Halo 5 Multiplayer maps and art

I really hope Halo 5 will have amazing Multiplayer maps with very good designs, beautiful art and a lot of detail.

The DLC maps in Halo 4 were pretty good, especially Majestic and Castle DLC, but I wish the maps felt more like Halo, 343i made the Defiant Map pack in Halo Reach and while I never played it, I think it looked really good and from what I have read it was really good. The amount of detail in those maps was incredible. The art and background were beautiful and really reminded me of Halo.

In Halo 4 the disc maps don’t really feel like Halo, I don’t know why but they just don’t look and feel like Halo maps.

I hope 343i makes the maps as good as they are in the Defiant Mappack and this post may sound like I’m not excited but I’m actually really excited and I can’t wait for Halo 5.

I hope the MP maps carry a story with them

I do hope 343i returns to the more classic Halo art and designs to bring back the Halo feel I have when playing Reach or Halo 3.

What do you guys think?

p.s. I think any Multiplayer should have atleast 10-15 very good designed Multiplater maps

Telling 343 to make good maps with the ‘Halo feel’ is all well and good, but it’s not particularly helpful for them. The first thing they’ll be trying to do anyway, (who sets out to purposefully to make a bad map?) and the second one is completely different for everyone and thus impossible to pin down.

I think people give Halo 4’s maps a bad rep. I’d take Haven over Guardian any day. And it all feels like Halo to me, because there are Spartans running around on it killing each other with ARs.

Could you please tell me what you think makes a mpa with a Halo feel, and then I could probably be more constructive.

> Telling 343 to make good maps with the ‘Halo feel’ is all well and good, but it’s not particularly helpful for them. The first thing they’ll be trying to do anyway, (who sets out to purposefully to make a bad map?) and the second one is completely different for everyone and thus impossible to pin down.
>
> I think people give Halo 4’s maps a bad rep. I’d take Haven over Guardian any day. And it all feels like Halo to me, because there are Spartans running around on it killing each other with ARs.
>
> Could you please tell me what you think makes a mpa with a Halo feel, and then I could probably be more constructive.

I think the way they made the Defiant maps for Reach is a good way to make maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcAGExpiYe8

I agree. I think Halo 2 had the best maps and Halo 3 holds some of my favorites also. I wasn’t into many of Reach and 4’s. I’ve never played the defiant map pack.

But I’m also really picky about the atmosphere of maps…to the point where I won’t like a good map if I don’t like the way it looks and feels (Yes, I know. You don’t have to tell me.)

For example, I would have enjoyed Haven loads more if it had a darker, stormier atmosphere. The way it actually is just seems bland to me.