Halo 5 Mod Suport

So what would be the problem of allowing Modding (for Forge/Custom Games/Campaign) like Fallout 4/Left 4 Dead 2 [PC - Via Steam Workshop]. Why not have Mods for Halo 5 (If not “Fallout 4 Moding for Halo 5” why not Mod on the PC version and share them to Console?

I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.

They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)

> 2533274952806440;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
>
> They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)

I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> >
> > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
>
> I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.

Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.

> 2533274879757912;5:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > >
> > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> >
> > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
>
> Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.

I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > >
> > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> >
> > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
>
> I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.

I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.

> 2533274879757912;7:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > > >
> > > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> > >
> > > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
> >
> > I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.
>
> I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.

What I am trying to say the more they open the game for modding the more vulnerable it becomes. When they put Halo 5 forge on PC it opened the game up to the data mining. I don’t want any more modding options outside of forging improvements.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2533274879757912;7:
> > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > > > >
> > > > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> > > >
> > > > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
> > >
> > > I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.
> >
> > I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.
>
> What I am trying to say the more they open the game for modding the more vulnerable it becomes. When they put Halo 5 forge on PC it opened the game up to the data mining. I don’t want any more modding options outside of forging improvements.

Well, if you feel so strongly about this like you do, I won’t try to change your mind, but I don’t feel the same. Mods have always been a ton of fun in my experience and in the event it ever did come to Halo I don’t doubt it would be just as hilarious and fun as it was on Bethesda games.

> 2533274879757912;9:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > 2533274879757912;7:
> > > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> > > > >
> > > > > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.
> > >
> > > I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.
> >
> > What I am trying to say the more they open the game for modding the more vulnerable it becomes. When they put Halo 5 forge on PC it opened the game up to the data mining. I don’t want any more modding options outside of forging improvements.
>
> Well, if you feel so strongly about this like you do, I won’t try to change your mind, but I don’t feel the same. Mods have always been a ton of fun in my experience and in the event it ever did come to Halo I don’t doubt it would be just as hilarious and fun as it was on Bethesda games.

Also doesn’t 343 get enough flack for copying other developers. They need to go back to what made Halo, Halo and improve on it. Stop the let’s do what other games are doing in Halo. Forge is clearly an excellent way to make maps for games just keep improving on it. No need to expand to what others are doing.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2533274879757912;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > 2533274879757912;7:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > > > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.
> > > >
> > > > I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.
> > >
> > > What I am trying to say the more they open the game for modding the more vulnerable it becomes. When they put Halo 5 forge on PC it opened the game up to the data mining. I don’t want any more modding options outside of forging improvements.
> >
> > Well, if you feel so strongly about this like you do, I won’t try to change your mind, but I don’t feel the same. Mods have always been a ton of fun in my experience and in the event it ever did come to Halo I don’t doubt it would be just as hilarious and fun as it was on Bethesda games.
>
> Also doesn’t 343 get enough flack for copying other developers. They need to go back to what made Halo, Halo and improve on it. Stop the let’s do what other games are doing in Halo. Forge is clearly an excellent way to make maps for games just keep improving on it. No need to expand to what others are doing.

Where is the “Allow people to make CDLC (Custom DLC) Like Campaigns, skins, Make it more beautiful, etc.” Trend? And if you’re worried about cheaters? Team Fortress 2 has Mod support and its Only Multiplayer.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274952806440;11:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > 2533274879757912;9:
> > > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > > 2533274879757912;7:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274879757912;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274952806440;3:
> > > > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > > > > I think they just need to keep improving on Halo Forge. There are forgers already doing some pretty amazing stuff. If and when they have it so enemy AI can be forged in maps that would be about all they need.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > They won’t have to spend resources on improvements when the community can make them, maybe (if the mod is popular enough) it’s added as a forge feature for future titles/current titles (MCC/5/5 PC)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I wouldn’t want to see the community have that much control over the game. What would be the purpose of the developer/studio then? I guess I am just old school that way.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Arguably you could say the same about games that DO allow such a thing like Fallout and Skyrim. It’s not so much just letting the community create their games content, it’s more about letting the community express themselves and show the developers what they want and what they can do. After all, some modders for games went on to get hired by the company of the game they were making mods for.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I don’t like seeing games hacked and modded. To me that is just getting to close to players exploiting multiplayer as well. I don’t even like that they put Halo forge on PC. That is how that one player started data mining and showing stuff that was yet to be released or even if it was going to be released causing an uproar in the community over the content. Forgers using developer programs like forge is cool with me… Hackers and modders chopping up and exploiting the game, I don’t like.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think you’re thinking of something else entirely friend. You seem to be focusing on hacking and modding that allows a 3rd party software to tap into the games server nets and codices, thus allowing them to tamper with the game that benefits the 3rd party user. Modding communities don’t do that; they simply rig models using what is currently available to spice up the game and make it more entertaining. Hence why it was comparable to Fallout or Skyrim; the modding communities for these games are vast with thousands of mods at the ready for people to download and change the aesthetic of their game. They in no way intend to change the flow of the game for the benefit of cheating in a multiplayer environment.
> > > >
> > > > What I am trying to say the more they open the game for modding the more vulnerable it becomes. When they put Halo 5 forge on PC it opened the game up to the data mining. I don’t want any more modding options outside of forging improvements.
> > >
> > > Well, if you feel so strongly about this like you do, I won’t try to change your mind, but I don’t feel the same. Mods have always been a ton of fun in my experience and in the event it ever did come to Halo I don’t doubt it would be just as hilarious and fun as it was on Bethesda games.
> >
> > Also doesn’t 343 get enough flack for copying other developers. They need to go back to what made Halo, Halo and improve on it. Stop the let’s do what other games are doing in Halo. Forge is clearly an excellent way to make maps for games just keep improving on it. No need to expand to what others are doing.
>
> Where is the “Allow people to make CDLC (Custom DLC) Like Campaigns, skins, Make it more beautiful, etc.” Trend? And if you’re worried about cheaters? Team Fortress 2 has Mod support and its Only Multiplayer.

Well, I for one would support this as we have seen a glimpse of what the Halo modding community can do cough <mark>-REDACTED-</mark> cough. If they allow people like that to play with Halo 5, we could have the ability to add enemy AI, or something larger, IDK. Albeit, doing this could cause what happened before to happen again.

Mod support for Halo 5: Guardians on the same scale as Fallout 4 could breath new life into this game. Unfortunately it’ll never happen. Shame, I can only imagine what modders could do with the weapons, armor, vehicles, and maps to make this look, sound, and feel more like a classic Halo game…