Halo 5 Max Player Count

343 please please please have a max player count of something larger like 32-64 players in a match! Even if its just one playlist (Extra Big Team Battle?) but Halo is a perfect game universe for large scale battles!

I am all for the arena style gameplay, but sometimes its good to have other options too. I know there more that hasn’t been announced and maybe its this, as I really hope it is! !

I think many people could agree that having large battles of Wraiths, Scorpions, Warthogs, etc. Would be great way to show off next Gen halo!

Im not saying turn halo into battlefield, but Halo is epic. Why not have Epic sized battles?

The downside to having these big, epic battles will be the wait time in the matchmaking lobby; the bigger the battle, the longer the wait. I’m all for scaling BTB up to include more people and larger maps, but I worry 64 players is way, way too much. Current BTB setup is 8 vs 8 and I think the max we could sustain without making really absurd wait times would be the 16 vs 16.

12 vs 12 is probably the best compromise, though, and the most likely to actually happen.

Could have server browsers and a mandatory like 8 to start but more can join

> 2533274890980480;3:
> Could have server browsers and a mandatory like 8 to start but more can join

This is the way to go…

I Remember reading the leaker said that “the Maps are going to be Huuuuge” So we might get battlefield numbers in BTB now

> 2533274811959854;2:
> The downside to having these big, epic battles will be the wait time in the matchmaking lobby; the bigger the battle, the longer the wait. I’m all for scaling BTB up to include more people and larger maps, but I worry 64 players is way, way too much. Current BTB setup is 8 vs 8 and I think the max we could sustain without making really absurd wait times would be the 16 vs 16.
>
> 12 vs 12 is probably the best compromise, though, and the most likely to actually happen.

That’s not an acceptable argument.

Those who want to play those game types will be more than willing to wait, those who don’t, won’t.
If you don’t feel like waiting for those matches than you’re fine to go play a playlist that will find matches quicker, but don’t say that it wouldn’t work and ruin it for the rest of us.

I would personally love a larger multiplayer Halo experience, 32 players would likely fit best into their map design as opposed to 64. The only time waiting would be any issue would be 3 or 4 years after release and that’s only if people don’t like the game/playlist anyway. Although higher max player counts usually make for a more hectic, fun experience, so I would bet people would be playing it for quite some time.

I’ve been waiting for this in a Halo game for some time, but it will likely never happen as 343i is too attached to keeping Halo “At it’s roots” instead of making the most enjoyable, consumer friendly game possible.

Im hoping 16v16, or if there is a server browser of some sort 32v32

> 2533274818733146;5:
> > 2533274811959854;2:
> > The downside to having these big, epic battles will be the wait time in the matchmaking lobby; the bigger the battle, the longer the wait. I’m all for scaling BTB up to include more people and larger maps, but I worry 64 players is way, way too much. Current BTB setup is 8 vs 8 and I think the max we could sustain without making really absurd wait times would be the 16 vs 16.
> >
> > 12 vs 12 is probably the best compromise, though, and the most likely to actually happen.
>
>
> That’s not an acceptable argument.
>
> Those who want to play those game types will be more than willing to wait, those who don’t, won’t.
> If you don’t feel like waiting for those matches than you’re fine to go play a playlist that will find matches quicker, but don’t say that it wouldn’t work and ruin it for the rest of us.
>
> I would personally love a larger multiplayer Halo experience, 32 players would likely fit best into their map design as opposed to 64. The only time waiting would be any issue would be 3 or 4 years after release and that’s only if people don’t like the game/playlist anyway. Although higher max player counts usually make for a more hectic, fun experience, so I would bet people would be playing it for quite some time.
>
> I’ve been waiting for this in a Halo game for some time, but it will likely never happen as 343i is too attached to keeping Halo “At it’s roots” instead of making the most enjoyable, consumer friendly game possible.

I’m ruining it for you by making an observation and stating an opinion?

If the matches require a minimum of 8 and 8 to start and allows others to join in as the match progresses, I don’t foresee a real problem with up to 16 vs 16 games.

My concern is that at the 32 vs 32 mark, 10+ minute wait times become a real possibility and that will create issues; lengthy wait times will kill off interest for some of the players with shorter attention spans (your average gamer is quite fickle and impatient to begin with) and losing their interest reduce the pool of players. Beyond that problem, a lot of people will likely sit the controller down and go do something else while they wait, leading to them being idle when the match starts and being free kills (something which already happens with an annoying regularity in BTB). Sure, the dedicated will be willing to wait, but think about the possibility of waiting 10 to 15 minutes between every single match and tell me with a straight face that sounds like fun.

And we don’t even know if JIP will be a thing for H5; it wasn’t exactly universally loved for H4 and we’re not sure which opinion 343 has about it. It might return and it might not; if it does, we might have shorter waits but risk getting thrown into the tail end of a match just in time to lose and if it doesn’t return, we can count on wait times being even longer.

Not saying the big matches wouldn’t be fun; I would love a giant 32 on 32 melee; the potential carnage is absolutely glorious to think about. I just don’t think it’s actually feasible. 16 on 16, on the other hand, most certainly is workable, but I don’t think it’s going to happen, either; 12 vs 12 is much more likely if we get anything at all and I really hope we do.

They should try 32V32

great idea