Halo 5 mute all players bug

There is a bug where you are not able to mute players in warzone…i click the mute all button but still hear all the players talking? Anyone know a workaround?

Yes I’m having same problem but on all modes and I don’t want to hear people at all. It’s ruining the experience for me…

I know Really annoying

For a while I thought the solution was to mute all after the opening cutscene, but that hasn’t worked consistently. On top of this, it seems my mutes keep getting reversed or something. Really needs to be fixed, I don’t wanna have to deal with that stuff.

Only way I’ve found to fix it is to back out the game to the Xbox One home page and quit the game using the options that come up when you hit start. It may only last a couple of games necessitating the restart all over again. Thankfully the game starts up quickly.

Agreed - it works for a few games then ceases to work until the entire game is reset. Not an optimal solution, but it’s all we got at the moment it seems :frowning:

> 2533274944875025;2:
> Yes I’m having same problem but on all modes and I don’t want to hear people at all. It’s ruining the experience for me…

You can set voice chat in your global settings to hear friends only. That will surely solve your problem.

thanks, people talking during the game can really set me off, i don’t want to know what they are doing.

the only thing that happens when i mute all is that i can’t see anymore who is talking

The chatter also makes the game lag. Not even worth playing when you can’t move. Kills the whole experience.

Having this same issue. I can mute all for about 2 games then i cant mute anyone. Very annoying when some people play loud music and i actually wanna hear the game.

> 2812069053043819;7:
> > 2533274944875025;2:
> > Yes I’m having same problem but on all modes and I don’t want to hear people at all. It’s ruining the experience for me…
>
>
> You can set voice chat in your global settings to hear friends only. That will surely solve your problem.

Was not aware I could do this… I’ll go in and fix this when I get home from work because holy Hell, I’m tired of whiny kids screaming in the background while I’m trying to murder things.

Needs to be fixed, and easy to set. Funny, I have not once heard game chat where people are taking about the game, only screaming kids and background noise. In general, I find the setting for halo 5 are non intuitive.

I am having a problem with all of my friends being muted.

When I start Halo 5 and get to the menu screen I select X to see my friends. When I tap RB to see all my friends little muted mic symbols start popping up next to each persons gamertag. I’ve reset user setting and privacy settings. I even restarted the game and the Xbox console.

Running out of options. Can anyone help?!

I really hope they fix this… I dont know why but for some reason with the chat on, I am also experiencing MAJOR lag. I have NO problems on any other game, with chat at all, so really not sure why this one. Anyone getting the lag also?

This has been an issue in EVERY Halo I have played. The only solution is to start a party and you will not hear anyone in gamechat. Shouldn’t have to do this but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.

Have the same issue but haven’t been able to figure a workaround yet.

Perhaps 343’s logic was to have voice chat on by default to promote communication and teamwork. But nobody ever talks about the game. It degenerates into prepubescent whining and background music I don’t care for. There should at least be an option in Halo 5’s settings to set team chat to ‘always off.’ It’s obnoxious to have to turn it off every single match, especially when 20% of the time it doesn’t even work.

I’m sure it’ll get addressed soon

Easy fix for this fortunately. Open a solo party chat and have yourself in it. If you need to communicate with teammates you can bring up the scoreboard and press B to quickly change back to team chat.