Halo 5 need BF stuff

Halo 4 is COD with halo skins… Why then 343 don’t do halo 5 with BF stuff? With distraction, big maps, big battles… Big time battle, with thanks and distraction of map, may be a good for halo… Halo 4 have less then 20K of people after 12 mounts… CoD + halo then did not get population to play it… Why then don’t tray BF staff?

Why can’t Halo just be Halo?

> <mark>Halo 4 is COD with halo skins…</mark> Why then 343 don’t do halo 5 with BF stuff? With distraction, big maps, big battles… Big time battle, with thanks and distraction of map, may be a good for halo… Halo 4 have less then 20K of people after 12 mounts… CoD + halo then did not get population to play it… Why then don’t tray BF staff?

It really isn’t, I don’t get this claim

> > <mark>Halo 4 is COD with halo skins…</mark> Why then 343 don’t do halo 5 with BF stuff? With distraction, big maps, big battles… Big time battle, with thanks and distraction of map, may be a good for halo… Halo 4 have less then 20K of people after 12 mounts… CoD + halo then did not get population to play it… Why then don’t tray BF staff?
>
> It really isn’t, I don’t get this claim

Because the core game mechanics have been largely (not completely) replaced. A lot of what was central to the player’s control over the outcome of the game, has been thrown out in favour of features which CoD is more known for, hence the CoD comparisons.
Most of the familiarity in Halo 4 actually comes from weapons, AAs and the art style/graphics. Very little is recognisable at a deeper level than that; at least very little compared to what there should be.

Some things which have stayed more Halo like are the jump height, kill times, no aim-down-sights and no ability to lie down. Beyond that though, the game resembles Call of Duty far more than Halo.

im all for a war mode with high player counts and the bigger vehicles like alot of other people have posted about(it sounds like a fun addition as long as it doesnt replace the the classics were all used to and the core gameplay isnt changed), but i dont want them to use other shooters as a reference point for what direction to take halo in. the past halos core were fundamentally different from your CODs and battlefields and its those differences that make me like halo over those two.

Okay, first off, Halo is it’s own game. Don’t try and make it something its not. It seems like if you add sprint to a game, and weapon skins it becomes COD. I like weapon skins, and It would nice to have big maps. But that doesn’t make it Battlefield. Halo:Reach had big maps like Spire, and boneyard, those would be nice. But please, just because Halo has similar things like custom loadouts doesn’t mean it’s COD. And just because a game has Big maps, doesn’t mean it’s Battlefield.

Okay, first off, Halo is it’s own game. Don’t try and make it something its not. It seems like if you add sprint to a game, and weapon skins it becomes COD. I like weapon skins, and It would nice to have big maps. But that doesn’t make it Battlefield. Halo:Reach had big maps like Spire, and boneyard, those would be nice. But please, just because Halo has similar things like custom loadouts doesn’t mean it’s COD. And just because a game has Big maps, doesn’t mean it’s Battlefield.

NO. Just let Halo be Halo.

If WB can make Arkham Orgins stay relatively the same while adding new things, (They added new stuff that actually makes the game harder, but keeps in with the original formula) I think 343 can do that with Halo.

I think that is a second mistake if 343 does that, as Halo, itself should add more unique ideas, while taking( and changing) the best elements in other games that will suit Halo. We must be unique, we must take and adapt, and we… should stay true to our nature, and most of all… we must be unique and thrive on what makes us unique. CoD and Bf as far as I’m concerned can copy each other until the end of time, but Halo can never, and will never do that, lest we all leave.

Halo 5 only needs HALO stuff. Nothing else.

“Let’s make BF and call it Halo.”
“Won’t people just buy the real BF?”

“Let’s make Halo and call it Halo.”
“Yeah! People that want Halo will eat that up!”

> “Let’s make BF and call it Halo.”
> “Won’t people just buy the real BF?”
>
> “Let’s make Halo and call it Halo.”
> “Yeah! People that want Halo will eat that up!”

Words from the average consumer.

In terms of larger vehicle pallet, larger map size, more players on the mpa and commander mode, I want Halo to be more like BF.

In terms of weapons, I’d like the return of having a generic loadout and weapon/ equipment pick ups only.

> In terms of larger vehicle pallet, larger map size, more players on the mpa and commander mode, I want Halo to be more like BF.
>
> In terms of weapons, I’d like the return of having a generic loadout and weapon/ equipment pick ups only.

lol yeah. I don’t have a problem with trying to find fun ways to make the battles more bombastic and flexible. Again, you’re doing it because its fun within Halo’s game play, not because you are changing for the sake of it.

The op was very specifically framed as “let’s make Halo: BF.” I don’t want BF. I want Halo.

> > <mark>Halo 4 is COD with halo skins…</mark> Why then 343 don’t do halo 5 with BF stuff? With distraction, big maps, big battles… Big time battle, with thanks and distraction of map, may be a good for halo… Halo 4 have less then 20K of people after 12 mounts… CoD + halo then did not get population to play it… Why then don’t tray BF staff?
>
> It really isn’t, I don’t get this claim

As someone who has actually played his fair share of each franchise, I can corroborate this statement.
There are similarities but they are just that: Similarities. People act like features and elements found in other games/competitors in one form or another being used in Halo is a shocking thing. It isn’t. Halo: C.E. took so much from other franchises, certainly not being limited to video games.

Uhhh no. Just no.

> Uhhh no. Just no.

Why?

Halo has always should be about innovation and setting the bar. Innovation doesn’t include copying other games, Halo is its own franchise and therefore should have its own unique feel. Originality is better if you ask me.

If your talking about the bad company series, that’s not too bad of an idea, since both aren’t too different in game styles…

But if your taking about battlefield 3 and 4 … Then no… Just no

I sort of agree, while I want Halo to go back to being Halo(Equal starts, weapons on map, teamwork, golden triangle, map flow) if Halo is going to take from any other series I’d much rather have it be Battlefield rather than Call of Duty.

How about making a Battlefieldish Big Team Battle but still keeping the core arena mechanics of Halo for other gametypes?