Halo 5 needs halo reach armor customization

Halo 5’s armor customization system needs an upgrade. Halo reach’s armor customization was great compared to what we have now. I’m not complaining about the game at all as bungie and Microsoft did a great job on halo 5. I just think they could improve the armor customization.

I’d like to see armor effects come back like the grunt birthday!

It’s a shame that the worst halo, halo 4, even had better customization. Even halo 3 had it better. Maybe not quantity wise but definitely quality. It really does need an upgrade. Or at the least for halo 6.

Same with emblems for the love of all that is holy.

Not gonna happen for H5. One can only hope they rethink how you customize in H6 before they lock in another lame system.

They could update it to separate the armor pieces…I tried not to bring this up though.

I agree 100%, part of the reason I love halo is creating my own spartan, making him his own individual and going out and owning some people in multiplayer, and this experience is present in Halo 5, but no where near the level it was in Reach, or even 3 as a matter of fact. In Halo 5, you will absolutely run into individuals who have the exact same set up as you, but in Reach, and even Halo 3, you could truly be your own spartan and that needs to come back to Halo 6

Honestly? They could just add categories. I mean a LOT of pieces get re-used. With the insane variety this game has, it might actually be really cool to see what players can mix and match. I know for a fact one could make some really cool stuff using JUST the Reach-based assets.

look another one of these threads! only 8 months after release too!

I’d rather not see a return of Reach’s customization. It was very stale to me. If anything I’d rather see a combination of Halo 4 and Reach’s customization. That way instead of everyone looking nearly the same, you could have full control of what your Spartan looked like.
Reach’s customization was:
Helmet > Helmet accessory
Visor
Chest armor > Chest armor w/ robot arm (which was ugly)
Wrist armor/ accessory
Kneepads
Firefight voice
It wasn’t really that great. The only things I liked about it was the Firefight voices, and accessories.
Here’s how I think H6’s MP Customization should be:
Helmet > Skin > Accessory > Visor
Chest Armor > Skin > Under-suit Color
Legs > Skin > Accessory
The reason I have skins in the list is because that some players already have a lot of armor variants, and some people paid for Req packs and got armor variants, so why let the money go to waste?

> 2533274974847265;9:
> I’d rather not see a return of Reach’s customization. It was very stale to me. If anything I’d rather see a combination of Halo 4 and Reach’s customization. That way instead of everyone looking nearly the same, you could have full control of what your Spartan looked like.
> Reach’s customization was:
> Helmet > Helmet accessory
> Visor
> Chest armor > Chest armor w/ robot arm (which was ugly)
> Wrist armor/ accessory
> Kneepads
> Firefight voice
> It wasn’t really that great. The only things I liked about it was the Firefight voices, and accessories.
> Here’s how I think H6’s MP Customization should be:
> Helmet > Skin > Accessory > Visor
> Chest Armor > Skin > Under-suit Color
> Legs > Skin > Accessory
> The reason I have skins in the list is because that some players already have a lot of armor variants, and some people paid for Req packs and got armor variants, so why let the money go to waste?

…So you don’t like having control of individual armor pieces and addons…? That mad variety is *stale?*How?

> 2533274805075298;10:
> > 2533274974847265;9:
> > I’d rather not see a return of Reach’s customization. It was very stale to me.
> >
> >
> > > If anything I’d rather see a combination of Halo 4 and Reach’s customization.
> >
> >
> > That way instead of everyone looking nearly the same, you could have full control of what your Spartan looked like.
> > Reach’s customization was:
> > Helmet > Helmet accessory
> > Visor
> > Chest armor > Chest armor w/ robot arm (which was ugly)
> > Wrist armor/ accessory
> > Kneepads
> > Firefight voice
> > It wasn’t really that great. The only things I liked about it was the Firefight voices, and accessories.
> > Here’s how I think H6’s MP Customization should be:
> > Helmet > Skin > Accessory > Visor
> > Chest Armor > Skin > Under-suit Color
> > Legs > Skin > Accessory
> > The reason I have skins in the list is because that some players already have a lot of armor variants, and some people paid for Req packs and got armor variants, so why let the money go to waste?
>
>
> …So you don’t like having control of individual armor pieces and addons…? That mad variety is stale? How?

I think you missed the point of that post. What I was trying to explain was that, I didn’t like that you couldn’t change much of the bigger pieces of armor in reach. I’m going to assume you didn’t read the second half of the post because I clearly wrote that I was all for accessories to be in H6, but I didn’t want 343 to just pull the customization straight from Reach, and keep it that way.

I’m going to Follow this Subject long with the Firefight subject being these are two subjects I really want altered in Halo. I Can’t Stand the now 4 slot customization Halo 5 offers there’s no Soul to it and no real customization. Halo 4 had a similar System to reach why did 343 not just reuse that system. I was Fine with H4’s system.