Halo 5: More emotional than Reach

Well, 343 supposably says Halo 5 will be more emotional than Reach. In my honest opinion I felt no emotion in Reach because I felt no connection with any players. Maybe a bit with George. Halo Reach’s emotion was really the music which set the tone. However, Halo 4 was emotional, especially with Cortana.

The point of this thread is that fact that this article states that one of the “protagonists” may be left. 343 if you kill off Chief, any members of blue team or Buck I will be extrememly pissed off! Especially chief!

Anyways, I do have a feeling one important character will die in Halo 5. I think arbiter, or Halsey, and maybe Jul (which would be a shame as well). I hope 343 doesnt make Halo into a game of thrones where they kill off every new and important character. Thats my rant for the day lol goodbye

Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.

Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.

And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.

Well beating Reach is not much of an achievement… however what they did with H4 makes me really hopeful that they’ll deliver.

If they kill Buck there will be riots in the streets, too many hearts broken :smiley:

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.
>
> Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.
>
> And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.

I know thats what I mean, Reach wasnt emotional at all. I think I felt a bit of sadness when George died. But then his life was wasted because the entire covenant slipspaced at Reach… Poor George

Im glad that Armor Lock died in reach.

> 2533274818521550;5:
> Im glad that Armor Lock died in reach.

It got glassed. There’s a memorial to it that reads “Remember this, guys? lol”

Other then Halo 2 and ODST, there has always been a major characters death (Regret doesn’t count, he was the enemy).

Halo 5 needs Halsey or Buck or someone from Blue team and people need to realize this needs to happen to die to tug at your heart and make it emotional. In time of war people don’t survive insurmountable odds and come unscathed.

My vote is Buck even tho I love Nathan Fillion and want him to keep coming back but he has the most to lose and everyone loves him. Halsey is on the fence because some people love her for creating the Spartans and helping save humanity (I’m in this boat) and some think she is a war criminal and traitor and despise her, so you’ll have some people glad. You need everyone to be shock and be sad and pissed that person died and Buck’s backstory just makes the perfect sense of killing him off especially with him being the only one that seems human compared to the rest because he is the only one that has a significant other.

It’s not Halo unless you shed a small tear

> 2533274799834163;7:
> Other then Halo 2 and ODST, there has always been a major characters death (Regret doesn’t count he’s the enemy).
>
> Halo 5 needs Halsey or Buck or someone from Blue team and people need to realize this needs to happen to tug at your heart and make it emotional. In time of war people don’t survive insurmountable odds and come unscathed.
>
> My vote is Buck even tho I love Nathan Filling and want him to keep coming back but he has the most to lose and everyone loves him. Halsey is on the fence because some people love her for creating the Spartans and help saving humanity (I’m in this point) and some think she is a war criminal and traitor and despise her, so you’ll have done people glad. You need everyone to be shock and be sad and pissed that person died and Buck’s backstory just makes the perfect sense of killing him off especially with him being the only one that seems human compared to the rest because he is the only one that has a significant other.

They shouldn’t kill a character just because he is popular.They should kill a character because it would improve the story

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.
>
> Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.
>
> And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.

i’m also hoping this. but well, if 343 dared to kill Cortana…i just get the feeling Halo could turn in some kind of “space-GoT”
where everyone could die at any time and no one’s safe anymore…i just hope Arby, Buck and Blue Team will survive.

> 2533274886490718;9:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.
> >
> > Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.
> >
> > And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.
>
>
> i’m also hoping this. but well, if 343 dared to kill Cortana…i just get the feeling Halo could turn in some kind of “space-GoT”
> where everyone could die at any time and no one’s safe anymore…i just hope Arby, Buck and Blue Team will survive.

I think ODST is the only Halo where a major character didn’t die. Halo 3 alone killed most of its supporting cast. Reach killed almost everyone!

I had this thought that if John and Locke need to team up at the end to stop a common enemy, we may end up with those two teams becoming one. Meaning, for the sake of the co-op, there will only be four Spartans left standing by the last mission or checkpoint… Which means only two Spartans out of Linda, Kelly, Fred, Tanaka, Vale and Buck would be in fighting shape by the end.

But this is just pure speculation on my part. I don’t want Blue Team or Buck to die!

> 2533274945437948;8:
> > 2533274799834163;7:
> > Other then Halo 2 and ODST, there has always been a major characters death (Regret doesn’t count he’s the enemy).
> >
> > Halo 5 needs Halsey or Buck or someone from Blue team and people need to realize this needs to happen to tug at your heart and make it emotional. In time of war people don’t survive insurmountable odds and come unscathed.
> >
> > My vote is Buck even tho I love Nathan Filling and want him to keep coming back but he has the most to lose and everyone loves him. Halsey is on the fence because some people love her for creating the Spartans and help saving humanity (I’m in this point) and some think she is a war criminal and traitor and despise her, so you’ll have done people glad. You need everyone to be shock and be sad and pissed that person died and Buck’s backstory just makes the perfect sense of killing him off especially with him being the only one that seems human compared to the rest because he is the only one that has a significant other.
>
>
> They shouldn’t kill a character just because he is popular.They should kill a character because it would improve the story

Killing a popular character does improve the story by making you feel invested in the story by making you feel some kind of emotion whether it’s sadness or anger for them killing off that character. A lot of deaths have been sacrifices and have improved the story so I don’t think there has been any pointless deaths except for Carter who could if easily guided the pelican into the scarab and bailed out in time.

> 2533274809860074;10:
> > 2533274886490718;9:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.
> > >
> > > Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.
> > >
> > > And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.
> >
> >
> > i’m also hoping this. but well, if 343 dared to kill Cortana…i just get the feeling Halo could turn in some kind of “space-GoT”
> > where everyone could die at any time and no one’s safe anymore…i just hope Arby, Buck and Blue Team will survive.
>
>
> I think ODST is the only Halo where a major character didn’t die. Halo 3 alone killed most of its supporting cast. Reach killed almost everyone!
>
> I had this thought that if John and Locke need to team up at the end to stop a common enemy, we may end up with those two teams becoming one. Meaning, for the sake of the co-op, there will only be four Spartans left standing by the last mission or checkpoint… Which means only two Spartans out of Linda, Kelly, Fred, Tanaka, Vale and Buck would be in fighting shape by the end.
>
> But this is just pure speculation on my part. I don’t want Blue Team or Buck to die!

But that is a key point - as H5 was designed with 4 player co-op in mind… there have to be four characters all of the time.

So either the teams merge (which means four Spartans die) or other characters will jump in.
To be honest: That Team Locke - Team Chief thing makes a lot of sense for H5… but I think as that tension of hunter - hunted will be resolved… having two sets of Spartans might be a little distracting/overcomplicated in the future.

H5 might be the darkest Halo game to date.

> 2533274809860074;10:
> > 2533274886490718;9:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > Of course it will be more so than Reach. Reach introduced new characters (of varying likability … subjectively) then killed them off just as we got to know them.
> > >
> > > Most of the characters in Halo 5 have been around for a long time and mean a lot more to a lot of people. That isn’t to say folks didn’t care about Noble Team, but you can’t really say that losing someone like the Arbiter would have less impact.
> > >
> > > And no, I don’t think we’re going to lose the Arbiter.
> >
> >
> > i’m also hoping this. but well, if 343 dared to kill Cortana…i just get the feeling Halo could turn in some kind of “space-GoT”
> > where everyone could die at any time and no one’s safe anymore…i just hope Arby, Buck and Blue Team will survive.
>
>
> I think ODST is the only Halo where a major character didn’t die. Halo 3 alone killed most of its supporting cast. Reach killed almost everyone!
>
> I had this thought that if John and Locke need to team up at the end to stop a common enemy, we may end up with those two teams becoming one. Meaning, for the sake of the co-op, there will only be four Spartans left standing by the last mission or checkpoint… Which means only two Spartans out of Linda, Kelly, Fred, Tanaka, Vale and Buck would be in fighting shape by the end.
>
> But this is just pure speculation on my part. I don’t want Blue Team or Buck to die!

Not necessarily, they might split up the team up to run a OP along with theirs at the same time like in Halo 3 or 2 people could be the Command Center giving intelligence and support or running scout so they don’t need to be part of the 4 player co op. I think 1-2 people will die, not necessarily members of Osirius or Blue but people we know.

> 2533274799834163;7:
> Other then Halo 2 and ODST, there has always been a major characters death (Regret doesn’t count, he was the enemy).
>
> Halo 5 needs Halsey or Buck or someone from Blue team and people need to realize this needs to happen to die to tug at your heart and make it emotional. In time of war people don’t survive insurmountable odds and come unscathed.
>
> My vote is Buck even tho I love Nathan Fillion and want him to keep coming back but he has the most to lose and everyone loves him. Halsey is on the fence because some people love her for creating the Spartans and helping save humanity (I’m in this boat) and some think she is a war criminal and traitor and despise her, so you’ll have some people glad. You need everyone to be shock and be sad and pissed that person died and Buck’s backstory just makes the perfect sense of killing him off especially with him being the only one that seems human compared to the rest because he is the only one that has a significant other.
>
> It’s not Halo unless you shed a small tear

That is true but I would hate the loss of blue team because it’s the first time we see them in game. First Sam and now who :(?

I agree. It shouldn’t be that hard to be more emotional than reach. I never got connected to the characters, even after multiple playthoughs.

They can take the entire UNSC Infinity and its crew if they want as long as they don’t harm Blue Team.

Calling it now. Dr. Halsey will give her own life for the greater good.

They take anyone from blue team and…I take my pitchfork and stand outside 343 with whoevers armor they had killed off and protest…anyway take vale or tanaka and I’ll be cool

I didn’t think Reach was particularly emotional. I thought Halo 2 and 3 were more emotional and told a MUCH better story. Who thought that you could go from hating the Covenant to loving the Arbiter so much? Or feeling bad when the guy that hugged the Elite during the legendary ending of CE died in Halo 3 trying to save the galaxy?

If they kill Sarah Palmer, nobody is going to care. If they kill Locke, nobody will care. If they killed Laskey, people might care slightly. If they kill Chief, nobody will buy a Halo game ever again. The only person that they can kill that would positively impact the story they are trying to tell is Halsey.

I have a gut feeling that im gonna be feeling some sadness in halo 5 if they kill off someone major just like rooster teeth did in the red vs blue season 13 finale