Halo 5 - Multiple ideas

Hiya!

So I had a few ideas in mind for Halo 5. So instead of crying in a corner telling myself how wonderful these ideas of mine are, why not pair share them?

  • Elites
    In my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes 343i made with H4 was taking out the elites. As a sangheili-fan, you have to understand the irritation on not being able to not play as your favorite character- especially if you are directing machinima. My idea is that bringing back Elites into play for Halo 5 would make things have a nice smileyface to them.
    Not only that, but the complete remodeling of the elites should of not been done. Yeah, I do understand if 343I’s aim was to add reality to the game, but keep note that this is a sci-fi game. The elite model for Halo Reach was at its best, and no doubt the community asked for the elites to not be redone. So perhaps in Halo 5, 343I could upgrade the Halo Reach Elite model instead of the Halo Four model. One thing I noticed the community ask for was a “elite ops”, so perhaps adding a story to a story would be cool.
  • The old vehicles.
    Halo Wars vehicles were pretty awesome, one thing that killed it was that you could not specifically drive the vehicles. Instead, you were stuck “commanding” AI that were controlling the said vehicles. How cool would it be to drive one of the falcons? Maybe even a scarab? By adding these vehicles into the battlefield, 343I would bring a great advantage to not only their gameplay, but to machinima director’s works.
  • Taking out COD.
    One big characteristic of COD was the ability to customize your loadouts. Customizing your loadouts just… doesn’t feel like halo. Many would agree that it could also bring an unfair play at the battle field. For example >>>
    Bob has a loadout with a plasma pistol, sticky grenades,unlimited sprint, and evade. As he is on blue team, another player named Phil drives a tank into his base. Bob overloads his plasma pistol, stuns the tank, and takes out the tank in mere seconds. Customizable loadouts may be OK; if you were the one holding the gun…
  • Bringing the old character back
    Arbiter cannot simply disappear, bring him back on halo 5.
  • Halo 5 for Xbox 360
    Some of us Xbox 360 players don’t want to take the next gen consoles, roughly due to the fact that we have to pay more in addition to buying a used game. It sucks too because the Xbox One costs more than it should. Perhaps making a limited-edition Xbox 360 disc would boost the appreciation.

> I agree with most of this, except the parts about custom loadouts and making a 360 version. We already have a bunch of games coming out as multi-platforms and almost all of them will be infinitely better on next-gen consoles anyway.
>
> As for Loadouts, as a Sangheili fan, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to have the ability to spawn with Covenant weapons. While I do think there should be more limitations than exist now, don’t take my Carbine away as a Spawn weapon.
>
> Some limitations I think would do the game as a whole some good:
>
> Make Loadouts gametype oriented, you can customize your choices in the 3 gamemode variants: Automatics, Rifles, and Big Team, each affecting the choice you have in your primary weapon.
>
> In Automatics you get the choice of the AR, the Storm Rifle or Plasma Repeater, and the Suppressor or Sentinel Beam.
>
> In Rifles, you get the choice of the BR, the Carbine, or the Light Rifle (perhaps a different Forerunner Rifle designed for mid range, and that is more unique and alien).
>
> Finally in Big Team, you get the choice of the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Light Rifle.
>
> Across all gametypes, you would get a secondary weapon choice of Magnum, Plasma Rifle, or Bishop Beam. As well as ONE frag, ONE stick, or ONE pulse (spawning with one fixes almost every single problem each grenade tends to present to players, such as Frag Spamming in 4v4, 2 sticks killing vehicles, and Pulse being underpowered because you only get the one, while others give you two.)
>
> No AAs off Spawn, no Tactical Packages, or Support Packages.
>
> In customs, the ability to customize your spawn weapon will exist in the Primary and Secondary Weapon customizable slot, allowing you to either choose one specific weapon, or alternatively choose “Automatics, Utility Rifles, Precision Rifles, Sidearms, Snipers, Close Quarters, Ordinance.” for your Custom Game (Snipers being Snipe/Beam/Binary, CQC being Shotgun/Sword/Scattershot, and Ordinance being Rockets/Fuel Rod/Incineration Cannon).
>
> Customs and Niche gametypes should allow players to spawn with an Armour Ability, or even the ability to set up 5 Loadouts a’la Reach. But per standard you get one Loadout you can customize on the fly while respawning (like in Gears 3)

I am taking a friendly counter-argument.

i agreed with everything but making it on xbox 360. this is a ten year old console, it can barley run halo 4, it will not be able to run halo 5. halo is not battle field, not cod. it does not need to strattle two platforms, socroficing the final product for more sales. keep it on xbox one i say, that way we can finally get the halo we need as a community.

I agree with all but the 360 and the loadouts part.

Since someone else has handled the 360 Ill handle loadouts.

What your saying is that loadouts in general are bad however, what your complaining about is whats in them, if they took out the PP and the stickies and the boltshot loadouts would be fine since there is no unfair and ridiculous part of them anymore which is what many people fail to realise.

> [/li]1. Bringing the old character back
> Arbiter cannot simply disappear, bring him back on halo 5.
[/quote]
You say this like every single character in Halo should show up in every Halo game.
> The Arbiter isn’t forgoten, nor is he not talked about, in the Halo novels taking place between Halo 3 and 4, there is lots of talk between the Arbiter and the UNSC, there’s also a few parts where he’s the main subject. In Halo’s game storyline, there’s no reason why to have characters show up just because they was in past Halo games. Plus, Jul, is a product of the Arbiter.
>
>
>
> > [/li]1. Halo 5 for Xbox 360
> > Some of us Xbox 360 players don’t want to take the next gen consoles, roughly due to the fact that we have to pay more in addition to buying a used game. It sucks too because the Xbox One costs more than it should. Perhaps making a limited-edition Xbox 360 disc would boost the appreciation.
[/quote]
NO, there are many reasons why this will not happen.
> >
> > #1 Hardware: Xbox 360’s hardware is out of date, and we’re just now starting to see the limitations of it.
> > #2 Microsoft: Halo is Microsoft’s flagship game, it’s the game that sells Xboxes, at least that’s what I’m told, and by that logic many of us who want to play Halo 5, will have to buy a Xbox One.

I agree with most of this, except the parts about custom loadouts and making a 360 version. We already have a bunch of games coming out as multi-platforms and almost all of them will be infinitely better on next-gen consoles anyway.

As for Loadouts, as a Sangheili fan, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to have the ability to spawn with Covenant weapons. While I do think there should be more limitations than exist now, don’t take my Carbine away as a Spawn weapon.

Some limitations I think would do the game as a whole some good:

Make Loadouts gametype oriented, you can customize your choices in the 3 gamemode variants: Automatics, Rifles, and Big Team, each affecting the choice you have in your primary weapon.

In Automatics you get the choice of the AR, the Storm Rifle or Plasma Repeater, and the Suppressor or Sentinel Beam.

In Rifles, you get the choice of the BR, the Carbine, or the Light Rifle (perhaps a different Forerunner Rifle designed for mid range, and that is more unique and alien).

Finally in Big Team, you get the choice of the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Light Rifle.

Across all gametypes, you would get a secondary weapon choice of Magnum, Plasma Rifle, or Bishop Beam. As well as ONE frag, ONE stick, or ONE pulse (spawning with one fixes almost every single problem each grenade tends to present to players, such as Frag Spamming in 4v4, 2 sticks killing vehicles, and Pulse being underpowered because you only get the one, while others give you two.)

No AAs off Spawn, no Tactical Packages, or Support Packages.

In customs, the ability to customize your spawn weapon will exist in the Primary and Secondary Weapon customizable slot, allowing you to either choose one specific weapon, or alternatively choose “Automatics, Utility Rifles, Precision Rifles, Sidearms, Snipers, Close Quarters, Ordinance.” for your Custom Game (Snipers being Snipe/Beam/Binary, CQC being Shotgun/Sword/Scattershot, and Ordinance being Rockets/Fuel Rod/Incineration Cannon).

Customs and Niche gametypes should allow players to spawn with an Armour Ability, or even the ability to set up 5 Loadouts a’la Reach. But per standard you get one Loadout you can customize on the fly while respawning (like in Gears 3)

When it comes to Elites I’d like them to make armour that follows the Covenant Separatist faction led by the Arbiter, which should return in Halo 5 aligned with the UNSC. Their Armour would be modelled based on Halo Reach’s more shiny, smooth, clean armour. And in Multiplayer the model should be scaled down to be more comparable in size to the Spartans, that way they don’t need to be cut out of Matchmaking, and restricted to Customs and Invasion.

Don’t bend them over and contort them like Bungie did in Halo 2, stand them straight, and scale them down. It’s not like you’ll really notice in the thick of the action. Especially players who’ve been around through Halo 1, 2, and 3 when the difference was so minor you didn’t really notice.

> I agree with all but the 360 and the loadouts part.
>
> Since someone else has handled the 360 Ill handle loadouts.
>
> What your saying is that loadouts in general are bad however, what your complaining about is whats in them, if they took out the PP and the stickies and the boltshot loadouts would be fine since there is no unfair and ridiculous part of them anymore which is what many people fail to realise.

That would probably be better.

> I agree with most of this, except the parts about custom loadouts and making a 360 version. We already have a bunch of games coming out as multi-platforms and almost all of them will be infinitely better on next-gen consoles anyway.
>
> As for Loadouts, as a Sangheili fan, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to have the ability to spawn with Covenant weapons. While I do think there should be more limitations than exist now, don’t take my Carbine away as a Spawn weapon.
>
> Some limitations I think would do the game as a whole some good:
>
> Make Loadouts gametype oriented, you can customize your choices in the 3 gamemode variants: Automatics, Rifles, and Big Team, each affecting the choice you have in your primary weapon.
>
> In Automatics you get the choice of the AR, the Storm Rifle or Plasma Repeater, and the Suppressor or Sentinel Beam.
>
> In Rifles, you get the choice of the BR, the Carbine, or the Light Rifle (perhaps a different Forerunner Rifle designed for mid range, and that is more unique and alien).
>
> Finally in Big Team, you get the choice of the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Light Rifle.
>
> Across all gametypes, you would get a secondary weapon choice of Magnum, Plasma Rifle, or Bishop Beam. As well as ONE frag, ONE stick, or ONE pulse (spawning with one fixes almost every single problem each grenade tends to present to players, such as Frag Spamming in 4v4, 2 sticks killing vehicles, and Pulse being underpowered because you only get the one, while others give you two.)
>
> No AAs off Spawn, no Tactical Packages, or Support Packages.
>
> In customs, the ability to customize your spawn weapon will exist in the Primary and Secondary Weapon customizable slot, allowing you to either choose one specific weapon, or alternatively choose “Automatics, Utility Rifles, Precision Rifles, Sidearms, Snipers, Close Quarters, Ordinance.” for your Custom Game (Snipers being Snipe/Beam/Binary, CQC being Shotgun/Sword/Scattershot, and Ordinance being Rockets/Fuel Rod/Incineration Cannon).
>
> Customs and Niche gametypes should allow players to spawn with an Armour Ability, or even the ability to set up 5 Loadouts a’la Reach. But per standard you get one Loadout you can customize on the fly while respawning (like in Gears 3)