halo 5 mc death

So what if in halo 5 they are looking for chief because he was believed to have been killed, yet unsc tries to recover his body and its gone? Maybethat is how the unsc lost contact with him and are now using spartan locke to find him?

Or ONI just said he died to cover up the fact he went AWOL. Humanities savior bouncing on them would be very demoralizing.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> Or ONI just said he died to cover up the fact he went AWOL. Humanities savior bouncing on them would be very demoralizing.

I view this as the more likely scenario. HTT also probably shook ONI a bit and suggested that they might need a nice heroic wrap-up to solidify the story they’ve fabricated about the chief and ensure that his true legacy is never told.

Of course, there remains the loose end of what’s going to happen if and when a member of the armed forces or, god forbid, a civilian sees him and starts to kick up a fuss. I’m thinking that’s where our good friends Osiris come in, but I don’t have a single fact to back up speculation of an assassinatino besides the fact that they and Blue are inevitably going to fight at some point.

> 2533274823519895;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > Or ONI just said he died to cover up the fact he went AWOL. Humanities savior bouncing on them would be very demoralizing.
>
>
> I view this as the more likely scenario. HTT also probably shook ONI a bit and suggested that they might need a nice heroic wrap-up to solidify the story they’ve fabricated about the chief and ensure that his true legacy is never told.
>
> Of course, there remains the loose end of what’s going to happen if and when a member of the armed forces or, god forbid, a civilian sees him and starts to kick up a fuss. I’m thinking that’s where our good friends Osiris come in, but I don’t have a single fact to back up speculation of an assassinatino besides the fact that they and Blue are inevitably going to fight at some point.

ONI seem content with throwing problematic people in Midnight Facility. I don’t see them changing their ways.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> > 2533274823519895;3:
> > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > Or ONI just said he died to cover up the fact he went AWOL. Humanities savior bouncing on them would be very demoralizing.
> >
> >
> > I view this as the more likely scenario. HTT also probably shook ONI a bit and suggested that they might need a nice heroic wrap-up to solidify the story they’ve fabricated about the chief and ensure that his true legacy is never told.
> >
> > Of course, there remains the loose end of what’s going to happen if and when a member of the armed forces or, god forbid, a civilian sees him and starts to kick up a fuss. I’m thinking that’s where our good friends Osiris come in, but I don’t have a single fact to back up speculation of an assassinatino besides the fact that they and Blue are inevitably going to fight at some point.
>
>
> ONI seem content with throwing problematic people in Midnight Facility. I don’t see them changing their ways.

Fair point, but that’s assuming problematic individuals. What happens if he’s exposed to an entire community? If somehow he were to show up on some kind of broadcast shown to a sizable population? I doubt that ONI would go so far as attempting to kill the chief immediately since they’re more about cover-ups and the power of suggestion in the darkness, but if and when a point comes that Blue team finds itself fighting against ONI and what it represents, all bets just might be off.