, it is unlikely to be able to change microsofts mind.

You’re comparing multi platform games to an exclusive. Not to mention that COD is ridiculously popular and people have been waiting a long time for a new Battlefront and Fallout.

What’s probably going to happen is that they’ll release small tidbits until launch is a few weeks away and then they’ll throw out some trailers (at least one live action). There really isn’t much more they can do. Those that were burned by the MCC will wait and check the reviews and the communities reaction until the buy it. Provided there’s no technical issues and that the arena fans are satisfied (if that’s possible), the game should do just fine. Also, from a players perspective, it doesn’t matter how many copies they sell if it can’t sustain a healthy player base.

> 2533274809788760;16:
> You’re comparing multi platform games to an exclusive. Not to mention that COD is ridiculously popular and people have been waiting a long time for a new Battlefront and Fallout.
>
> What’s probably going to happen is that they’ll release small tidbits until launch is a few weeks away and then they’ll throw out some trailers (at least one live action). There really isn’t much more they can do. Those that were burned by the MCC will wait and check the reviews and the communities reaction until the buy it. Provided there’s no technical issues and that the arena fans are satisfied (if that’s possible), then the game should do just fine. Also, from a players perspective, it doesn’t matter how many copies they sell if it can’t sustain a healthy player base.

The series popularity is going in a downwards trend. All fans should be concerned. COD is ridiculously popular, but Halo was ridiculously popular once too. Theres no reason it can’t reclaim its throne that COD now bears.

Halo has always been an exclusive, check. But Halo 3 (exclusive) crushed CoD multiplat in sales up until Modern Warfare 2. It’s social impact was far greater as well up until the “change of hats” as the Prophet of Truth would say.

Halo fans are like the Elites and the CoD fans are like the Brutes. The Prophets are the gaming society. The Prophets have kicked the Elites out of the Covenant and replaced them with the Brutes. What did the Elites do? Great Schism, they rose up. If we keep sitting Halo will crumble until it is nothing but glass… sorry “Glooosss” as said by Truth in the Halo 3 trailer, heh.

I do everything I can to get Halo 5 noticed by society, mentioning it in gaming discusions, ect. I wish there was more we could do.

> 2535444539078749;17:
> > 2533274809788760;16:
> > You’re comparing multi platform games to an exclusive. Not to mention that COD is ridiculously popular and people have been waiting a long time for a new Battlefront and Fallout.
> >
> > What’s probably going to happen is that they’ll release small tidbits until launch is a few weeks away and then they’ll throw out some trailers (at least one live action). There really isn’t much more they can do. Those that were burned by the MCC will wait and check the reviews and the communities reaction until the buy it. Provided there’s no technical issues and that the arena fans are satisfied (if that’s possible), then the game should do just fine. Also, from a players perspective, it doesn’t matter how many copies they sell if it can’t sustain a healthy player base.
>
>
> The series popularity is going in a downwards trend. All fans should be concerned. COD is ridiculously popular, but Halo was ridiculously popular once too. Theres no reason it can’t reclaim its throne that COD now bears.
>
> I do everything I can to get Halo 5 noticed by society, mentioning it in gaming discusions, ect. I wish there was more we could do.

Worst case scenario, future games become story focused, which could actually turn out alright as the Halo lore has a lot of potential.

For now, the only thing that is certain is that this forum will be full of complaints when the game releases no matter how good it is.

EDIT: In the response to the new content of your post, the world of gaming has moved on. It’s COD’s formula that is dominating at the moment and that won’t change anytime soon

> 2533274809788760;18:
> > 2535444539078749;17:
> > > 2533274809788760;16:
> > > You’re comparing multi platform games to an exclusive. Not to mention that COD is ridiculously popular and people have been waiting a long time for a new Battlefront and Fallout.
> > >
> > > What’s probably going to happen is that they’ll release small tidbits until launch is a few weeks away and then they’ll throw out some trailers (at least one live action). There really isn’t much more they can do. Those that were burned by the MCC will wait and check the reviews and the communities reaction until the buy it. Provided there’s no technical issues and that the arena fans are satisfied (if that’s possible), then the game should do just fine. Also, from a players perspective, it doesn’t matter how many copies they sell if it can’t sustain a healthy player base.
> >
> >
> > The series popularity is going in a downwards trend. All fans should be concerned. COD is ridiculously popular, but Halo was ridiculously popular once too. Theres no reason it can’t reclaim its throne that COD now bears.
> >
> > I do everything I can to get Halo 5 noticed by society, mentioning it in gaming discusions, ect. I wish there was more we could do.
>
>
> Worst case scenario, future games become story focused, which could actually turn out alright as the Halo lore has a lot of potential.
>
> For now, the only thing that is certain is that this forum will be full of complaints when the game releases no matter how good it is.
>
> EDIT: In the response to the new content of your post, the world of gaming has moved on. It’s COD’s formula that is dominating at the moment and that won’t change anytime soon

I’m totally down for more story focused Halo. But that’s off the topic.

I want to see Halo become popular again. And there is a fair amount of CoD haters, so hopefully it’s era is ending?