Halo 5 Matchmaking - State of Emergency

> 2533274817042031;21:
> Now i’m going to point towards a particular option in the custom games menu in which you can change a vast amount of options, and make 5 feel a little more like your beloved Halo 3.

You know thats what my first conclusion was, tbh. I will make some game types the best i can for occasion. Theres just two problems with that.

Im older now and all my halo friends are too. We cant team up every single day after school anymore. Im lucky to get two of them online at the same time once every couple of months. I know thats personal though. Its also hard to make friends online now. People are caught up in their parties or just dont have mics.

When my friends are online, and even myself, were not so inclined to play gametypes that dont directly reflect actual matchmaking because it sets yourself up for failure, if that makes sense.

> 2533274891104960;18:
> I completely agree with the op here. Matchmaking is just a random pile of utter carnage. Everyone just gets funnelled into the choke points around the edges on a lot of the maps, and when they arrive, they arrive with their pockets crammed with grenades, at which point it’s all about whoever is closest to the server gets the kill. I mean, why go through the middle of a lot of these maps as you’re just a sitting duck if you do. There’s very little point firing across the map, as the outer map edges aren’t open enough, or the players travel too fast between them, same effect either way!
> I also echo the comments about the aiming. I used to be on a 7 in every other Halo. With H5 I’ve found myself on a 5, but tbh I can’t find any sensitivity that works properly, there’s just a huge lack of control which adds to the random spray and pray or drop all your grenades at once scenario. In previous Halo titles, when connectivity issues were present, I used to use the phrase “Reticle on a rubber band”! This best describes the way the reticle behaves when a certain player to player distance is breached, and the closer the range, the worse it is. I’ve questioned if the way the spartan moves is amplifying this or not? I know there’s a definitive and serious lack of control though, for sure!
> I also don’t stay alive very long after killing. This is for simple reasons. Again, the funnelling of teams into the choke points on the maps and once you’ve killed someone, you’re simply grenaded to death or chased down by the speed people travel at, in as suggested, small areas of the maps.
> There’s also serious latency here in the UK which some say is due to the servers being in the USA, which adds to the misery. Idk about that, but it’s laggy. Even Star Wars Battlefront beta was nowhere near as laggy as this game.
> Some people like utter chaos all of the time, which this is. I’ll summarise what you need to do well in Halo 5 multiplayer. Luck! When luck is your biggest companion, there’s something very wrong with the game!
> I want to like Halo 5, but I won’t be continuing with multiplayer for much longer if it fails to improve. Halo is the only game I give any real time to, in fact I own less than half a dozen other titles on Xbox one.

Yup, seems like youre in the same boat as me with your comment.

I tried all sensitivities. 3 is too slow for close gun fights(so bad you cant even keep up with the strafing) but keeps you from squirreling if you aim too far. 8 is easier to close range fight but makes any aiming mistake cost you your life, because you just freak out. A happy medium at 5-6 just makes both issues apparent.

I only have an xbox one because it was new and exciting, and have 5-6? games for it, two being Halo MCC and Halo 5. Thats how badly i rely on halo for my console enjoyment. I also have only a 1.5 Mb/s download so matchmaking is often laggy for me which really adds to the disappointment, but thats an irrelevent issue.

Quit whinning

I’ve loved the multiplayer so far, it’s been an almost perfect experience. Just wish I had more time to play it

Ooo no the game is no longer Halo 3 and you can no longer get host advantage so you can just point and shoot your gun at people while everyone else has to work out how far to lead their shots whether that be 5 feet or 20 feet to hit anyone.

> 2533274906745123;26:
> I’ve loved the multiplayer so far, it’s been an almost perfect experience. Just wish I had more time to play it

No kidding! Between work and a newborn baby it’s ridiculous to find a good time to play.

OT: I haven’t had any issues with aiming, the multiplayer experience, lag, or quitters. It’s a nice feel for the game.

All I saw is “blahhh take me back to the hold days”. In all seriousness go play MCC or hell heard some ppl here going back to reach (LOL). This is not halo of old and never will be.

I am sorry but no halo fan in their right mind can be honest with themselves and claim any other halo had a better sandbox.

AR starts might not be you cup of tea but it’s playable just not your preference. AR/SMG start in the original trilogy is not playable.
there was never a reason for you to pick up anything but a pistol or a BR. 80% perfect of you kills while running around with an auto would be from a melee.

Halo 1-3 were never balanced games. We never cared or bothered because BR is life! I’m halo 5 any gun is worth picking up. From the boltshot to carbine.

Mobility to each his own I guess. I can’t play advance warefare or Titian fall for more than 30 mins. Both those games have never touched my console. So no I don’t like it cause I like those games.

Even bungie knew there was nothing else they could add to our beloved trinity. Equipments were glorified “special grenades”(bubble shield was first shown looking like a grenade) Armor abilities??? We all saw how that turned out. The movement in halo 5 feels natural and smooth AF.

it would suck to feel like you “lost” your series, but “that” halo is gone and can prob never come back. New bungie isn’t close to who old bungie was. You have better luck waiting for the reclaimer saga to end.

> 2533274812955867;15:
> > 2535452639323332;13:
> > > 2533274880770006;12:
> > > > 2533274825327025;5:
> > > > > 2533274880770006;4:
> > > > > I completely agree, its very frustrating. I miss the old days.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The old days are not gone. You can play all the older Halo games on the Xbox One. It’s called Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
> > >
> > >
> > > we are talking about back when it came out, when halo had a million players online. If u dont like his post you dont have to comment. Jesus.
> >
> >
> > If you guys don’t like the game, you don’t have to keep making a bunch of topics about it on the games forums. Jesus.
>
>
> We love halo, we want to see change, that is why so many people are critiquing it on the forums, hopefully 343 sees this and makes changes that the community wants to see.

If it were to the community the series would go no where it’s never been. I never want to go back useless automatics. Bunny hopping Spartans cause of how painfully slow halo 3 was. And I played halo 3 like it was my job, at one point watched more halo 2/3 MLG coverage more than actually TV. Watching the old final boss go on a rampage and play online till I felt I could play like that.

I’m sick of people saying that ‘Halo needs to evolve’ or ‘Do you just want the same game with updated graphics over and over again?’

Well we kinda do. It’s possible to add new content and gameplay changes without completely destroying the feel of the old games like Halo 4 and 5 have. Halo 5 is just combining stuff from other shooters and putting a Halo skin on top.

Also we don’t complain about Halo because we hate it, so saying (don’t play it if you don’t like it) makes no sense. We WANT to like it, we WANT it to be good , because of how much we love the franchise. We don’t want to see the franchise change to become a mediocre generic shooter (and it is certainly headed down that path) so we complain about things we don’t like so they don’t happen again in the future. Unlike some fanboys who defend even the most hated changes and praise the game in every way, or just say ‘Deal with it.’

343 has so many people praising them for their mistakes with Halo, that they believe they are doing the right thing for the series. I mean half of the posts made on these forums saying anything negative about Halo 5 are locked, deleted, or the user is suspended. And half the arguments against these complaints are ‘go play another game’ or ‘stop trolling.’ Seriously, how is someone expressing a genuine widely thought opinion trolling?

And there is no Majority here. There is no proof that the majority of people like the direction Halo is going. The same can be said for the other side too. But there are enough people complaining that it should be considered a serious problem.

When i think of Halo i think of when it was a GOOD game. A game that took skill, set apart the casuals from the competitive and had a good fair ranking system
Basically the complete opposite of what Halo has become, since Bungie split and 343i formed, Halo became less of a game for the gamers, and more of a game for the sellers and sales. It became less about making sure the game is balanced, fun, competitive to being a game that you can pick up an play, use any gun and be able to get a kill far too easily despite being bad at the game and looking good because of how easy it is, and it became more of a game that looks nice an fancy.

There are so many things wrong with it i can’t begin to explain it all. Radar distance is too short, the aiming deadzone, Spawn rotation, Map layouts, Weapons being better than they should.

examples;
AR - should be a close range gun, more range an accuracy than the SMG, but lacks that to go toe to toe with a BR/DMR/Magnum outside radar distance - currently it’s way too powerful and accurate at range.

Magnum - Too strong an accurate, it makes the DMR and BR pointless to pick up.

Radar - Has a pathetically small distance, by the time it spots them you’ve been double slapped or assassinated because of the fast movement speed.

Movement - Halo was never a parkour game, so why do we have infinite spring, a boost and climbing? I’m sorry they don’t belong in a competitive shooter, this is war.

Grenades - too much damage and too small a blast radius.

There’s a heck of a lot more i could state but there’s no point, i’m just a “whiner” who has nothing to add, not like i’ve played every Halo to date for more than 1000 matches per game (excluding 5) having every Halo be a limited or legendary edition. Not all of us are the type of person who enjoys dying because it’s too easy to kill, the same way not all of us are the type of person who enjoys playing games that are difficult. The previous Halo’s catered for you AND us, now the Halo’s just cater for you - the casuals who can’t land more than 2 headshots a game.

> 2533274934309015;32:
> AR - should be a close range gun, more range an accuracy than the SMG, but lacks that to go toe to toe with a BR/DMR/Magnum outside radar distance - currently it’s way too powerful and accurate at range.
>
> Radar - Has a pathetically small distance, by the time it spots them you’ve been double slapped or assassinated because of the fast movement speed.
>
> Grenades - too much damage and too small a blast radius.

I don’t care about anyone’s backstory, i enlarged the points i agree with.

Movement:

I really like it, but that is because of personal preference, i like fast games and halo 5 does seem quite nice now. - that apart, do some people forget that we are playing spartans ; they should be able to sprint and jump and do other fancy stuff … , never quite liked not being able to run …

Pistol:

Could be little less accurate in distance fights, but overall i think it is just fine as it is.

Rarely lost a duel with the BR / DMR against a pistol…

I have no complaints

> 2533274825327025;2:
> > 2533274858827953;1:
> > Imagine halo 3 for a second. MMmm yyyessss, isnt it nice? Those days are gone.
>
>
> Stopped reading here. Those days are not gone. Halo 3 is available on Xbox 360 to play as well as on Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One. If you don’t like Halo 5: Guardians, don’t play it but please don’t act like you can’t play the previous Halo games anymore. Jesus.

with the state the MCC still is in you can’t play halo 3 mp.

> 2533274812955867;8:
> I completely agree too. But I love halo so I’m sticking around for a little longer. Halo 3 was the best, there was a reason I played 3000 games of it. I just loved the competitive feel to it, so much chance for outplay even when it was 1v2. Now it’s your blowing up from random grenades and dying from the most ridiculous weapons or getting AR charged.

I’ve played a heck of a lot myself. This isn’t a bad game, they’ll fix issues but give it more than 7 days…

I’ve had no aiming problems. I’ve gone on killing sprees, gotten double kills on two opponents both of whom saw before they died, bested any automatic with a magnum, bested a magnum with a BR, got around a map to avoid cross-map fire … it’s the most fun I’ve had playing Halo since Halo 2.

> 2533274858827953;1:
> Halo 5 appears to be the best matchmaking released to date, but dont let your first glance fool you.
>
> For those who have been around since Halo 2 online, im hoping you will find resonance with this thread. Halo multiplayer to me is about seeing multiple enemies on your screen, and using the current weapons at hand to their specific strengths, paired with your limited defences(obstacles), mobility(sprint or not) and awareness(call outs and RADAR) to somehow find a way to take all of these enemies out before they can take YOU out. That is the rush of halo. There were hiccups staying true to this along the way to halo 5 but now the fine lines that define halo multiplayer have blurred beyond recognition.
>
> The most prominent aspects of Halo 5 that has ruined our experience, in my opinion, are:
>
> -Weapons: DMR, Carbine, BR, Magnum, light rifle, AR, SMG… blah blah its all the same now. Youre gonna die or kill the other person, very quickly, whichever weapon you have. Dont waste time looking for a certain one. Nothing really has the advantage anymore. No weapon has those specific strengths if used right. No weapon will be in your hand long enough to make a difference. Grenades count too right? You bet your -Yoink- they do. I have six and before i can throw all 6 i will have restocked. You cant escape.
> You’re complaining that weapons kill? And if you don’t kill the other person you might die instead? isn’t that the entire point?
>
> -Mobility: ‘Oh my god this is great,’ i first thought. Then i realized anyone, no matter where they are, can zoom their -Yoink- to any point on the map in a matter of seconds. You get one shot you find cover right? Not anymore. You WILL DIE whether you like it or not, you might as well put up your best fight, and your best grenades because everyone is coming. I AM COMING, because i have 6 grenades and i have unlimited sprint, thrusters, AND spartan charge. If i dont get you, someone else will.
> Combat Evolved
>
> -Radar: By far the worst of them all, im right behind you, literally close enough to smell you, and you wont know it till youre respawning, You get a streak with that power weapon? No, you didnt, because you literally picked it up 10 seconds ago, and i will be dropping it 10 seconds after taking it from you. Right after sneak attacking you before you can turn your 10 sensitivity -Yoink- around. There is no outplaying anyone. There is only chance.
> Check those corners, work with your team!
>
> **-**Time To Kill - TTK: Imagine halo 3 for a second. MMmm yyyessss, isnt it nice? Those days are gone. People like CALL OF DUTY now, so thats what you get
> Imagine there was a Master Chief Collection - imagine Halo 3 being available to play online… oh wait don’t need to imagine as it’s there.
>
> -Aiming: I personally cant figure this one out, i just dont understand it. I can go from 1-10 sensitivity and i have the same problem. Its as if i cant keep my sights locked on any dome. My target is just a little to the left as they strafe, so i try to move it a little, but it doesnt make it. So i move it a little more, still doesnt make it, so i move it EVEN MORE, and then ive gone too far, its too late, my crosshair is freaking out and is a wild frenzy all over my screen. Did 343 change aiming? WHAT HAPPENED?
> I think you need to go to Specsavers
>
> -Streaks: Its never been so hard to rack up a streak, ever. With everything above combined, you can barely get two kills per death. With a 4.8 arena KDA i still feel like all i do is spawn, pistola someones head, then die instantly. OVER AND OVER.
> Maybe… you are not as good as you thought you were. I’m no Halo Master but I do alright. I’ve had kill streaks, I’ve had decent Kill/Death Ratios. I’ve also had rubbish games where I’ve not been able to get in the flow and just dies loads.
>
> Now looking through that list… 343 hit the nail on the head. Thats just enough to sap all enjoyment from halo matchmaking. I want to play Halo 5 so bad, but i LOATHE it. I get so mad and frustrated every other game that i realize how unhappy i am. I dont want to feel like this. I dont even know what to think but… -Yoink- MY LIFE. The one game i love more than any other has been completely shamed. I will sometimes get on MP to play with friends, and i will definitely finish the campaign achievements, but otherwise there is no way all of this will ever be fixed, so im out. I wont be missed, new generations will play it and play it.
> HALO 5 is AWESOME!!
>
> I still cant play MCC because of ‘matchmaking data’ issues that wont let me go into MP, and now i wont have another shot at playing another halo religiously for 3 more years. What a sinking feeling.

See my answers above in BOLD

> 2669321029142493;35:
> > 2533274825327025;2:
> > > 2533274858827953;1:
> > > Imagine halo 3 for a second. MMmm yyyessss, isnt it nice? Those days are gone.
> >
> >
> > Stopped reading here. Those days are not gone. Halo 3 is available on Xbox 360 to play as well as on Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One. If you don’t like Halo 5: Guardians, don’t play it but please don’t act like you can’t play the previous Halo games anymore. Jesus.
>
>
> with the state the MCC still is in you can’t play halo 3 mp.

have you tried it lately? Halo 3 has been working for quite some time.

No normal person will take you seiously with such a melodramatic over the to thread title.

> 2533274825327025;2:
> > 2533274858827953;1:
> > Imagine halo 3 for a second. MMmm yyyessss, isnt it nice? Those days are gone.
>
>
> Stopped reading here. Those days are not gone. Halo 3 is available on Xbox 360 to play as well as on Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One. If you don’t like Halo 5: Guardians, don’t play it but please don’t act like you can’t play the previous Halo games anymore. Jesus.

This game plays a lot like H3 and has a nice skill gap…

All I read is “waahhhh I die in 10 seconds so the game is bad” maybe, I don’t know, git gud scrub?