Halo 5 Multiplayer

Hi,

I am looking at hosting a Halo 5 tournament (16+ players) but have just found out that Halo 5 will not support LAN games. So my understanding is that everyone needs their own xbox live account (especially as there is no split screen) with an internet connection as all multiplayer games being will be hosted on dedicated servers.

So my question is if I have 16 players on the same network (with internet access) will I need an exceptional broadband connection in order for us all to play in the same game despite being on the same network as LAN is not supported?

Thanks,
Simon

My guess is yes. Cause you’ll have to support server machines through one line of connection. Sorry I’m see this through logically then technology, I’m not a tech person but I saw this and thought I’d give an opinion on this issue you’ve found. I’m not a team together person. I play the Headhunter way. Alone but with other hunters.

Online games typically use a very small amount of bandwidth, think I measured a Halo Reach match as only using around 30kb/second upload and download. So if your connection is decent, say 20mb/sec, it should be able to handle all those connections no problem

Though I don’t know exactly how much bandwidth Halo 5 will use or how it compares to other Halos

Honestly this has to change at a later date we shouldn’t rely on 343i or Microsoft services they’ve shown that they shut down for periods of time or aren’t stable when you least expect it.

I had a feeling online games used very small anount of bandwith. I suppose ping is more important. Thanks for your advice guys.

> 2533274819029930;3:
> Online games typically use a very small amount of bandwidth, think I measured a Halo Reach match as only using around 30kb/second upload and download. So if your connection is decent, say 20mb/sec, it should be able to handle all those connections no problem
>
> Though I don’t know exactly how much bandwidth Halo 5 will use or how it compares to other Halos

This. Unless it is a totally online only game (I.e. Destiny) games take up very little bandwidth.

Just watched this video on YouTube - this guy monitored his bandwidth while playing COD. He was never really downloading more than 15k/sec! I guess the data which is sent/received is only relative to where players are on the map and what they are doing - the console is doing the rest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gatiYJq87yA

So really there is no downfall to losing LAN in Halo 5 - as long as you have a OK internet connection and everyone participating has an xbox live account?