Halo 5 Needs Firefight

Warzone looks awesome, and that we are seeing enemies applied to matchmaking is awesome… but I think that we still greatly need Firefight to be in Halo 5. If you look at what we are seeing in Halo 5, this is what we currently have:

-Campaign
-Multiplayer
-Warzone (counting it as it’s own game mode)
-Forge
-Custom Games
-Theater

With Campaign, the game is not able to be split screened, meaning that if you want to play with someone else, you need to be connected to the internet. Multiplayer you of course need internet again, Warzone MAY be able to be done over custom games, but that’s something I don’t have a confirmed answer for. The only things we can do without Internet is Campaign single player, Forge, Custom Games, and Theater. The game needs to give us something MORE than just Campaign if we have no, or very poor internet.

Firefight is something that a large portion of the community loves, it requires no internet, it is more replayable than Spartan Ops (If you don’t believe me, look at polls around here.) It tests the limits of what people can do against an AI enemy with things like LASO, to being able to goof off with 4xOvershields, and near instant kill endless clip AR while jumping across the map like Superman. Firefight as been the sandbox of playing with AI enemies, and while it’s possible that Forge may give us the option to apply AI enemies via scripting, I still very much want 343 to give us Firefight. It’s clear they can program AI coming in, and without Halo 3: ODST’s Firefight returning, many would love for it’s return, even if it needed to be in a DLC format.

Well I can definitely with confidence it wont get one.

lol yeah… My immediate reaction after watching the Warzone reveal was “Lol nice gaem, where’s Firefight?”

Actually on a serious note, I see where you’re coming from completely. Although I hate to say, (this isn’t exactly ‘news’ anymore) that offline play is quickly becoming endangered in the FPS market… If this generation has told me anything in clearer words, it’s that developers have stopped giving a flying rats -Yoink- about offline modes, and that’s just the way things are right now :confused:

Warzone looks awesome but I still hope for a pure PvE mode, mainly firefight.

FIREFIGHT!!!

WE NEED IT NOW!!!

> 2533274794210491;4:
> Warzone looks awesome but I still hope for a pure PvE mode, mainly firefight.

I second this. Warzone looks great, but firefight returning would bring many players together and more excitement imo, just look at how Firefight made an impact on Halo starting with ODST.

I don’t think you understand the word ‘Need’. You WANT it, it’s not needed.

I say no only because I think War Zone will satisfy my needs.

I don’t understand this new Halo community. Where did you all even come from? I don’t mean to sound rude but how, at the time of my vote, is it 65% in favor and 35% against?

You are voting on an OPTION. No one says you have to play it. This thing should be at 100%.

Take me for example. I think Grifball is the most overrated thing in all of Halo yet I would vote for it to come back if for whatever reason it was taken away. And I also think that this community’s obsession with playing as an Elite is ridiculous but I want Elites playable for them.

Where did this community even go?

> 2533274812650916;9:
> I don’t understand this new Halo community. Where did you all even come from? I don’t mean to sound rude but how, at the time of my vote, is it 65% in favor and 35% against?
>
> You are voting on an OPTION. No one says you have to play it. This thing should be at 100%.
>
> Take me for example. I think Grifball is the most overrated thing in all of Halo yet I would vote for it to come back if for whatever reason it was taken away. And I also think that this community’s obsession with playing as an Elite is ridiculous but I want Elites playable for them.
>
> Where did this community even go?

What? You think that we should all vote for things that we don’t need, but to still be added to take up space?
I don’t think it should be be. Grifball is barely any space at all, considering it’s a GAMETYPE. Not an entirely different AI infused battleground.
I think Warzone is far more than enough, but I continue to see all of this ‘I DESERVE SOMETHING BECAUSE I DEMAND IT’ crap on these forums. It’s pathetic.

I liked firefight a lot. But in the end the game mode didn’t work.

People afking in it when it was in Reach, and the Halo 4 knock off was a good attempt but again it didn’t get the attention it deserved. 343 is not going to waste money and put it in if it isnt already in. Nobody plays it for a very long time. Even if they like it.

I’m not saying it SHOULDN’T be in if it CAN be, but if it isn’t in it’s no skin off my back.

> 2533274938678576;10:
> > 2533274812650916;9:
> > I don’t understand this new Halo community. Where did you all even come from? I don’t mean to sound rude but how, at the time of my vote, is it 65% in favor and 35% against?
> >
> > You are voting on an OPTION. No one says you have to play it. This thing should be at 100%.
> >
> > Take me for example. I think Grifball is the most overrated thing in all of Halo yet I would vote for it to come back if for whatever reason it was taken away. And I also think that this community’s obsession with playing as an Elite is ridiculous but I want Elites playable for them.
> >
> > Where did this community even go?
>
>
> What? You think that we should all vote for things that we don’t need, but to still be added to take up space?
> I don’t think it should be be. Grifball is barely any space at all, considering it’s a GAMETYPE. Not an entirely different AI infused battleground.
> I think Warzone is far more than enough, but I continue to see all of this ‘I DESERVE SOMETHING BECAUSE I DEMAND IT’ crap on these forums. It’s pathetic.

You missed the point. By a lot. I also don’t know why that, just because someone demands 343 be held to a high standard they have an “entitled” attitude. Sorry I care about Halo…?

The point is, no one should be against OPTIONS. That’s it. It’s literally that simple. Warzone isn’t enough because it doesn’t offer the PvE experience away from the confines of campaign. Campaign is too restricted and multiplayer is, well, multiplayer. Firefight filled a niche and Spartan Ops tried to do that.

> 2533274812650916;12:
> > 2533274938678576;10:
> > > 2533274812650916;9:
> > > I don’t understand this new Halo community. Where did you all even come from? I don’t mean to sound rude but how, at the time of my vote, is it 65% in favor and 35% against?
> > >
> > > You are voting on an OPTION. No one says you have to play it. This thing should be at 100%.
> > >
> > > Take me for example. I think Grifball is the most overrated thing in all of Halo yet I would vote for it to come back if for whatever reason it was taken away. And I also think that this community’s obsession with playing as an Elite is ridiculous but I want Elites playable for them.
> > >
> > > Where did this community even go?
> >
> >
> > What? You think that we should all vote for things that we don’t need, but to still be added to take up space?
> > I don’t think it should be be. Grifball is barely any space at all, considering it’s a GAMETYPE. Not an entirely different AI infused battleground.
> > I think Warzone is far more than enough, but I continue to see all of this ‘I DESERVE SOMETHING BECAUSE I DEMAND IT’ crap on these forums. It’s pathetic.

It is not that we are demanding firefight but hoping it will be included because firefight is big part of mine and lot of other peoples enjoyment of the halo series. Options are always good, that is why I love the Halo series. We have Campaign, Multiplayer, Warzone, Forge, Custom Games and Theater, but firefight would round this out because PvE is the one thing that is not in the game (maybe not announced yet). Does even need to be firefight even though i hope it’s back. There should be some PvE, to have that perfect triangle of singleplayer, PvE and PvP and firefight is already loved and fills that PvE gap perfectly.

Will Halo 5 have a FireFight mode? That’s almost a definite No if it isn’t one already.

Do I want Halo 5 to have a FireFight mode? Oh hell yes, FireFight was bomb diggity.

Is it going to upset me when I can’t play FireFight in Halo 5? No, not really… ha

Does it NEED it? No, not necessarily. Would it be awesome to have it? Yes, absolutely!

It’s called Warzone. There will be no Firefight. Warzone is like if Firefight and Invasion were expecting a baby and meanwhile Firefight had an affair with Titanfall, and so the baby was Warzone

I am almost 100% sure that halo 5 will not be getting firefight. I mean yeah I would love to have it but it is unrealistic to expect that with warzone, arena, and campaign along with firefight? That is insane.

LOL! Really??? . . . Warzone IS Firefight!!!

> 2535463261337659;17:
> I am almost 100% sure that halo 5 will not be getting firefight. I mean yeah I would love to have it but it is unrealistic to expect that with warzone, arena, and campaign along with firefight? That is insane.

Really? I disagree. See Halo: Reach.

Campaign, Multiplayer, Forge, File Share/Browser, Firefight, Invasion, Theatre, Split-Screen, HCE Anniversary, HCE Anniversary MP

Would be great if it’s in, won’t rage if it’s not.