Halo 5 may not have best story but

halo 5 May not have the best story but the missions and settings are one of the best on the series. Swords of shangelios and battle of sunion are some of the best missions in the series. Halo has always been about cool and unique settings and halo 5 does that without hesitation. Well done 343. Keep that up in halo 6.

I agree with that. Plot sure wasn’t the best. Script not very good at all. But the missions and environments were awesome. Just wish they could have taken a lot of those campaign environments and incorporated them in the arena maps.

I don’t think the majority of the Halo fanbase is denying the beauty of the campaign. It is all meaningless though if the inner conflict of the story is not up to snuff, and that is the main complaint mae by fans and critics. What’s the point of visiting and experiencing the beautiful locales if the reason behind it is dumb, or you don’t know/agree with what you’re fighting for? If the story had been better, then it would have made the missions that much more involving and ultimately better. As it stands though, it is comparable to a wax apple. It looks good on the outside, but when you bite into it you realize it’s nothing but crap on the inside.

That’s what I’ve been saying. The story has been lackluster, but the level design and gameplay is fantastic. Especially if you do it like me and take a 3 or so days and plow straight through Reach, CE, H2, ODST, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5. Playing them back to back like that, you can really get an appreciation for for each game’s unique feel, and Halo 5 is no exception, it’s great. People claim it lacks “replayability”, but I could play “Blue Team” and “Swords of Sangheilios” 100 times each.

I don’t think the halo 5 story was great at all but I don’t think it was bad either. I just think it was different and people didn’t expect it and didn’t like it right off the bat. Def not the best but was different and it was ok to me.