Halo 5 Needs a Prop Hunt / Hide-n-Seek

If you are not familiar with the pc modding community, prop hunt hide n’ seek is a game mod for Garry’s Mod and COD 4 where players from one team disguise themselves as objects from the map they are playing in and another team finds and destroys those players in disguise within the time limit. In the begining of the match the hiding team will have short time to turn into a prop disguise and find a place to hide. If a player on the Seeking team shoots or damages a non-player object, the damage will be reflected upon that player without health regeneration. The players who are disguised as objects have health depending on the size of the object they are playing without health-regen. Smaller objects have less health and larger objects have more health. The hiding team are able to move to evade the seekers if necessary. The seeking team wins by destroying all the players in disguise. The hiding team wins if there is one or more players in the hiding team alive when the time limit expires.

This game mode should be on a playlist without stat tracking because one team will not be able to get kills. Also this encourages players to enjoy the game mode rather than focus on K/D or other stats. Perhaps on a playlist like Grab-Bag where there is no stat tracking.

i was watching a INSIDE GAMING podcast with them playing exactly what you described and that was a weird mode, the hiders where flying like in a jesus way…

hide n seek I’m in for it but not as you described, there is a lot of custom games made for hide and seek, i was playing this a lot on h3 i think it was called teacher or something

I just watched this and I’ve gotta admit…I died laughing at times. I would love to play that.

If there’s enough demand for it, maybe.

My god, I would absolutely love this. Heck, even the Minecraft minigame is enough to make me keel over laughing.

From rocks to Mongeese, this is on my list of new additions to Halo. :smiley:

This would be fun! It’s honestly my most favorite mode in Gmod. I think they can definitely do it for Halo 5.

Well we have camo.

This would be an awesome gamemode to have in Halo 5, maybe it would make me want to go and play Action Sack a lot more. Right now Action Sack in Halo 4 is just meh, Halo Reach was a little better but Halo 3 had it done the best. Prop Hunt would be awesome for Halo 5.

I’m meh over this, but it might be fun. Better than Husky Raid, anyway…

I suppose we’d just use the Forge menu, then. But… What if you could be operated as your specific object? If you were an ammo crate, people could resupply at you. If you were a warthog, people could drive you. If you were a DMR… etc etc.

With how big forge is in Halo 5, I’d like to think that a prop hunt game type would be awesome, using everything in forge.

Yes bring it back! It was already in halo reach and 4 so bring it to 5!

I played this game type more than a few times in Halo 4 (customs, obviously) and the thing that fascinated me about it was just how fascinating other people found it. My personal tolerance for it was limited, so I’d often leave the group as they were starting their second match. I’d rejoin them off and on throughout the night hoping to get a chance at playing something else, and you know what? They were almost always still playing it and giggling like school girls. It was like watching monkeys go bonkers over a shiny object. I don’t know if they were idiots or if I’m just short on patience when it comes to novelty, but that’s my story.

Just vehicle weld with crates, civilian cars and other various objects…use breakout GT…Blue would be props, Reds would be the hunters…when the prop is killed they won’t respawn b/c it’s breakout…to reflect damage weld explosives inside of regular objects on map…give players no shields, excess health, no health regen…players would die after multiple explosions…if no explosion occurs then you know it’s a prop…give hunters swords so they have to stay close to explosions and give hunters unlimited speed boost

could use camo in very dark map or dim

halo 4 had a prop hunt custom game. really fun but poorly designed map made for lame gameplay.

could be fun

This would be such an amazing game mode for the casual crowd. MAKE THIS HAPPEN 343!!!

> 2533274857730037;13:
> Just vehicle weld with crates, civilian cars and other various objects…use breakout GT…Blue would be props, Reds would be the hunters…when the prop is killed they won’t respawn b/c it’s breakout…to reflect damage weld explosives inside of regular objects on map…give players no shields, excess health, no health regen…players would die after multiple explosions…if no explosion occurs then you know it’s a prop…give hunters swords so they have to stay close to explosions and give hunters unlimited speed boost

I don’t think I’ve ever made it past the first page how do people find these old as heck threads

I made a hide n seek mode in Halo 3 that ended up being a hit with everyone who played it. I might have to remake it.