Halo 5 needs a split screen update

I think Halo 5 so far has made plenty of money, has gotten most of the features that should have been in there since release, and is all in all a fun next gen Halo game, But it’s missing one thing it should already have had since release, SPLIT SCREEN. Everyone loves first person shooters but haven’t you always wanted to invite your friends over to come play some 4 player split screen one almost all game modes? Halo Reach had that and that’s one of the many reasons it made so much money as bungie’s last epic halo game, But Halo 5 has lacked many things since released which most of those things we now have. It is a great game don’t get me wrong but when Halo Combat Evolved came out back in 2001 people would invite their friends over to play epic Halo split screen, sure it didn’t have 4 player split screen but you could do local games in which were 4 player. It would still be possible to make a split screen game mode all they have to do to not make it so gosh dang laggy is to have a graphics setting in which you can turn the graphics quality down so that way split screen would be possible. I know your just going to say no one likes split screen and online multiplayer is the future, but the only reason that you say that is because Microsoft and all those other companies decided it would be a great idea to not put split screen and offline single player in their new games. You got used to it and they just made more money and then they try to patch up their games with free updates and only add stuff that should have been their since release. Admit it you love the way the old games were but the don’t make them like that anymore all it is about now is making money especially when they release a crap ton of DLC that’s just stuff the game should’ve already had, and season pass prices just keep going up. So pick what you like more in the poll or comment down below.

I also know this thread will probably be locked and redirected so that kind of sucks.

343 has seen the huge back lash from not adding SS to H5, but repeatedly have said there is no way to push SS in an update, plus lets just say there might be a way i can only imagine how much work it would take to do that, meaning they would have to put all the other updates on hold, which personally just no, i dont wanna wait for my updates just to recieve SS.

Not going to happen because that will require a re-tooling of the engine. It would be amazing for that to happen, because that would be an actual example of DLC that would make me happy. I’m convinced that everything that 343i has released so far was either in previous games or were planned out in their DLC map.

They only didn’t add it cause they didn’t feel like wasting their time on something they clearly didn’t care about.

> 2535469414243004;5:
> They only didn’t add it cause they didn’t feel like wasting their time on something they clearly didn’t care about.

or Big daddy microsoft told them not to to try and sell more XBONE. Microsfot dabbed in putting their hands on the H5 campaign with how they thought it should be, i forgot where i heard, or saw it but cortana was not the orignal bad guy, but microsoft wanted her to be bad to try and sell more merchandise since she was one of the bigger names to the ppl who dont follow lore

Microsoft is 343i just saying.

I think Halo 5 should have already had split screen to begin with.

I would love to play split screen on Halo 5 if it had it.

> 2535469414243004;7:
> Microsoft is 343i just saying.

disagree, its more like 343 has to do what Microsoft says or else microsoft will find a new dev for the Halo games, Microsfot is just trying to push for as many concole and disc sales as possible, they dont care at all if gamers are happy, 343 is in a tough spot to try and keep the community happy while meeting microsoft needs if they wanna keep a job, micro managing at its finest

Split screen was my favorite part about playing Halo.

> 2533274881086487;10:
> > 2535469414243004;7:
> > Microsoft is 343i just saying.
>
>
> disagree, its more like 343 has to do what Microsoft says or else microsoft will find a new dev for the Halo games, Microsfot is just trying to push for as many concole and disc sales as possible, they dont care at all if gamers are happy, 343 is in a tough spot to try and keep the community happy while meeting microsoft needs if they wanna keep a job, micro managing at its finest

I completely agree but Microsoft still does own 343i. I also had no idea this pole would get this popular this fast.

Split-screen is both an incredibly important part of Halo, and an acceptable thing to cut.

It’s too much work for too little reward, even if the reward is big.

I honeslty think they could add it in a update if they really wanted to and worked at it. But I’m sure they don’t want to use there time and resources on it seeing how many have already accepted the fact that halo 5 didn’t have split screen. I’m 100000% halo 6 will have it unless 343 wants to die a horrible death hahah. Anyway I think they can but they won’t. Thread locked in 5…4…3…2

> 2533274801472802;13:
> Split-screen is both an incredibly important part of Halo, and an acceptable thing to cut.
>
> It’s too much work for too little reward, even if the reward is big.

It’s not acceptable for such a large franchise it is one of the biggest parts about Halo.

> 2533274800273892;14:
> I honeslty think they could add it in a update if they really wanted to and worked at it. But I’m sure they don’t want to use there time and resources on it seeing how many have already accepted the fact that halo 5 didn’t have split screen. I’m 100000% halo 6 will have it unless 343 wants to die a horrible death hahah. Anyway I think they can but they won’t. Thread locked in 5…4…3…2

My voice will not go silent if this thread is locked i will still fight for split screen.

4 player split screen needs to be in Halo 6 or everyone will probably die.

> 2535469414243004;15:
> > 2533274801472802;13:
> > Split-screen is both an incredibly important part of Halo, and an acceptable thing to cut.
> >
> > It’s too much work for too little reward, even if the reward is big.
>
>
> It’s not acceptable for such a large franchise it is one of the biggest parts about Halo.

Based on? People can keep on saying how big split screen is all they want, but as fans we’ve got no idea how many people actually use the feature, not to mention 343 wouldn’t just straight up cut split screen if it were actually such a big feature. We can only speculate for now, I know I no longer have a need for Splitscreen, but if others want it, I’d say let them have it, I’m not vs it but right now we can’t accurately pinpoint his big and how many people use it now a days, 15 years ago? Sure, I can see it but hard to convince me today.

Also, Splitscreen won’t come to h5, it’s done, they can’t do it and I agree with it, because of their engine supporting the 60 fps and blocking out split screen, they’d have to change the engine which would then mean the game won’t get updates for a long -Yoink- time or they’d become obsolete unless they revamped the entire game. It’s just not worth it by now to get Splitscreen in, better off just waiting till h6.

> 2533274923562209;18:
> > 2535469414243004;15:
> > > 2533274801472802;13:
> > > Split-screen is both an incredibly important part of Halo, and an acceptable thing to cut.
> > >
> > > It’s too much work for too little reward, even if the reward is big.
> >
> >
> > It’s not acceptable for such a large franchise it is one of the biggest parts about Halo.
>
>
> Based on? People can keep on saying how big split screen is all they want, but as fans we’ve got no idea how many people actually use the feature, not to mention 343 wouldn’t just straight up cut split screen if it were actually such a big feature. We can only speculate for now, I know I no longer have a need for Splitscreen, but if others want it, I’d say let them have it, I’m not vs it but right now we can’t accurately pinpoint his big and how many people use it now a days, 15 years ago? Sure, I can see it but hard to convince me today.
>
> Also, Splitscreen won’t come to h5, it’s done, they can’t do it and I agree with it, because of their engine supporting the 60 fps and blocking out split screen, they’d have to change the engine which would then mean the game won’t get updates for a long -Yoink- time or they’d become obsolete unless they revamped the entire game. It’s just not worth it by now to get Splitscreen in, better off just waiting till h6.

Every time I play Halo Reach online there is almost always two people or more on the same console. Plus if we don’t fight for it now there’s no chance it will even be in Halo 6. Hopefully Halo 6 has a good story line too.

> 2535469414243004;19:
> > 2533274923562209;18:
> > > 2535469414243004;15:
> > > > 2533274801472802;13:
> > > > Split-screen is both an incredibly important part of Halo, and an acceptable thing to cut.
> > > >
> > > > It’s too much work for too little reward, even if the reward is big.
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s not acceptable for such a large franchise it is one of the biggest parts about Halo.
> >
> >
> > Based on? People can keep on saying how big split screen is all they want, but as fans we’ve got no idea how many people actually use the feature, not to mention 343 wouldn’t just straight up cut split screen if it were actually such a big feature. We can only speculate for now, I know I no longer have a need for Splitscreen, but if others want it, I’d say let them have it, I’m not vs it but right now we can’t accurately pinpoint his big and how many people use it now a days, 15 years ago? Sure, I can see it but hard to convince me today.
> >
> > Also, Splitscreen won’t come to h5, it’s done, they can’t do it and I agree with it, because of their engine supporting the 60 fps and blocking out split screen, they’d have to change the engine which would then mean the game won’t get updates for a long -Yoink- time or they’d become obsolete unless they revamped the entire game. It’s just not worth it by now to get Splitscreen in, better off just waiting till h6.
>
>
> Every time I play Halo Reach online there is almost always two people or more on the same console. Plus if we don’t fight for it now there’s no chance it will even be in Halo 6. Hopefully Halo 6 has a good story line too.

343 has said they’ll try for h6, they physically can’t do it in h5 anymore tho, not unless we want updates/dlc years down the road, I know it sounds dumb, but for Splitscreen to be in h5, they’d have to reset (graphically and performance wise) the game which just isn’t worth it anymore after it’s been out for half a year by now.